PDA

View Full Version : I think Marigold really listens to music!

Cookiebaker
11-24-2004, 08:52 PM
And here's the reason why. This evening, Marigold was sleeping very soundly on a blanket on the living room floor. She was so cute curled up there! :)

Anyway, I was busy cooking in the kitchen and asked Mark to put some music on (in the living room). He put a CD on, and it played through just fine. He changed the CD, and by accident he hit the repeat button that made one single song repeat over and over. :rolleyes: By the time I realized it (it was Kenny Roger's Lady) it had probably played at least 10 times. I went to go stop it, and Marigold was sitting on the dining room table glaring at me. As soon as I changed the music, she went and curled up and fell asleep in the exact same spot as before.

Was it just a coincidence?? Somehow, I don't think so!! What are your thoughts??

Palomino21
11-25-2004, 05:14 AM
I think cats can understand what's going on, music, tv, and they all have their own style.

Annie

catcrazylady
11-25-2004, 05:19 AM
I think it's been way to darn long since we have seen her!!!;) :D
Now on to the music ~ I think she was sick of the same song playing over and over! I think they hear and see just like we do and we all know that they can get irritated!:rolleyes:

:D :D :D

lynnestankard
11-25-2004, 05:19 AM
See..................even cats are critics!!!! :D :D :D

Lynne

catmandu
11-25-2004, 08:58 AM
The Found Cats,are not crazy,about singing,but seem,to listen to jazz,and classical music! Its a shame,that your cat doesnt like your taste,in music.

kimlovescats
11-25-2004, 09:04 AM
LOL!!! How funny! I think she was saying "enough already, mom ... let's not wear it out!!!" :eek: :D

karyn674
11-26-2004, 08:50 AM
I think cats can understand what's going on, music, tv, and they all have their own style.

Mum always swiches on the TV to watch the news early in the morning, Pippa watches as well. One day she was quite buisy so after checking the weather report with Pippa lying on the sofa watching as well, she switched it off. Pippa rose on all fours and made a sound from the back of her throat (sounded like a sneeze sort of) and started pointing with her head at the TV. Sort of 'Switch it on!' To confirm her thoughts, she swiched on the TV again and Pippa made herself comfy again watching the TV!. When Off again followed she reacted the same way!

Now she became the one to watch cartoons daily:eek:

It is truly amazing, these fury friends are so full of surprises :D

sirrahbed
11-26-2004, 10:13 AM
I swear my kitties like Country music!! They stay in the room where it is playing and I never leave the house without leaving the radio tuned in to their station:rolleyes:
I have two-stepping kitties:D

NoahsMommy
11-26-2004, 10:23 AM
I think cats do appreciate music. They pay attention to other sounds, so I'd imagine music is somewhat soothing to them.

I play a lot of Classical Music and when I turn it on, my cats seem to relax.

Micah watches TV with us every night. :)

I agree...I haven't seen Marigold in a long time. Any pictures you can share?