PDA

View Full Version : Did you go shopping this morning?

petslover
11-26-2004, 02:22 PM
How many of you went on a shopping spree today? It is the biggest sales day every year. I, myself, would never get out in all the traffic.

chocolatepuppy
11-26-2004, 02:27 PM
No way, cleaning my house, spending time with the furkids, and did some shopping from home instead of fighting the crowds. ;)

christa
11-26-2004, 02:28 PM
I went out, but not early enough.

Everything I went for was SOLD OUT!

Guess 9:00 a.m. isn't early enough on Black Friday.

Even at 9 the stores were CRAZY!!! People are nuts . . . and very rude!

Guess that's the holiday spirit, LOL!

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-26-2004, 02:31 PM
I didn't go shopping, but my parents did...out at 7, and back at 1. I can't stand to go shopping the day after Thanksgiving...let alone any day of the year!(ha) :rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
11-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Nope, I had Thanksgiving dinner here yesterday, so I was tired from that, and there would be way too many people out in the crowds, with way too many germs to be spread...and I didn't want my 3 year old son exposed to that...a couple years ago, he caught this horrible stomach bug, and I swear it was from shopping from store to store one day...so the more people, the more germs to spread...silly reason, but i can always shop tomorrow
;)

kimlovescats
11-26-2004, 03:13 PM
My hubby looks forward to this day more than any other (than Christmas itself) all year! He is like a kid in the candy shop ... he gets all of his sale flyers out and maps out his plan of attack. He was up at 1:00 am...... eating turkey and getting ready to head out! LOL! He is so silly, and I just sleep in and wait for his return. He always does really well though and saves lots of money! I am just not a crowd type person though..... no way for me!:rolleyes:

Cincy'sMom
11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I ran out quick to get a cheap DVD player. The line for the $17.88 one at Best Buy was too long, so I spent $19.99 at Media Play instead!

cookieluver7
11-26-2004, 04:56 PM
Nope;)! I was invited by my aunt and when she said shopping I jumped at the idea. (I love to shop!) Then she said that she would pick me up at 4:30 IN THE MORNING!!!! I said heck no I need my beauty sleep. lol!:D I would have if I didn't have to get up so early!

tomkatzid
11-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Nope.
It's 3:18pm and I'm not even dressed !!!;)
Katz

carole
11-26-2004, 05:59 PM
The sales seem to be on all year round these days, so any day is a good shopping day here, I used to have a tradition of going out on Boxing day, our public holiday after xmas day, but I seemed to have lost my Zest for shopping these days, I guess I have become a reformed Shopaholic these days.:(

Toby's my baby
11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Nope, we didn't go shopping. I stayed home and put up Christmas decorations :o, I hate doing that! :p

I am planning on going shopping tomorrow though...

teenster3
11-26-2004, 06:20 PM
No shopping for me, I had to work!
I wouldn't have wanted to got his morning anyways. When I ran into Wal-Mart at 3:00p.m. the parking lot was absolutely packed. It was full of people with attitudes running around like they've never been let out before!:p
TiNa

RubyMutt
11-26-2004, 06:33 PM
Yes :p
I've never done it before and since I had the day off work I decided to try it.
I woke up at 5am, got to our first stop around 6am, got back home around noon. It was slightly exhausting, crowds were a little intense at times, but I did find some great sale items and got a couple free gifts :D
Will I do it again? I don't know...

KYS
11-26-2004, 07:32 PM
My Aunt, sister and I went to the mall around
8:30 a.m. since we were seeing a movie their.
We went to ONE store only, and waited in line for an hour.
The good news, is that while everyone was shopping
we practically had the whole theater to ourselves.

dukedogsmom
11-26-2004, 07:36 PM
I did and had a lot of fun! Left by 7am and was back by about 11. It was just starting to get really crowded and I was already headed home. I think I'll do it next year if I'm off. Got some good deals, too.

Tina
11-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Nope! The only shopping I done was for groceries.:p

lisalee
11-26-2004, 08:15 PM
No, I have no desire to go on the day after Thanksgiving. I did it one year and didn't enjoy it too much.

NoahsMommy
11-26-2004, 09:08 PM
Ick, no way! I hate the crowds during holiday shopping.

You all can have my parking spot. ;)

anna_66
11-26-2004, 09:10 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to shop today:p

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-27-2004, 04:52 AM
It is saturday morning here. My hubby is doing the shopping, as I feel to weak to do it... . It's muy legs again :(

Lillycat
11-27-2004, 11:20 AM
cataholic and i went friday ayem......early......it was great......we left around noonish......no problems.....this morning i was at the door at target w/8 others when they opened.....no problems at that time either.....i left 9-ish and it still was pretty empty!