PDA

View Full Version : Lucky and Louie's lastest update!!!!!! Prayer's needed.

Dusty's People
11-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Lucky and Louie will Board there Flight tomorrow around noon. The will be going to see their Garidian Angel (Leslie). For the first time they will meet Leslie tomorrow for the first time :D . It saddens :( us that we will not be able to pet them anymore but at the same time we are joyed :) that they will get Furever homes that they derserve. So if you will say another little prayer that they get there safely. Our thoughts and Prayer are with everyone in PT to have a Safe and Happy Holidays. God Bless You ALL. http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63345&highlight=Lucky+and+Louie This is the last post I remember seeing posted on the boys.

Karen
11-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Whooooo hooo! Welcome to Massachusetts Louie and Lucky!!!! Take lotsa pictures, okay?

kimlovescats
11-26-2004, 10:51 PM
Have a safe trip sweet little boys!!!:D

jenluckenbach
11-27-2004, 04:26 AM
Have a wonderful flight boys. :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2004, 04:36 AM
Safe trip to you, Lucky and Louie!!

slick
11-27-2004, 07:43 AM
Such a sad and happy occasion. Prayers on the way sweeties. Be sure to ask the flight attendants for some catnip tea. :) Welcome to your new furrever home.

catmandu
11-27-2004, 08:25 AM
The Pet Talker Angels,will accompany Luckie,and Louie,on thier flight,so they are not lonely,and we are praying,that they reach,thier Furr ever Homes,all right.

MULTICATMOM
11-27-2004, 08:31 AM
FLYING KITTYS...WOULDN'T THAT BE A SIGHT???

I'M SURE THEY'LL LOVE MA!! & SOME SNOW TIME!!:D
MY 4 GIRL CATS & 3 BOY KITTYS & I WISH THEM A SAFE TRIP!!

Dusty's People
11-27-2004, 02:48 PM
I dropped the Boys at the airport at 10:20am in New Orleans, La and they have one stop between here and there and thats in Atlanta, Ga. They should be high in the sky right now Almost in Atlanta if not there yet.

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Have a safe journey, little ones. Its almost time to meet you're new meowmie. :)

rg_girlca
11-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Have a safe trip Lucky and Louie.

Can't wait to hear how everything went.

QueenScoopalot
11-27-2004, 07:18 PM
The boys landed safely, and are now enroute to Leslie's house for the meantime. We'll have to take some pictures when they're settled in a bit. I took a pic of them in the carriers at the airport, but they looked a bit pooped from the long flight. What a handsome and outgoing pair of sweeties! :) :)

catcrazylady
11-27-2004, 07:54 PM
OH WOW! This is such great news! They have landed safe and sound!:D :D :D
I can't wait for pictures and posts from their new meowmie!! This is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!:D :D :D

Dusty's People
11-27-2004, 09:27 PM
I am so glad to hear they have arrived. I have had them on my mind since I dropped them off this morning. It wasn't as easy as I thought it was gonna be. It took me 30min. to leave the air port when I dropped them off, and the first thing I told the wife when I ruturned home was it was harder than I thought. I had a slight attachment to the boys and didn't realize it. I talked to both of them all the way to the air port. But finally they will find someone to give them a FURever home. Thanks again to all PT'ers for your help, support and most of all YOUR PRAYERS. Thank you all.

catnapper
11-27-2004, 11:13 PM
Good luck you two handsome boys! I know you'll find the best forever homes!

Cinder & Smoke
11-28-2004, 11:04 PM
:confused:

It's been over 30 hours since Lucky & Louie landed in Boston...

Does anyone know where they are, and how they're doing?

/s/ Phred

QueenScoopalot
11-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

It's been over 30 hours since Lucky & Louie landed in Boston...

Does anyone know where they are, and how they're doing?

/s/ Phred
.. Phred, the boys are at Leslie's house getting into plenty of mischief. :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
11-29-2004, 08:37 AM
I was going to add these two pics into the previous post, but AOL is being horrid this AM, so I'll put them here. (I couldn't edit prior post)..:rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/LuckysLoganLanding.jpg
Handsome and inquisitive Lucky checking out the airport room.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/LouiesLoganLanding.jpg
Louie just wanted to take a long nap. ;)

Leslie and I are going to attempt printing up all the threads about Lucky and Louie's long ordeal, and send them off to Petsmart soon. Whoever adopts them will have to become PT members...and hopefully take both kitties as well. Once they get to Petsmart, they'll go fast I'm sure. Word has it the shelters very low on adoptables, and people are driving from other areas to search for the purrfect kitties. I have to say...the boys look perfect to me. I hope to get up to Leslie's and get more pics also. ;) :)

Cinder & Smoke
11-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot

... and send them off to Petsmart soon.

