PDA

View Full Version : Breed Legislation in Texas

wolfsoul
11-24-2004, 02:09 PM
Recent plans have been made so that next year, pit bulls and rottweilers will be banned in Texas, and current owners must undergo ownership training, obtain a permit, carry up to $300,000 liability insurance, and will face felony criminal charges if their dog bites someone. They haven't said whether or not it is going to happen for sure, but considering everything that's happened lately (Ontario's pit bull/bully breed ban), I don't doubt that it will. :( :(

All of this breed banning will just keep leading to more and more breeds until there are none left. :mad:

aly
11-24-2004, 02:18 PM
OMG :(

I really don't think it will happen here. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I hope not :( I swear, I will want to move.

micki76
11-24-2004, 02:25 PM
I haven't heard anything about this. :( Do you have any links, Jordan?

wolfsoul
11-24-2004, 02:28 PM
I found the site where the info came from:

"On Friday, state Rep. Al Edwards, D-Houston, announced he plans to draft a bill for next year's legislative session that would provide some type of protection against vicious dogs, pit bulls and Rottweilers in particular."
"Edwards wants to make it mandatory for owners of certain dog breeds to get ownership training, obtain a permit, carry up to $300,000 liability insurance and face felony criminal charges and stiff fines if their dog attacks someone. Edwards said specific language has not been determined but he plans to work on getting support for a bill during next session."

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/metropolitan/2910170

sammy101
11-24-2004, 03:23 PM
i hope that doesnt happen!:mad: We know a wonderful Rottweiler that we see on our walks everyday.I havent heard of a Rottweiler bite anyone for a long time:confused:
I hope it doesnt happen,i see ALOT of Rottweilers here and none of them are so called "vicious",obviously this man isnt a dog person:mad: