PDA

View Full Version : Somebody's bleeding . . . *cry* (OFF TO THE VET!)

christa
11-24-2004, 06:47 AM
I could cry!

Found a blood drop beside the litter box this morning . . . Josie gave it away . . . there was a blood "scoot" in the middle of the room so I know it was her, since she is our infamous butt-scooter.

She's had problems with parasites in the past . . . blood in her feces.

But I've also read it can be due to stress & change, which there has been a lot lately . . . but she's seemed fine with it, except for the first week. She was pretty stressed that first week . . .

I guess she'll be going to the vet.

I'm taking Brodie on Friday anyway . . .

Just when I thought she was all well . . .

catnapper
11-24-2004, 06:53 AM
Good luck Josie! I hope you'll be just fine, its only a little stress from your new brother. Give him more time, you'll learn that he is w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l, and will help you be stress free (what with all that cuddling and grooming you can do with each other!)

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2004, 07:14 AM
Poor Josie... :( .
Christa, if I were you, I wouldn't wait till friday to go to the vet with Josie; maybe it is nothing serious, but better be sure!
Good luck! Let us know what happens, okay :)

GraciesMommy
11-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Better take her in before it gets any worse..she needs to be on meds if its a parasite or infection

Jods
11-24-2004, 07:45 AM
Oh no poor Josie... Let us know how she does at the vet! :(

sirrahbed
11-24-2004, 08:04 AM
oh Christa - sorry about this:( Maybe Brodie and Josie are sharing some bugs and good medicine will help. I am glad you already have that appointment set up! Take care.

catlover4ever
11-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Poor Josie. I hope she feel better soon.

Barbara
11-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Filou had that some day. It has been some parasites- unfortunately I forgot the name and we never figured out how he got them.

However it could get fixed easily with antibiotics and Tigris didn't get it- I hope it is the same for Josie:)

catmandu
11-24-2004, 08:24 AM
The Found Cats,are praying,that all is well,with Josie,and that the White coats,can makeher better again.

kimlovescats
11-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Try not to worry, but if you can ... let little Brody use a separate litter pan!;) A fecal exam and the right meds will take care of it!

Kim

christa
11-24-2004, 08:27 AM
Well, I'm off to the vet.

My vet is not in today . . . the vet techs are going to look at her.

So I'm off, with a baggy of poop in one hand and an angry Josie in a carrier in the other!

Wish us luck . . . that Josie doesn't claw their eyes out!

And PLEASE say a little prayer that it's nothing serious!