PDA

View Full Version : Stash is in SO much trouble!!!

kt_luvs_kitties
11-25-2004, 08:57 AM
So I stayed up until 5:30 cooking, finally I get a few hours of sleep. Ahhh 8:15, sound asleep... WAIT NO IM NOT! Im getting peed on:rolleyes: I awake to a funny wet spot coming down my stomach and hand. I opened my eyes to see Stash peeing on my blanket, which I am underneath:mad: :mad: :mad:
I whipped his lil behind, and he knew he did wrong, because as soon as I opened my eyes he noticed and made a mad dash UNDER the couch. Little did he know that momma was so angry, she moved the couch and pulled him out. A few smacks later *dont worry I didnt pop him hard, just wanted to let him know he did bad* He is now, peeking from underneath the couch. He is so so so so gonna be in "the dog house" tonight. NO TURKEY!!! And NO HAM!!! BAD CAT!!! I just dont know what possessed him to do that. He did that when he was younger *never with me IN the bed at the time* But I got him fixed at 6 months old, and he had NEVER done it since. *shakes head* What a way to start off the day. Just wanted to rant, thank you all for listening to it;)

kimlovescats
11-25-2004, 09:06 AM
Oops ... nawtee boy, Stash!!! Hmmm, not sure what to tell ya about that! :confused:

emily_the_spoiled
11-25-2004, 02:56 PM
You might want to keep an eye on him. The only time Emily pee'd on the blankets (with me under them), she turned out to have a serious UTI...

Jods
11-26-2004, 07:09 AM
I don't know for sure, but I heard a lot of people on here saying if a male cat pees somewhere out of the litter and they normally never do they are likely to have a urinary tract infection. So you may wanna get him checked out like emily-the-spoiled said. If he doesn't then hope he doesn't keep doing it. :(

catcrazylady
11-26-2004, 07:42 AM
Oh boy do I understand how you feel!!! Part of the rebellion from the crew when we brought Magoo home was the peeing in the bed deal. That was all bad enough until one night I got the same treatment you got!! It's pretty disgusting to wake up to that!:eek: I knew why mine were doing it but I don't know what triggered Stash. Maybe he didn't like the fact that you messed up the routine by staying up. You know how they like routine! He is obviously upset about something if he doesn't have a UTI. All I can say is good luck! Mine stopped after they adjusted to Magoo but if Stash continues then I would get him vet checked before you start trying to figure out the behaviour issues. Hopefully it was an isolated incident!
What a way to start the day, huh?;) :D

catmandu
11-26-2004, 08:28 AM
I would be concerned,with the possibility,of a bladder infection,too,as a Clean Cat ,like Stash,is not suddenly,going to change his ways,out of spite!A Trip,to the White Coats,might be in order,if he is doing this,on a regular basis.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-26-2004, 09:46 AM
I hope that Stash doesn't have an UTI...
Or maybe, maybe he wanted mommy to get up and feed him????;) ;)

NoahsMommy
11-26-2004, 10:32 AM
If he peed under the couch too, I'd be concerned about a UTI as well.

Phoebe peed on our bed, on David, right after her spay. Some part inside her was inflammed and pressed on her bladder, so when she had to go, she HAD to go. :( David was so mad, but realized it was a health issue, so he got over it. ;)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I have been so busy lately since the day before Thanksgiving, the in laws are in town, and my husband is going over the road (truck driving) for his first time on Monday, so I have been trying to give him all the attention I can.
But on to your stories, I sure hope he doesnt have anything wrong with him. When he had diarrhea a few weeks ago, they also tested him for a UTI, and he did not have anything wrong with him. They said his bladder was fine (they checked him just to be sure that it wasnt a worse infection and just something he probably ate) But now after hearing this, I am worried I might have to take him back. The vet doesnt open back up until monday, and I am kinda broke with christmas coming up and with my husband leaving, it is going to be VERY TIGHT until he gets a paycheck:( And a emergency visit is very costly....
He did pee again, this time in my hubbys bedroom slippers (lol, and he laughed at me, payback is a %&*(&!) But I just dont know what to do. Does anyone know of any other symptoms of a UTI? Can they get once in just 2 weeks? Even if he was on penicillian?
He still uses the catbox... and he does go 1 and 2. So I am really confused. When my RB JezzaBelle had one, she peed blood, so we took her to the vet, and they gave her penicillian to clear it up.And she just would avoid the litterpan altogether.
Also, I just stopped buying the other litter they have been using for awhile now, the cheap Walmart brand (the multi cat strength kind) and started using Tidy Cat multicat formula. Is it possible that he just doesnt like the change>? I am so confused:rolleyes: Any other advice? Thank you all for the help:)

Cinder & Smoke
11-27-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by kt_luvs_kitties

Also, I just stopped buying the other litter they have been using for awhile now, the cheap Walmart brand (the multi cat strength kind) and started using Tidy Cat multicat formula.
Is it possible that he just doesnt like the change>?

YUP!

The Litter Change just may be part of the problem.
Switch him back to what he's been used to.

UTI / Urinary BLOCKAGE in a male cat is a serious problem -
IF that's what is actually wrong.

When Boots, da Kat, developed his first of several
Urinary Blockages - he began to eliminate (pee only) near
but not IN the litter box.

Rather than "punish" him - he got put in jail =
Locked in the Bathroom - WITH his litterbox.

This solves two problems:
1) Confines the :eek: *mess* to a small area and
2) Allows you to closely observe his ability to eliminate.

"Lock him up" with his own private litter box - and keep it
clean & dry - so you can frequently check for "wet spots" and
see if he IS eliminating normally.

It's not an Ungent Emergency *UNLESS* he is either *straining* to urinate
-or- doesn't urinate for many hours.

Also monitor his water *INtake* - cats with urinary problems
often *stop drinking* - another Emergency condition.

I was lucky - after spending an hour or two IN the bathroom with Boots
(what a Phunn Place to "mingle wiffa Kat" :rolleyes: )
I was able to observe him get into the box and/or "assume the position"
and TRY to *pee* - with :( NOTHING being produced.
And he'd *MeeOOOOw* quite pitifully while trying! :(

A call to the Vet and my reporting "he's TRYING to *pee* but not
producing anything" got me the warning to
"Get him IN Here - RIGHT NOW!"

You need to monitor this problem very closely to see if he's
actually having a PROBLEM eliminating -
or just has a case of BAD Attitude!

/s/ Phred