PDA

View Full Version : A week later....

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-27-2004, 10:40 AM
....and what a change! Tubby is crunching on his hard food right now - yes, you heard right, he is eating his hard food all on his won, with no prompitng from me!!!

We just got back from our follow up visit. The vet says he looks great and is doing good again. His temperature is back to normal and most importantly, his kidney levels are back to what they were "before the crisis" which was when he had his 6 month check up 4 weeks ago! Yippee!!! He is keeping him on the sub-q fluids, but cut back from 200 (whatevers) a day, to 150 (whatevers) every other day. He also still needs to take his potassium supplements every day, his Pepcid every day and his Cosequin every day. So he is not healthy, and the Vet was explaining how it only gets worse from here on out, but for now he's doing good and we'll try and keep it that way as long as possible.

I asked him what signs to watch for to indicate another "crisis" is coming on, and he said the biggest indicator is that he will stop eating again. So needless to say I will be watching intake like a hawk!

Tubby was sitting up and alert on the car ride over, and seemed to be much more of his curious self. He even started exploring the rest of the office while we were waiting for the results of his blood test again, and while I was waiting for the bill to be printed up. He was complaining at the vet when he was checking him over, and swishing his tail like mad - which was a good thing. :D

Oh, and that "fatty mass" that was below the bladder but above the colon (or wherever it was) had also dramatically gotten smaller. He thought that had something to to with the infection. Tubby still has 3 more days of anti-biotics to do, so that should completely knock all infection out of him.

Thanks SO much for all your continued support. It really means a lot to us. I'm crying happy tears - I got my big boy back. :D

slick
11-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Debbie....what a way to start off a weekend.....you've got me crying too!!!

I just can't imagine how relieved you must be. This is just another prime example of Pet Talk Prayers working another miracle. No doubt about it.

So glad to hear that he's back eating his crunchies and that his levels are down; and what's this about tubby-tude? That's a new one on me. I thought he was so laid back that vet could do anything without complaints.:D

{{{HUGS}}} my friend. You are a very special Meowmie and Mr. Tubs and Mz Peanut are very lucky to have you and Daddy Terry.

luv
slick
xo

Edwina's Secretary
11-27-2004, 11:05 AM
What good news Debbie! Keep on crunching Tubby old boy!

Craftlady
11-27-2004, 11:15 AM
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!

ChrisH
11-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Wonderful news! :D Got me crying happy tears too! :D

Corinna
11-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah Tubby keep on making the Vet eat his words . more time with Meowmie.

Barbara
11-27-2004, 11:34 AM
*sits here and grins broadly*

Tubby you rock:D :D :D

Vermontcat
11-27-2004, 11:41 AM
I'm so happy that Tubby is feeling so much better now!:D
To celebrate, I will post some Samantha photos for Tubby right now.;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Aw, that is wonderful news, Debbie!! Hurray for boy Tubby :)

kimlovescats
11-27-2004, 12:46 PM
(((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) Debbie!!!! This is such wonderful news for Tubby!!! I am so happy that your vet didn't give up on him, and he has more time of feeling well and enjoying being your special boy!!!! :D

rosethecopycat
11-27-2004, 12:59 PM
Excellent!:D

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 01:12 PM
HURRAY!!! WOO-HOO!!!! YES. YES. YES!!! TUBBY'S BETTER!!!

Debbie I just can't tell you how thrilled I am to hear The Tubster is on the road to recovery - and I'm shedding tears with everyone else - Happy tears though!!

Maybe another Pet Talk Prayer Happening methinks??? Keeping the prayers and positive vibes coming across the miles.

BIG {{{{{HUGS}}}}} to a very special Meowmie xxx

Lynne

Cinder & Smoke
11-27-2004, 01:15 PM
:)

THANKS, God!

'Preciate You Help on dis wun!! ;)

/s the Prayer Pups

Wheeeeew!
Whudda Relief!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2004, 01:32 PM
HAPPY DANCE IN PROGRESS!!!!

Such good news.
Don't worry Tubby, I have to take my vitamins and Pepcid every day too! Just keep eatin' little pal!:D

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh Debbie, this is great news!

Tubby, you keep on eating that delicious crunchy food and taking those meds. We want you feeling good. :)

Thanks for updating us. Its nice to know how he's doing.

rg_girlca
11-27-2004, 04:19 PM
This is such great news. Wait a go Tubby!

I hope and pray that you continue to stay well for a long, long time.

Vio&Juni
11-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Tubby, you're a superstar! Keep crunching ;)

lizbud
11-27-2004, 04:39 PM
"salvageable" indeed....:D Way to go Tubby.:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Debbie, this is excellent news!!!:D Thanks for the update.:)

MULTICATMOM
11-27-2004, 05:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS:D :D

catcrazylady
11-27-2004, 08:51 PM
Way to go Tubby!!! The news keeps getting better and better and I pray that Tubby does too. Last week at this time we all thought Tubby was leaving us but look at him now! Big kissies to you sweetheart and you keep on crunching!:D :D :D

shais_mom
11-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Yyeeaaa! for Tubby!!:)

catnapper
11-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Thats such fantastic news! Way to go Tubby! We love you... keep up the good health young man!

catmandu
11-28-2004, 12:49 PM
The Found Cats,are pleased that Tubby,is feeling better,and we hope,that he has recovered for Catmas Prty 2004,by which time Hershey Bar,should be out,of the closet.

QueenScoopalot
11-28-2004, 04:01 PM
YAY Tubby! Keep living up to your name, and please stay a nice tubby boy for your worried meowmie. :D Happy crunchin' Tubby. :)

Cincy'sMom
11-28-2004, 04:55 PM
Great news!!! Glad Tubby is feeling better!

AmberLee
11-29-2004, 12:53 AM
Yippie!!!

mina'smomma
11-29-2004, 07:19 AM
Deb,

I'm very happy to hear that Tubby is doing so much better. Give him a big hug from Lee and I and a head bump from Mina.

catlover4ever
11-29-2004, 07:45 AM
What wonderful news!!!!

gini
11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Debbie, isn't it something that standing over a cat and watching it eat and make delicious crunching noises can reduce us to tears?

Poor darlings cannot tell us what is wrong so we just watch for all of the signs. Watching them eat again on their own makes our hearts leap for joy.

I had a beautiful little black boy named Magic and I shed many a tear over his eating.

I am so happy for you.............and for Tubby too!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2004, 09:41 AM
Thank you SO much everyone. Even though I thought Tubby was already all better, I continue to see small improvements everyday. For example, the other day I woke up and he was in bed with me - which means he used his little step stool to jump up....all by himself! And then just this morning he came for treats when he heard the usual clinking of the plates and the rattle of spoons in the drawer and then he headed for the bathroom for our morning chin skritchie ritual for the first time in about 2 weeks. Needless to say it took extra long to dry my hair this morning (probably over-dry is more appropriate) because I just couldn't stop giving him chin skritchies and patting his butt while he gave me head bumpies. I am so happy. :D

Terry is demanding a Christmas list from me. I told him I don't have a list because I've already gotten the best present I could want - a (relatively) healthy Tubby boy. He is up and down the stairs like normal again - which I never thought would happen - so the "sick bay" has been dismantled and we now have our foyer back. :)

I've started measuring the amount of food I put out each morning. I will get a "usual" amount of intake and if that starts dropping off, he will be back at the vet so fast his head will spin. ;) :D

Thank you all again for your sontinuing support. I would have been totally lost through all this without it. :)

slick
11-29-2004, 10:24 AM
So the old jalopy is back in working order....so glad to hear it. I had a bit of a scare last night because Speckles tried a couple of times to jump on the coffee table but couldn't make it and fell back down. :( I picked her up and set her on the couch which was her original destination. Poor girl. What are we gonna do??

Hugs and smoochies to T & P and take a few extra for yourself.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by slick
So the old jalopy is back in working order....so glad to hear it. I had a bit of a scare last night because Speckles tried a couple of times to jump on the coffee table but couldn't make it and fell back down. :( I picked her up and set her on the couch which was her original destination. Poor girl. What are we gonna do??

:( :( Poor Speckles....and poor you. I know the feeling of watching them fall. :( The vet suggested little step stools all over the house. ;) Told him that was already - DONE! - at our house. ;)

Hugs and smoochies to T & P and take a few extra for yourself.
DONE! :D

Killearn Kitties
11-29-2004, 11:23 AM
Well done Tubby!!! We're all so happy for you!! :D :D :D

rg_girlca
11-29-2004, 12:39 PM
The news just keeps getting better and better. I could not be happier for you Debbie.

SEE........
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sehrgrosse/large-smiley-002.gif

RICHARD
11-29-2004, 01:30 PM
LOL,

Never thought you'd see the day you would be happy to be cleaning cat poop!!!!

;)