PDA

View Full Version : Logan, Libby and Lilly Update (Piggies!)

Aspen and Misty
11-24-2004, 11:35 PM
The trio went to the vet today. They have some sort of skin problem. She is worried it might be ring worm. Which means they might have given it to my dog's, who came into contact with the cats, rabbits and rats who live in my bedroom :eek: . I am hopeing and praying that if they do in fact have it, that they were kind enough NOT to share or else this will turn into an epidemic ;)

Anyway, she said they most likly were not kept in sanitary conditions. She does think that the open wounds on there feet (they all have them on all 4) will heal soon and she thinks it is from living in there own yearn and feces for so long.

When the piggies came to me there coats were oily, they didn't play with toys to much and they weren't really talkers. In the week I have had them there coats are shiney and healthy (took a bath), they LOVE to play with toys and they talk ALL the time! They are active, healthy and are eating/drinking well.

Anyway, they are going to have another vet apointment on Monday to take a sample from them to see if they have Ringworm. Since they just got a bath she wanted to make sure that if they had anything it would show up. So, I'll give another update on Monday!

Ashley :)

luckies4me
11-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Yikes! I sure hope the other pets and you or your family do not catch it! :eek: I hate ring worm. I've had it once before as a child and it's terribly annoying. Keep us updated. I am glad you took them in. :)