PDA

View Full Version : Another One Is Saved.. Story & Picture

RottiMommy49
11-26-2004, 10:59 AM
http://ibelieveinangels.mypicgallery.com/rottiangels/lucylu_large.jpg

Meet LucyLu a little Rotti girl I rescued a while back and took her to a foster home about 4 hours from where we live. Her foster parents have taken many dogs in need into their care over the years and kept them until a forever home could be found. Well this story turned out different from the rest. They were called saying there were people who wanted to adopt her, there was silence for a bit and the foster Mom said to her hubby that ( someone wants LucyLu what are we going to do ) well the answer was....we are keeping her. She just won their hearts and got along so well with the male rotti they have that they couldn't let her go. I was extatic because the conditions this little girl had lived in and her health and the pure filthy condition she was in when I got her was so disgusting, I had to bathe her 4 times to get all the dirt off her the night before we drove her to the foster home. We couldn't even have her loose in the house as we were affraid of what she might pass on to our babies. She is living a wonderfull, happy, loving life now.:D This news is just awesome for me. What a Christmas present. :) :) :)
I just had to share this with everyone. I'm about to burst with happiness. This is 2 within a week or so that had a happy ending.
Sad story is there are 2 dogs that need rescuing and I'm out of foster homes but hopefully something good will happen.
Thanks for being here for me to share with.

Deb, Monty and Kiki:D

RobiLee
11-26-2004, 11:05 AM
Wonderful, wonderful news!!! I am so happy for LucyLu. What wonderful work you and all your friends do. Best wishes for the 2 dogs that need help.

Give a hug to Monty and Kiki for me please!

Robin :)

LorraineO
11-26-2004, 11:12 AM
FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Are you able to ship the fosters if a home became available in Canada?? (hint)

RottiMommy49
11-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Are you able to ship the fosters if a home became available in Canada??

I'm sure with some phone calls and help from all the people involved in rescue we could likely get the dog or dogs transported. it would take some emails, phone calls and a lot of begging but might just get lucky. The one dog is going to starve to death before long. Both dogs are tied up with tow chains, have no shelter and nobody lives in the building. They rent it for scrap. Just makes me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you have in mind? I don't know yet what shape these 2 are in other than skinny and neglected. My hubby is who told me about them. I have to make a trip out there to see them without being seen.:eek: That's the part I hate.I'm hopefully going to see them this weekend with some food, water and treats. I will let you know a lot more then, and in the meantime I will see what can be done so far as transporting one or both if you have a foster home available.:D

Thanks Lorraine will keep you posted by PM or email.
Big hugs
Deb

LorraineO
11-26-2004, 01:43 PM
Welllllllllll.. I was kinda thinking about us! and it wouldnt be foster,, it would be to keep.......

kimlovescats
11-26-2004, 03:06 PM
How wonderful for LuckyLu ... she is just beautiful!!!:D

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-26-2004, 07:07 PM
She is GORGEOUS Congratulations to LucyLu:D I love hearing stories about dogs finding wonderful homes!

anna_66
11-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Ohhhhh I see why they just couldn't let her go! She is a gorgeous girl:D Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!

And I do hope you can help out the other two...so sad:(

bckrazy
11-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Lucy is so beautiful!! She has the most gorgeous face.. I don't blame them for keeping her. youre so awesome for giving her the chance to find such a great home, Deb! :)