PDA

View Full Version : do you like your job?

tikeyas_mom
11-25-2004, 12:48 AM
i was just wondering if you all like your jobs, because i really tend to dislike mine alot fo the times. i love being around the animals and giving out animal advice, but my boss's and some customers are real jerks ...

Opinions??

What do you do as a job, and do you like it?

tomkatzid
11-25-2004, 02:10 AM
Hate mine, been there 23.5 years.
Katz:(

BCBlondie
11-25-2004, 02:52 AM
I love mine!

I mean, I hate having to get ready to go to work because I'd rather sit at home.. and I hate how tired I am afterwards (especially when it's the day before Thanksgiving!! >.< ), but when I'm actually at work, it's not so bad. :) I love my co-workers, and my two bosses are really nice. :D

I work for a bakery. :)

Cookiebaker
11-25-2004, 05:27 AM
I work in a small office and I *LOVE* my job!! My job is very diverse (not very repititious); I love working with my customers; I am appreciated by my boss; I get along with most of my co-workers very well; And I love what I do! I am very blessed. :D

Palomino21
11-25-2004, 05:36 AM
I love my job too. I work from home in web development. I get to stay home in my pajamas if I want. Anys just recently quit my job as a teacher in a day care center. I liked that job since I worked with 1 year olds. Six toddlers to a class. Toddlers are so fun to work with but the job was very stressful because it can get really chaotic during cranky nap times, but more stressful when the co workers (all women) get into fights, and moods swings. Some times they act worse than the children do. Whew! I still visit but am so glad to work from home.

Annie

chocolatepuppy
11-25-2004, 05:38 AM
My job is ok, I work in a factory. It's fast paced and some days you work your butt off and can get lots of aches and pains picking up heavy boxes or from too much repetition. But I get decent pay, good benefits, I like most of the people I work with, and I'm close enough to home that I can come home and check on my babies at lunchtime! :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2004, 05:57 AM
I am not working anymore. But I used to teach in elementary schools. I LOVED that job, because I love to work with kids!!

neko1
11-25-2004, 07:28 AM
I work in a small office and I love my job! I am the office manager and I've been with the doctor almost the entire time he's been open. He's a great guy and treats us well. I've also made a new friend in my assistant Monique..our days are always filled with laughter (I've never laughed so much before at work) It's a great place to work, our patients are wonderful (they even get us christmas presents). Everyone is super-nice. I've grown a lot as a person from the time I've been there, it's really been enlightening. I'm so exicted to keep growing with the company.:)

Tonya
11-25-2004, 09:16 AM
I work for Southwestern Bell Communications as a construction splicer. I love the job itself. I go in an office in the morning, pick up the blueprints for whatever I'm doing, and then off I go. I work all day long outdoors by myself. I'm always working in a different place doing a different thing. If I feel good, I can work extra hard, if I feel crappy, I can sit in the truck and read all day. No one cares as long as the job is finished by the due date. I meet animals almost everyday. I've worked in the middle of horse pastures with horses rubbing up on me all day, in fields where coyotes are running around playing, and in the ghetto where people are throwing stuff at eachother. lol. Regardless, there's always something interesting to observe.

But I HATE the people that I work with. I'm the only female there and they've given me nothing but hell since I've worked there. They do all that they can do to make my life miserable.

KYS
11-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I like my job! Most of the people are very nice. :)
What I don't like is constantly getting stressed dealing
with all the last minute stuff caused
by my co-workers, or attorney's etc. etc. :mad:

slleipnir
11-25-2004, 10:13 AM
Mines ok. It's hard work, but the customers can be really fun. I work at a bar. The people I work with are nice and my boss is my mom. I'm not working -a lot- right now but money is money lol.

Miranda_Rae
11-25-2004, 10:29 AM
Some times. It depends on what I am doing and what mood I am in, what the weather is like, etc. See I only work in the summer so my job is painting, mowing, stuff like that. If its REALLY hot and I am all by myself painting then its not the greatest fun in the world, but at least its money and the hours are flexible (I work with my dad;)). I do like the mowing because I feel like I am exercising and losing weight. :p

jenfer
11-25-2004, 10:49 AM
on a scale from 1-10 (10 meaning you love it), i will give my job a 2.5.

