PDA

View Full Version : A new family member of the feline kind!!

DJFyrewolf36
11-27-2004, 03:25 AM
I think I may have been adopted by another kitty

I was leaving a friends house and I heard this pitiful meowing . I opened the door and I saw this little black kitten! She is all black and very fisty. She was real hungry though. Looks like a trip to the white coats on monday though, to make sure she is ok. No signs of illness I can see right now. I am keeping her and Remus seperate, just in case. They did sniff at eachother and actualy PLAYED a bit while I was preping the bathroom for her (she made it quite obvious to me that she wasn't to be held!!). Poor girl would have died out in this cold...she doesn't look more than a few months old.

I wish my camera worked!! For now, the hubby is calling her Spook.

Pending everything is ok, and no one claims her....Welcome home Spook!

Barbara
11-27-2004, 03:28 AM
DJ, I had started to miss you and Remus- but this is good news: lots of pictures of Spook and Remus to come:D

I hope she has a clean bill of health next Monday.
Congrats to the new addition- there are some clever kitties out there when it comes to finding a new home:)

jenluckenbach
11-27-2004, 04:24 AM
:D (what more can I say?) ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2004, 04:37 AM
Aw, a little black kitten....:) I hope to see pics of you scoop, as soon as possible ;) :)

catcrazylady
11-27-2004, 06:19 AM
AWWWWWWWE!!! Another rescue!!:D :D I love it when a baby gets rescued into a great home!!
She sounds adorable and I'm sure she and Remus will have a blast together!! Keep us posted on how things go with the white coats.

slick
11-27-2004, 07:40 AM
Bless you for taking in this little black beauty. Sure looking forward to some pictures....

catmandu
11-27-2004, 08:30 AM
In many parts,of the world Black Cats,are Good Luck,and we hope,that Spook,is all right Monday,and brings you,All the Luck,in The World,for your kindness!

kimlovescats
11-27-2004, 10:08 AM
Yippee!!! Can't wait to see pics of the little Spook!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Yeah for Spook! I know you had talked about maybe someday getting another kitty, so I guess that day has arrived. :D

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 02:39 PM
Isn't that funny how they seem to find us?

Congrats on Spook. :) She sounds like a fun little thing. Can't wait for pictures when you can get some.

rg_girlca
11-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Bless you for taking in this little kitty.
I hope and pray that all goes well at the vets on Monday.

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
Bless you for taking in this little kitty.
I hope and pray that all goes well at the vets on Monday. Ditto. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way that everything will be a okay.:) I also look forward to seeing pictures of little black Spook.:)

DJFyrewolf36
11-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Thanks for your wonderful replies and well wishes! Now that she has calmed down a little, I got a good look at her. By the way she acts, she looks like she is in heat however she doesn't look to be more than 5 months old. How old does a female have to be before she gets her first heat? I'm not sure...

I'm glad I caught her when I did. It snowed last night and she would have frozen to death.

christa
11-27-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm so excited for you!!!

I can tell you that adopting Brodie has been GREAT for Josie! She loves him now and treats him like he's her kitten. I'm shocked, but it was definitely a great thing!!! I hated to think of Josie living her life alone . . . :( . . . now she has a buddy to grow with, LOL.

I'm sure that Remus will love this little girl!!! I'm so excited that you're considering keeping her!!!

Pics please SOON!!!

shais_mom
11-27-2004, 10:29 PM
:cool:
that is sooooo cool!
A lady that works at the Curves that I go to just got a black kitten named Spooky!! :)

catnapper
11-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Yippie! How exciting! You found her just in time... I can;t wait to see a picture of the sweetie.

Lilith Cherry
11-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Spook sounds like a darling little girl ! Hope it goes well at the vet's office.

cloverfdx
11-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Aww Congratulations. I hope all goes well at the Vets and Spook is given the all clear. In time she will surely warm up to you all, poor little kitten.

Barbara
11-28-2004, 10:50 AM
Five months is early to be in heat. But Tigris' mom went into heat with 6 months and was pregnant before anybody noticed:eek: This is how Tigris was started;)