PDA

View Full Version : To the Thursdays crowd!

gini
11-23-2004, 10:26 PM
It looks as though the bar isn't open yet.........and I won't be here tomorrow or near a computer for the next few days.

So I opened up this thread to just wish each and every one of you a glorious day filled with lots of good food, friends and love.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING............have a DOTD on me!

slick
11-23-2004, 10:48 PM
XOXOXOXOXO
You'd better check in when you return.....I have your number and I know where you live....;)
{{{HUGS}}}

Thanksgiving Cocktail

1 1/2 oz Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey
1/2 oz Applejack Brandy
1 tsp Rose's Lime Juice
4 oz Cranberry Juice

Fill Collins glass one-half full of ice, add ingredients and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.

Thanksgiving Cocktail #2

1 oz Dry Vermouth
3/4 oz Gin
3/4 oz Apricot Brandy
1/2 tsp Creme de Cassis
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice

Pour the vermouth, gin, apricot brandy, creme de cassis and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve in a cocktail glass.

:D :D

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 04:39 AM
Have a wonderful day Gini, wherever you are! :D :D :D

slick
11-24-2004, 06:59 AM
http://new.sendingfun.com/funpages/view.cfm/6413

:D :D

lbaker
11-24-2004, 07:07 AM
Say Hey ya'll! Going out of town Gini? Have a safe and wonderful few days. Funky down Slick! And KKKaren... I'm meeting Emily-The-Spoiled (Cheryl) for lunch today and we will hoist a Thanksgiving toast to you. See you guys in a few minutes over at Thursday's (or is this the starter thread?? hmmmm :confused: )

robinh
11-24-2004, 07:48 AM
I'll be on the road tomorrow and Friday so I won't be checking in either.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving and ask that you enjoy your time with loved ones. I also ask that you say a prayer for those who are struggling this season. Hugs to all.

slick
11-24-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
or is this the starter thread?? hmmmm :confused: )
Might as well make this the starter thread. I don't think Gini has started one before....so let's make this one officially Thursday #82!

Unless Richard has other plans, that is.....

lbaker
11-24-2004, 09:28 AM
WOO HOO HOO, WE'RE 82 :D Funny, I don't feel that old :rolleyes: I'm sorta like Logan here Slick with the "brown liquor" yuk. So I'll skip the Wild Turkey but I think Gini left a lovely bottle of dry, white California wine for us to celebrate with. Maybe later we can share a glass of champagne with some fresh strawberries and pretend we're "Pretty Women".

davidpizzica
11-24-2004, 09:33 AM
Gini, have a good time and a safe thanksgiving!! A nd I'm speaking for Donna, too!

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Ooh, I'll join you in a nice white wine, since you're celebrating a holiday!

David, are you now Donna's official spokesperson?!

slick
11-24-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh Laurie, I just loved that movie so much I went out and bought it...but we must not forget the floss!:D I'd love to share a glass with you.

Hi KK, Hi David.

I'll make some more Bailey's if anyone is interested. Speaking of which....I really need to start gathering my ingredients. I always make Bailey's at Christmastime and give away as presents. Too bad it's not "shippable". ;) :(

lbaker
11-24-2004, 09:45 AM
I need that recipe again Slick. Wasn't it on a previous thread somewhere? Great idea for Christmas presents! By the way, Mario said he absolutely loooooves my sweet potato souffle with LOTS of marshmallows on top. So there. :p Here you go Karen, and look! I brought out the fancy glasses for the holiday!

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 09:47 AM
Ooh are we watching a movie again this week? Excellent!

Yes, I'd love to taste your Baileys, Slick. Are you sure it's not shippable? I mean, if you can buy wine over the internet ...

slick
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
:D I wish, but I don't have the proper packaging for it. You know that there would be a bottle on your doorstep if I could arrange it! Karen, a few weeks ago there was a mention in some thread about a group of us travelling to England. Gini and I have decided that we are not going to let this idea die...maybe when it happens we can take a side trip up to see you and I can make some for you in purrson. :)

Laurie..for your drinking pleasure:

In a big bowl, whiz up all the following ingredients until it gets nice and foamy. Then taste, then bottle, then taste again. :D Does not have to age. Can be consumed right away.

1 mickey Rye
1 large (1 litre) whipping cream
1 small (1 pint) 1/2 & 1/2 or creamo
2 eggs
4 tblsp. chocolate syrup
1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
2 tblsp. instant coffee
1 can Borden's sweetened condensed milk

This recipe may be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the bowl and the amount of consumption.......And of course, the amount of Rye may vary depending on taste......I always put a little extra in........

Makes three 26-oz bottles. Because it's made with dairy products, it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

Now as for the conversions:
1 mickey of Rye is comparable to a "fifth"
1 liter = 33.8140226 ounce [US, liquid]
1 liter = 35.1950797 ounce [UK, liquid]
1 pint [UK] = 20 ounce [UK, liquid]
1 pint [US, liquid] = 16 ounce [US, liquid]

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
You can't possibly go all the way to England and not come to see me!!!!! Not just for the Baileys, obviously ...

Now as far as the recipe goes, what's creamo?

slick
11-24-2004, 10:28 AM
Karen, creamo is a thicker version of milk and with a higher fat content. Sometimes going under the name of 1/2 & 1/2, it's used in coffee and tea mostly. It's found in the dairy section and is slightly thinner than the whipping cream in the carton.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
:D Thank, you! Go on then, I'll have one with my coffee - A baileys that is, not a creamo!

slick
11-24-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
:D Thank, you! Go on then, I'll have one with my coffee - A baileys that is, not a creamo!
DONE!
Purrsonally, I don't like Baileys...it's too sweet for my liking. On a cold morning I'm told that 1/2 c hot coffee and 1/2 c Baileys works wonders. :D

RICHARD
11-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Hello to everyone!

Thanks Gini....hope you have a nice few days....

I'll be in and out all day long....Let's stoe up the fire and everyone grab a seat!!!!!

DONE!

Corinna
11-24-2004, 11:34 AM
Wow you guys really got going early this week. I'll be here today inbetween cookie batches . Trying to get all but the cut out ones done to day for christmas. I'll go to my daughters to make the cut out mess on her day off. they are her favorites she can clean up after them. oops timer rang back soon.

slick
11-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi Richard...don't worry, I'm home for a couple of hours and will try to fill your shoes...:eek:

Fireplace....DONE! (hee hee....I feel like a real bartender now)

wolflady
11-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by slick
...In a big bowl, whiz up all the following ingredients until it gets nice and foamy. Then taste, then bottle, then taste again. :D Does not have to age. Can be consumed right away.

1 mickey Rye
1 large (1 litre) whipping cream
1 small (1 pint) 1/2 & 1/2 or creamo
2 eggs
4 tblsp. chocolate syrup
1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
2 tblsp. instant coffee
1 can Borden's sweetened condensed milk

This recipe may be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the bowl and the amount of consumption.......And of course, the amount of Rye may vary depending on taste......I always put a little extra in........

Makes three 26-oz bottles. Because it's made with dairy products, it only lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge. Unfortunately, it will have to be used up in that time........

Now as for the conversions:
1 mickey of Rye is comparable to a "fifth"
1 liter = 33.8140226 ounce [US, liquid]
1 liter = 35.1950797 ounce [UK, liquid]
1 pint [UK] = 20 ounce [UK, liquid]
1 pint [US, liquid] = 16 ounce [US, liquid]

YUM! Thanks for this slick...I think I will be whipping this up for the holidays this year! I'll even put a label on it: Slick's Irish Cream! :D

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I'll be heading down to LA to spend Thanksgiving with my uncle's family (actually Simi Valley...but it's not too far from LA) like we usually do. Have a safe and fun holiday everyone!

**hugs**
Karen

davidpizzica
11-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Ooh, I'll join you in a nice white wine, since you're celebrating a holiday!

David, are you now Donna's official spokesperson?! Not officially, Karen, I guess it sort of slipped out!

lbaker
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
I was thinking of a different name for it Karen... since it's Irish Cream I was going to call it McSlicks :p

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2004, 12:30 PM
*waves*
Hi, everyone!
Oh, what's cooking? It sure smells great in here. Be sure to keep the door to the L&F closed. Don't want to ruin the atmosphere!

Could I have some hot cider and 4 catnip teas for the kids?
Oh, and how about a big slice of pumpkin pie?
;)

slick
11-24-2004, 12:35 PM
I was thinking of a different name for it Karen... since it's Irish Cream I was going to call it McSlicks :p
:D :D Would you like fries with that???

Hi Connie, make yourself comfy by the fire and I'll bring over your order. The pies are in the oven.

davidpizzica
11-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
*waves*
Hi, everyone!
Oh, what's cooking? It sure smells great in here. Be sure to keep the door to the L&F closed. Don't want to ruin the atmosphere!

Could I have some hot cider and 4 catnip teas for the kids?
Oh, and how about a big slice of pumpkin pie?
;) Oh, Connie you were reading my mind! (very light reading) A big piece of pumpkin pie for me, too. May I also have a big cup of coffee and two catnip teas for my two sleeping beauties?

wolflady
11-24-2004, 12:40 PM

LOL LOL Perhaps I should design a logo for this...

MOFF, that sounds good! I would like a hot cider and slice of pie too.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi, Wolflady & David!

Everyone, try to keet the whipped cream away from Mario!
He made one big mess last week!

Maybe we can distract him with some cherries or blueberries?
Of course, he's been known to make a mess with those too.;)

slick
11-24-2004, 01:14 PM
David
DONE!

Karen
DONE!

Pumpkin pies hot out of the oven
DONE!

Mario...put the whipped cream down and slowly back away!!

:D

catland
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone. Happy early Turkey day to all of us USA'ers. A baileys and coffee sounds wonderful right about now.

Oh Mario - those aren't cherries, those are cranberries - they're not quite as sweet.:eek:

Corinna
11-24-2004, 01:18 PM
6 dozen toll house done 4 dozen molasses/oatmeal done Boiling raisans for the boiled raisan cake then the now bake cookies( joyfully called cat crap cookies here.sons faviotes)
Thought I would make his as he is actually working to day. Don't tell Andy but hes getting a fatten up care package from me.:D

slick
11-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Catland
Here's your coffee and you can help yourself to the Baileys on the bar. I take no responsibility for how much you put in.... ;)

Corinna....that's one heck of a cookie show.....I'm sure Andy will be pleased.

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Brilliant idea, Laurie!! :D :D I'll have another McSlicks. No fries, thanks. Oh thank you, some Pumpkin Pie? Don't mind if I do. I'll just settle myself down before the film starts.

You sound like you're working hard Corinna! Have you some time to relax by the fire?

Corinna
11-24-2004, 02:05 PM
The cake stays in the oven for an hour and 45 mintues so I have a little while. A nice peppermint tea sounds really nice right now.

RICHARD
11-24-2004, 02:17 PM
Peppermint tea?

DONE!

I am also making a giant pot of Catnip Tea!!!!!

I'll just put a table cloth over the pool table and set the pies cakes and cookies there....

Let me gather up some wood for the fire and some clean glasses for the "buffet".......

Mario,

Do you want to go out and play on the porch while I push the wheelbarrow around?:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Peppermint tea?

DONE!

I am also making a giant pot of Catnip Tea!!!!!

I'll just put a table cloth over the pool table and set the pies cakes and cookies there....

Let me gather up some wood for the fire and some clean glasses for the "buffet".......

Mario,

Do you want to go out and play on the porch while I push the wheelbarrow around?:D My cats THANK YOU for the pot of tea. They will be wanting refills soon. They highly recommend it to all the other kitties!

I think Mario would rather ride in the wheelbarrow than play on the porch!:D

I brought a big batch of my pumpkin pudding. It's just whipped topping mixed with a can of pumpkin pie mix. It's sure good though!

Corinna
11-24-2004, 03:01 PM
Done !!opps sorry I mean with the cookies I brought my shrimp dip . Cream cheese on plate spread out cocktail sauce canned shrimp, then shredded cheese (mozzella and sharp chedder) here are the crakers to scrap it off the plate.
Its a standard party dish at my house. Hope you all enjoy it.

Logan
11-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! :D I have missed you all this week. It has been "one of those weeks", and hopefully I can be around more starting next week. I'm certain I'll be scarce over the next few days, anyway.

Corinna! What a thoughtful thing for you to do for Andy! :) If that doesn't "fatten" him up, I just don't know what will!!!! :D

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday and weekend. Drink one for me!! Cheers!! :)

Logan

lbaker
11-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Speaking of cranberries MARIO, DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO CATLAND! STOP SPITTING CRANBERRIES! they aren't cherrys see? * jeezy peezy Mario * I like a cranberry relish that's made with smushed up cooked berries with a bit of orange zest mixed. Just a touch on the turkey is quite nice. I DO NOT like that jelly kind out of a can. it wriggles and jiggles and tiggles inside ya

dukedogsmom
11-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Is there really a catnip tea and where do you get it? I'll bet Doogie would love it. My mom makes a wonderful cranberry and orange relish that is so tasty! I've got to work tomorrow but we're having Thanksgiving at work. Then, I come home and have it there, too. I think I'll put in an order of Rolaids ahead of time. One hot chocolate with marshmallows for me, please. Duke will be by the fire chewing on a big bone.

RICHARD
11-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Is there really a catnip tea and where do you get it? I'll bet Doogie would love it. My mom makes a wonderful cranberry and orange relish that is so tasty! I've got to work tomorrow but we're having Thanksgiving at work. Then, I come home and have it there, too. I think I'll put in an order of Rolaids ahead of time. One hot chocolate with marshmallows for me, please. Duke will be by the fire chewing on a big bone.

DONE!!

http://www.herbalglobal.com/cart/Catnip_Tea/6155/Catnip_Tea.htm

Please give the Doogster a HUGE HUG from me.....please?:D

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 05:27 PM
You can get Catnip Tea! I have a packet for my mum's cat for Christmas. I have a link here, but I'm sure you would be able to get a more local supplier.

http://www.catoutofthebag.com/product.asp?sectionid=201&productid=1001 (http://)

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Oops! You already have. But, are Richard's bags mouse-shaped?

slick
11-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone! Just got back from running some errands. Boy, those errands can't run as fast as they used to! :rolleyes:
I see you are back now Richard so I'll turn the bartending over to you.
May I please have a double BM with some shrimpies and a cherry tomato? Thanks.

My, what are all those dried cranberries doing all over the floor?:eek:

RICHARD
11-24-2004, 05:57 PM
Oops! You already have. But, are Richard's bags mouse-shaped?

LOL,

probably not!!!!;)

Hi slick,

BM x 2 shrimp and 'mater!

Cranberries?????

Ah, Mario and I were playing marbles, Yeah, that's it...marbles.

slick
11-24-2004, 06:19 PM
Cranberries?????Ah, Mario and I were playing marbles, Yeah, that's it...marbles.
Oh I see...for a minute there I thought you and Laurie might be playing Jacks.

Logan don't be a stranger, OK? Check in at least once.:)
DDM, two dinners?????

That reminds me when I was with my Ex back in the 80's. His family had Christmas dinner on the 24th and opened up prezzies at Midnight and my family had dinner on the 25th with prezzie opening in the morning. Those were the two most hectic days of the year and talk about "turkied out". Thank God for elastic waistbands.

wolflady
11-24-2004, 06:47 PM
...Thank God for elastic waistbands.

Amen, sister! ;)

dukedogsmom
11-24-2004, 07:24 PM
I'm going to wish I got to wear sweat pants to work tomorrow, I'm quite sure. I'll have to look around here for some catnip tea. I'm thinking that maybe my health food store would have it? How much can you feed the kitties at once without them going totally wild? I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. I took Friday off so I could get up early and go shopping! I love going then and the day after Christmas. What fun. Anyone else going to be brave and tackle shopping on Friday?

Logan
11-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Goodnight, my friends, and Happy Thanksgiving!!! :) I have so much to be thankful for this year, especially. Not only my wonderful husband and children (of course, that includes my furry and feathered children), but also my dear friends from all over the world, most of whom I have never met in person, my family, my ability to find a new job so quickly after my previous job was eliminated. I will be giving thanks for all of these things tomorrow. :)

Have a wonderful day, friends!!

Logan

Corinna
11-25-2004, 12:25 AM
Have fun shopping I hate going now . I stay home and away from the stores unless I can't live with out some thing.
Ido all my shopping before November . I do hit the sales after for the next year.
I pray that all Pet talkers arrive and return safely during this holiday season.

luckies4me
11-25-2004, 01:28 AM
Hi everyone. *sigh* :( Can I have something really strong? I am severely depressed right now. I am going to be here all alone tomorrow sitting in the house doing absolutely nothing. This is the first time ever I will be spending thanksgiving alone and with no turkey. It's also Dylan's birthday. He is turning three and I won't be there when he blows out his candles. :( :( :(

luckies4me
11-25-2004, 01:29 AM
Eek, I forgot to say Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! haha :D Eat tons of turkey for me and then send the leftovers my way! :D

slick
11-25-2004, 09:25 AM
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
I suspect it's going to be quiet in here today with all you partee-goers celebrating with your families and since I'm the only Canuck coming to Thursday's I may be here by myself.....no wait....Cass, you are alone too? How come? I thought you had a roommate? Can't you go to see Dylan on his birthday? Sorry, but I'm confuuzzled now.

Come and sit by the fire Cass. We'll share some stories. Help yourself to the coffee and Baileys. I'll make you something stronger later on.

What am I thankful for......Dick's Place.....:) :)

KYS
11-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)

luckies4me, please don't be down.
The grocery stores should
be open. Get yourself your favorite foods and
a good book. If you can, call up Dylan and wish
him a happy 3rd birthday!
You can always pop in on Pet Talk too. :)

((hugs))

trayi52
11-25-2004, 09:52 AM
Hi everybody! How are you this morning, hope you are having a wonderful Thankgiving! Cass, I wish you were having a better Thanksgiving.

How do you like my new siggy? Kim made it special for me, of course Mario insisted on being the star of this siggy.

I'll just have a quick cup of coffee, then I got to get back to the kithen. My daughter and I are cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year again as usual.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Willie:)

Corinna
11-25-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi all ****waves **** I can stop in for a cup of tea . got rol;ls in the raising stage ,all others are working will be here at about 1pm and we will eat about 3.
Cass sending you a big{{hug}} you should find one of the community dinner places and get out with people.

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2004, 11:41 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!:D

Cass I'm by myself too. I spend every holiday alone since all my family are gone. Well, almost. I do have a brother but he lives in another state.

Scoot over and I'll join you and slick by the fire today.
I'm very grateful for PT and all of you!

Willie, I adore your new siggy! What a sweet ham, Mario is!

slick
11-25-2004, 11:46 AM
:( :( Connie, I did not know that you were alone too! I'm so sorry. Let me stoke up the fire and bring you your usual. I was going to go Christmas shopping today, but I'd rather sit here and keep you company if that's alright.

Hi Willie, Hi KYS, Hi Corinna.

