PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Teach a Dog to Jump Rope?

toiletduck
11-24-2004, 12:02 AM
I would like to teach my dog to jump rope. Has anybody taught their dog this trick? You and the dog jump together over the rope.

cloverfdx
11-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Hi Julie

A friend from dog club is teaching her little JRT this trick at the moment, they are still using two people to teach Polly the trick. If you are going to Rosebud on the weekend, Polly and her Mum will be there. I am sure they would not mind giving you some tips on how to teach this trick. I would love to teach it to Elvis, maybe when we have the time to.

Rhiannon, Clover and Elvie.

toiletduck
11-25-2004, 12:10 AM
Do you have an email address for your friend? Do you know what steps they are teaching? I am going to be at Rosebud mainly for the fun comps, but will be fitting in flyball around it when I can. Moses got his FDCh. They had lure coursing last year and my dogs love it.

Have you heard of the ScallyWags club in Ballarat? I know a lady their taught her visula this trick and I am trying to get in contact.

I can bring my skipping rope to Rosebud.

cloverfdx
11-25-2004, 04:18 AM
Yep i will email you Melissa's email addy. I think they started out teaching Polly to jump on the spot, once she got that they then moved onto one persong using the rope and the other getting her to jump on the spot.

Elvis and i did puppy preschool with Scally wags, it was great. The ladys name is Kim, i will email you her information aswell. Have fun on sunday, wish i was going now :(. See you guys on the 4th of decomeber, if you are coming to ballarat for our Flyball comp.

Also way to go Moses, my Clover got her AFCh at the Royal Melbourne i think.

Puppy_Love4
12-10-2004, 02:22 PM
would't that be soo cool to teach our furkid..