... Once they get to Petsmart,
they'll go fast I'm sure.

What Rescue or Shelter organization is handling their case? (Name)?

And do they have a Web Site?
There have been some good photos of da Boyz taken - some of the
better photos might help if posted by the Rescue / Shelter.

When are they scheduled to "Go Public" at PetsMart?

/s/ Phred

QueenScoopalot
11-29-2004, 11:36 AM
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/MA199.html
No set date for L&L to go yet, but the shelter has adopted out "only" about 500 so far this year...mostly street waifs from me. They have a waiting list of people wanting to adopt, and a shortage of adoptables right now. Don't worry, more pictures will be taken, but I really want to see these boys go together, and their new adopters to join PT...or else...no adoption LOL! If only Leslie had a digital camera, and the knowhow to use it.

leslie
11-29-2004, 09:16 PM
As I type this am having a hard time cuz Louie is in my lap for love! He is purring and wanting non- stop pets! Lucky, on the other hand is spitting at everyone, letting them know they MAY NOT SMELL HIS BEHIND!!
Lucky does get in my lap and purr in the bathroom though! (Where they must stay unless I am supervising visits!)
This morning I opened the bathroom door to find that I had interupted a party! A toilet paper party!!! Wheeeeee!!!!! TP all over everywhere!! And the only answer I got from either boys was, "fuuud now?" They love Kirkland food and they love to play!!
I need to get the luek and fiv test results from the vet who treated Lucky so that there is no extra tests done. That is all that is missing. Louie will be tested as it is mandatory. They hopefully will go up for adoption by the weekend. I am nervous about people making hasty decisions during the holidays so am asking them to page me when a potential adoption is going to happen so that Jan or I can be a part of the decision. I think they do not really need to be together absolutely as they seem to be very independent young boys!
Catnapper! when are you posting your wonderful drawing dear!? Kevlin and Rhonda say it was perfect and beautiful!!!!

rg_girlca
11-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Oh, i'm glad to hear that they are finally with you Leslie.
Showing a little bit of their nawteeness are they. :D They just couldn't resist the toilet paper roll, could they. LOL.
Sweet little nawtee boys.

I hope and pray that all works out well for these precious boys.

Give them hugs and kisses for me please.:D

leslie
12-05-2004, 02:43 AM
thanks everyone for hanging in there! Lucky and Louie went to Petsmart today for adoption (I am sad). They loved all the attention and the manager of the store even came in to see what all the big deal was about! Kitties from Louisianna!!! They had their pic taken with Santa who came in the back room to see what all the big deal was about!!! Jan has the photos and will post them as soon as she can. I can't sleep. I was up early this am with worries and tension about the boys leaving my bathroom! My Pixie (who was determined to be in charge of them) has been anxious all evening! They are so adorable and loving in any new situation, we hope they will go together to their new home here in the northeast!

leslie
12-05-2004, 02:53 AM
Regarding Phred's questions above- I don't know the answers! Peabody shelter is no longer city run and is now run by a board of trustees- believe me, I was asking everyone today who is who and all! there is no profit made by adopting out the cats. And follow up calls are made to ensure safe and secure adoptions. Petsmart gets no profit from the adoptions, they give up the many rooms because it brings in sales for them when an adoption is made (person wants to buy food, toys etc). That is the only profit they make. There is the front room where the cats are within vision of customers, then the back rooms where it is like a clean shelter, AND a room for friendly cats like a house living room! Lucky and Louie would have loved that but they have to be in a large cage together for a bit before they can graduate to the living room (to ensure safety for all the cats). I hated leaving them but we were there for nearly 2 hours while everyone came to ask about them and while 2 volunteers made a box to ship the carriers back to Kevlin and Rhonda (Laura needs them when she gets home from her Missippi job next week! Wheee). Carriers were shipped back to Kevlin and all is well in the near- end!!!!

Dusty's People
12-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Got the much awaited call and check in from mom this morning. She called and was disappointed that she was not able to see the boys off. I had told her that all was good and she was amazed and the little time it took for this all to take place. She should be home Wenesday sometime so start looking for her to post Thursday. Sorry I have not responded any sooner but have had no time for the computer as the wifes step-Sister has been in ICU since Tuesday morning. Now that they have her in a normal room maybe I can start keeping up with the post. thank you all for everything. God Bless you all and have a great Holiday Season. Kev and Rhonda