PDA

View Full Version : Ferret Owners!!!

Jods
11-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Today Ferris was sleeping on the ground of his cage. Should I be worrried Ferrets always sleep in their hammoks don't they?? Hes drinking eating and all that I just found it wierd that he was on the ground it sacred me... Do your ferrets ever sleep on the floor?

Tiah
11-24-2004, 09:15 AM
My ferrets sleep on the floor and the hammocks- where ever they please. I wouldn't worry! :)

lv4dogs
11-24-2004, 10:27 AM
My ferrets sleep wherever. They are certainly funny creatures.
The *usual* reason for them sleeping on the floor is *usually* if they are warm but not always.

How old is the fert?
How long have you had him?
Has he ALWAYS slept in a hammy?

If you have had the fert for quite a while & NEVER seen him sleep outside of a hammy I would keep a close eye on him, make sure he is eating & drinking good, poops look normal etc..

If you have any ?'s at all feel free to ask me, here, pm or email.

I currently have 5, maniac is in my sig.

Jods
11-24-2004, 12:00 PM
I have had him a bit longer then a year I would say... I think he was just being a wierdo I let him out for 2 hours and then when I put him back in his cage he went up to his hammock and now hes down eating. OH hes back up again now oh and now down LOL so I don't think hes hurt or anything... I thought maybe it was one of his legs... No he had never slept on the floor before... Maybe its time for a new hammock :rolleyes:
Thanks for the help!

Queen of Poop
11-25-2004, 09:47 AM
Maybe he was too warm in his hammock. My 2 will sometimes hit the floor if it's warm in the house and the want to cool off. Keep an eye for anything unusual but I'm sure he is fine.

Jods
11-25-2004, 08:34 PM
He;s fine I think it was too hot... I am getting him a new hammock though...