PDA

View Full Version : Whats that smell?

GraciesMommy
11-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Gracie has a funky smell this morning..she smells like MILDEW! We have had a lot of rain..but she had a bath yesterday. Smells like old wet towels! Anyone ever had this happen to your kid?

Jods
11-24-2004, 08:14 AM
hmmmm nope... Sounds like she may need another bath...

LorraineO
11-24-2004, 08:23 AM
Are her anal glands ok? Lucy has hers done every 2 to 3 months as they tend to get ,, clogged,, and STINK!!! wow!!!:( :eek:

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2004, 08:36 AM
maybe he/she was playing outside. My cats often have a "dirt" smell when they come back inside after a play-seesion in our garden ;) . A good cat-wash'n-groom and the problem is solved ;) :)

GraciesMommy
11-24-2004, 08:36 AM
She gets groomed regularly. This is coming from her face..

pitc9
11-24-2004, 09:46 AM
coming from her face... hummmm.. maybe she ate something icky!!

LorraineO
11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
from her face,,, is her breath ok? If its not,, it might be a dental or intestinal thing,, Talk to your vet

lv4dogs
11-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Check out her face carefully, it could be something with her breat or ears.

Or maybe she shoved her face into something that smelled?

I keep baby wipes on hand at all times for things like this, when they smell or are dirty in just a small area.

GraciesMommy
11-24-2004, 01:38 PM
I use puppy wipes too...keep them in her puppy bag (diaper bag)
She eats breath mints daily and I brush her teeth every day (puppymint)
I think my hubby dried her off with a mildewy towel last night..that has to be it..we have had rain for a week and there was a towel out there on the patio that we had been using..it must have gotten damp and mildewy..its not her breath or her..its an attached odor...lol..Bath took care of it..its gone now..

I also keep spray..Very Berry by Crazy Pet - for in between baths..
Thanks for all your help~

My Peanuts
11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
If she was a Pug I could tell you what that smell is ;) :D. No matter how much I clean Sylvia's wrinkles it still comes back :rolleyes: