PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a forced break

K9soul
11-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I wanted to write a note here so I didn't seem to have faded off without a word. I've already been a bit scarce posting partly due to being extremely busy with work and family goings on. The past week I've started having trouble with my left shoulder/arm/wrist again. I had some problems about a year ago and went to physical therapy for it, and it eventually faded off. My shoulder/arm started aching again, especially when I sit at the computer and type, and has gotten to the point where I have jolts of pins and needles and numbness in my shoulder/elbow/wrist and hand. I'm not even sure at this point if or how I will manage work, which is a typing job (transcription).

I'll be keeping my typing/computer time to a minimum as I work on doing the things I did before to improve it. It just worries me because it seems worse this time, I had the same sort of pain before but this time I'm having much more numbness and tingling with it.

Anyway, I'll be checking in, but probably not responding/saying much until I'm feeling a bit better. I just want to do whatever it takes to get this better so that my work, and thus my income, isn't affected.

slick
11-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Ouch, sounds painful. Please take care and check in when you can.

{{{HUGS}}}

cloverfdx
11-26-2004, 10:32 AM
I hope you are feeling better soon Jessica {{Hugs}}.

popcornbird
11-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Oh Jessica. :( {{{hugs}}} I hope you feel better soon. I miss hearing from you so much.

chocolatepuppy
11-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Sorry to hear this. Will be thinking of you. Hope you're better soon!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Take care of yourself, Jessica. Your health is more important than anything!! {{{{{Good luck}}}}}

K9soul
11-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the well wishes all.. I just had to tell work I can't do anymore for today and the weekend at least. They weren't happya bout it but there's nothign I can do. I tried to work and my middle finger went completely numb. :(

cookieluver7
11-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Oh, I'm sorry you are in pain. Please get well so you can post more (or atleast so you are out of pain). {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
11-26-2004, 06:04 PM
take care of yourself Jess. Check in when you can.... {{hugs}}

GoldenRetrLuver
11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Aw, Jess, I'm sorry you're in such pain. :( I've missed seeing your posts around here. I hope you feel better soon. Daisy misses seeing her Tommy boy (as do I). :)

Take care. Check in when you can. {hugs}

dukedogsmom
11-26-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having such pain. I know we're good medication, too. So, even though you can't respond, come here and look once in a while and maybe that will make you feel a little better. If you're not doing the Christmas cards, please pm me your name/address because I want to send you one, ok? Hug those beautiful dogs and feel better soon!

Holly's mom
11-26-2004, 06:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this.:( :( I will certainly miss your posts, I always love hearing about your precious pups and seeing pictures of them. I hope you are better soon, not only so you can post on here often, but also that your job won't be affected. (((Hugs)))

Karen
11-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Have you been to the doc? Is it carpal tunnel syndrome or nerve damage? there might be wrist-braces you could get if it's carpal tunnels ...

dukedogsmom
11-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Here's a pic to cheer you up. Here is Doogie, Duke's new best friend. I took this a couple of nights ago. He has made us all very happy. I love the way Duke's eyes are looking to the side at Doogie.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/112404_1.jpg

KYS
11-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Sounds like carpel tunnel or ulnar?
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hopefully the therapy will help again.

micki76
11-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Well, that sounds a bit scary. :( Maybe you should see a Dr again?

Take care of yourself and I hope to see you back on PT and posting again soon. :)

K9soul
11-27-2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by KYS
Sounds like carpel tunnel or ulnar?
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hopefully the therapy will help again.

Karen, a year ago the doctor said he felt it was ulnar neuropathy, it feels pretty similar but maybe a bit more involving of my wrist/fingers, so I'm hoping that carpal tunnel isn't involved this time too.

I'm very touched by the concern here. This morning it feels a bit more subdued , but then it did yesterday morning too until I had typed a few pages. So I'm just going to take it easy, do the stretches that I did before, ice it, etc. David is still unemployed and we don't have medical insurance yet so I'm hoping it'll be something I can get under control without going in. He does have a possible job prospect, we'll hopefully find out early next week.

Val, you certainly did cheer me up with that pic and your warm words. I'll PM you :)

tatsxxx11
11-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Oh Jess! I'm so sorry to hear you're having problems with your arm/hand:( And you know how much we'll miss hearing from you and seeing pics of the pups and Dawn, if only for a while. But you have to take care of yourself! Hopefully it will resolve without further medical intervention, but if you need to, please have it checked out. Paws crossed that David's job opportunity comes through in case you do need to! You rest up freind and know that we're thinking of you and the family and sending you our love and keeping you in our prayers! Hugs and slurpies, Sandra, Cody and Star

guineapiglover4life
11-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh Jess, I hope your okay! :( Please keep us updated on how you are doing. I hope your arm/shoulder/wrist gets better soon!

Love,

Lexie