Corinna
11-25-2004, 11:09 AM
I love both of my jobs . I am the superviser for the gift shop in West Glacier April-Sept. The winter I work at building my home computer bussiness soon I will be home all the time. One more summer in Glacier. I enjoy the different tourists I meet. Most years we have a lot of new emplyees (snowbirds and work campers) each year is different.

cocker_luva
11-25-2004, 11:44 AM
i LOVE my job; i work at a doggie salon called Woof Wash. There you can come in and bathe your dog yourself or we can professionally bathe and/or groom it to your liking!!! i love it there i work the front desk and help manage the Self Serve stations. i have met some very popular breeds and some very exotic breeds.

we have some very nice regulars too. Like border collies, borzois, german shepherd, polish lowland sheepdog and goldens.

jenluckenbach
11-25-2004, 12:19 PM
I work as a pet groomer and I both like it and dislike it. I am good at what I do, so it is satisfying. I have good co-workes and boss (which makes all the difference, because when we had "slugs" for workers and a "SCROOGE" for a boss, I did NOT like it). But sometimes it is too noisy. And sometimes you get the pets that have no discipline at home and they don't know how to do the simplest of comands like SIT or STAY! And you get the pets that are neglected by their owners and they stink to high heaven. Or you get the pets that are not allowed to relieve themselves before entering the shop and they make mess after mess.
It is hard and it is tedious and the customers always pressure you to finish their pet FAST!! and sometimes that is simply not possible.

slick
11-25-2004, 12:37 PM
I LOVE my job! Been working for a charitable organization since 1986 and for the past 16 years I've been working in the IT Dept. The three of us in that department are responsible for the purchasing, deploying, and installation of all hardware and software throughout BC and the Yukon. We look after approx. 100 users. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something and all my training was "on-the-job" training. My boss is my best friend and we have shared many laughs and tears over the past 16 years. Sadly she will be retiring in about 3 years so I'm trying to prepare myself for that. It's going to be a tough time.

My co-workers have asked me the question if I want to move into her position as Manager and my answer is NO. Deal with budgets? Deal with the upper-crust and go to boring meetings? I think not. I work better as the engine and not the hood ornament.

wolfsoul
11-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Unfortunatly, I'm unemployed at the moment. I've been searching for some time, but I'll admit I haven't put much effort into it. I like staying at home and watching TV all day, but I like money even more. Hopefully I can get a job before Christmas. I'm buying a new digital camera on Boxing Day. :)

davidpizzica
11-25-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm a groundskeeper at a golf course. The work is hard, the boss can be crabby at times, but he's pretty fair too. The golf ourse I work at isn't like Caddyshack at all. All of the members treat the workers like regular people and I've known some of the older members for years. Some of them even sent get well cards when I had my knee replaced. Did anyone see Houseguest? The golfing scenes were filmed at Longue Vue Club where I work.

binka_nugget
11-25-2004, 07:40 PM
I just got hired so I haven't had any actual shifts yet but I can't wait to start! I work for SilverCity. It's a huge movie theatre in the mall. All the managers are really nice and the general manager is very understanding and friendly. I love working in busy places so it seems to be a great job for me.

manda_moo87
11-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
I just got hired so I haven't had any actual shifts yet but I can't wait to start! I work for SilverCity. It's a huge movie theatre in the mall. All the managers are really nice and the general manager is very understanding and friendly. I love working in busy places so it seems to be a great job for me.

I love SilverCity!! :D

I don't have a job at the moment. However I'm hoping to apply at a few local stores in the comings months.

sammy101
11-25-2004, 08:27 PM
i dont have a job,and i cant work b/c were not american citizens and my mom and i dont have a green card.But when i move back to canada,i hope to get a job that i enjoy.

Lilith Cherry
11-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I love my job too!!:D I teach English to Chinese undergraduates
and my students are wonderful!! Idealistic, imaginative, intelligent but above all fun and with a willingness to learn that is a joy to any teacher!! This is the best job I have ever had apart from being a stay-home mum when my kids were young! I get to be a judge at talent contests, debates etc and to go to some wonderful cultural events as a special guest.. it's worth the obligatory short speech to get to do these things!

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 11:18 AM
I like my job.....I cannot stand the moron who is the system administrator.

Example.

We so stats for a hospital operating room. The gal that works with me was trained by the previous sys admin.

On Wednesday I got a copy of an email from the BIG BOSS. Apparently, one doctor found out that there were some mistakes made on the way a procedure is coded.

The sys admin wrote the BIG BOSS BACK and named the gal that and the number of the the mistakes she made.

What a jerk. Instead of acknowledging the mistake and fixing it, he had to move the blame from his shoulders to hers.

:rolleyes:

EssTer
11-26-2004, 02:14 PM
well...I work in café.. and it´s fine.. thought sometimes i really hate it because of the some customers...they can be total jerks...sorry..

cookieluver7
11-26-2004, 05:05 PM
The only thing I do that you could possibly call a "job" is baby-sitting. I love it because I love little kids and being in charge. *hee hee!* ;)

anna_66
11-26-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm a waitress and overall I really like my job. It just all depends on what kind of customers I'm having that day if I like it or not:p

wolf_Q
11-26-2004, 11:33 PM
I work at a pet grooming salon. My job and I have a love/hate relationship. I love working with animals. It's not fun when the animals are trying to bite you, however and you have to struggle with them. I like the fact that there's many customers that personally request me because they like the way I groom. But there's so many really rude customers I have to deal with as well, which I HATE. I don't really like working on comission either. There's some days that I make a ton of money and others that I make practically nothing. When it's all added up it's not enough to live off of either.