PDA

View Full Version : Argh...fleas?

DogLover9501
11-26-2004, 03:03 PM
I really don't understand this, but I think Emma STILL has fleas!

Before we got her, the shelter said she was treated with Capstar, and then a few days after we got her she went to the vet and they treated her with Advantage.

Last night I was brushing her and then I seen a flea(I think--it moved SO fast) on my leg :eek:, and Emma also scratches ALOT

I don't know why she would still have them :confused:

christa
11-26-2004, 04:17 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought Advantage lasted in a cat's system for a few months?

Hmm . . . not sure. Once we treated our cats with Advantage, those fleas were GONE . . . no scratching or anything!

sirrahbed
11-26-2004, 05:15 PM
hmmm...Capstar and Advantage - yes I would think that would have taken care of the fleas. Do you use Advantage on the other animals? If not, maybe some of the still alive fleas could have left Emma and have been living on them? You can also bring fleas in from the outside on your shoes and clothing. I would give everyone a dose of Advantage at the same time. That should take care of it. Then flea season should be over for awhile!!!

DogLover9501
11-27-2004, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
hmmm...Capstar and Advantage - yes I would think that would have taken care of the fleas. Do you use Advantage on the other animals? If not, maybe some of the still alive fleas could have left Emma and have been living on them? You can also bring fleas in from the outside on your shoes and clothing. I would give everyone a dose of Advantage at the same time. That should take care of it. Then flea season should be over for awhile!!!

There is our problem! Tigger is alergic to it and goes crazy if we put it on him, we haven't seen any fleas on him and he doesn't scratch, but he does be outside. Tigger will be getting the 6 month Advantage shot after Christmas, and the dogs take Sentinel(sp) every month for fleas and worms, and hopefully when Emma is treated again and so are the rest, she'll stop scratching!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2004, 04:39 AM
Cannot you ask your vet for another type of treatment? Better not wait to long, because one moment you have 2 fleas, few hours later, there is a whole army!!

catmandu
11-27-2004, 08:39 AM
I would try An Ova Collar,that always does,it for the Found Cats!

MULTICATMOM
11-27-2004, 05:55 PM
THEY'RE PESKY LITTLE BUGGERS!! I HOPE ALL'S WELL!! I FORGET WHERE I LEARNED (IT WAS THE 80'S) THAT FLEAS HATE BANNANA PEELS:eek: :eek: I REALIZE IT SOUNDS STRANGE....BUT IT WORKS!!
I'VE ALWAYS BEEN INTO HOMEOPATHY SINCE MY FIRST CHILD IN 85. WE HAD MOVED TO A RENTAL...LONG STORY SHORT....BANNANA PEELS UNDER EVERYTHING. NO TOXINS AND NO MORE FLEAS! :D

catcrazylady
11-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Don't you just hate fleas? I agree with Debbie (sirrahbed) and would treat everyone again. If you don't do them all then they will just trade them back and forth. For me the only thing I have found that works for us is Advantage. Good Luck!