Willie, Mario is just as handsome as ever!! Love the siggy!

lynnestankard
11-25-2004, 12:04 PM
**Door creaks open**

Oh Hi Folks -~~Waves~~ I thought the old place would be empty but thought I'd pop in and check.
Nice to see you all here - lovely roaring fire that Slick - don't tell me you started it the usual way with the flamethrower? :p :p

Isn't Willie's sig., great - trust Mario to get in on the act!!

Oh tell you what Slick I'll try that 2nd Thanksgiving Cocktail - sounds verrrrry interesting!!

Before I forget - can I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving Day - have fun y'all!!

Lynne

slick
11-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
[BNice to see you all here - lovely roaring fire that Slick - don't tell me you started it the usual way with the flamethrower? :p :p
No I couldn't, he was married.....LOL :D :D but if you know any single flamethrowers, throw them my way.... :D :D

TC #2 DONE!

davidpizzica
11-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi there, everyone! Thought I'd drop in for a quick coffee and a Bailey's before I get stuffed. Connie, I'm sorry to see you alone on thanksgiving, but if you get too alone you can PM me. Another reason I'm happy is that Donna called me. Maybe in January we will get to meet!

slick
11-25-2004, 12:39 PM
Good news David. Don't forget to wear those elastic pants when you go to your brother's. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2004, 12:42 PM
:( :( Connie, I did not know that you were alone too! I'm so sorry. Let me stoke up the fire and bring you your usual. I was going to go Christmas shopping today, but I'd rather sit here and keep you company if that's alright.

Hi Willie, Hi KYS, Hi Corinna.

Willie, Mario is just as handsome as ever!! Love the siggy! Aw, that's sweet, slick. But don't change your plans on my account. I'm stuffed and going to need a nap soon.

Being alone on Thanksgiving doesn't usually bother me much. It's just that 2 years ago tomorrow, I had to send Leroy to the RB. I miss my big goofy boy.

Christmas is the time I really have problems. It's the only time I'd like to get drunk and stay that way until after Jan. 1st. ;)

David, thanks for the kind offer. It will be great if you get to meet Donna! I hope things are going better for her now.

I'm going to go sneak a short nap.:)

slick
11-25-2004, 12:53 PM
Connie, I'm so sorry about Leroy. Take comfort in knowing that he is watching over you right now.

I know what you mean about Christmas. For me New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day are the worst and yes I agree....why don't we just go comatose for a few weeks until it's all over. Works for me. Have a good nap.

I'm heading out to buy some Christmas cards now. Talk to you all later.

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Ooh, excellent fire, is there any more room on that settee? Is that cocktail good, Lynne? I think I may try one myself please, just so that I can wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving holiday.

Your new signature is lovely, Willie. Mario deserves a solo spot now and again.

lbaker
11-25-2004, 02:24 PM
OK, let me throw this into the mix.. my husband died 5 yrs ago yesterday but that hasn't stopped me now. The kids (son, Jenny, their two kids) just went off to her families dinner. I was invited, as always, but just prefer to stay here and chat with you all and have some special goodies I make just for myself and my fourleggers. I love you all and wish your day is joyous and without the usual trauma that sometimes comes with "holidays" and family. Funny, Thanksgiving was always my favorite. It still can be. Happy Day everyone. I think the combination of applewood and eucalyptus (sp?) is a delight, let me throw some more on this gorgeous fire. Hot cider.. special cheeses and treats for all. My treat:cool:

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2004, 03:01 PM
Laurie, you are so right that holidays with all the family round can be extremely stressful. I don't envy you Americans two family holidays just a month apart. How do you celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas differently from each other?

slick
11-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Once again Laurie, I learn a lesson from you. Thank you. {{{HUGS}}}

Good afternoon everyone. I guess most of you are sitting down to "turkey lurkey" dinner right about now, so in honour of your special day I raise a glass and toast you all.....well not really "toast" as in "burn"....I mean......shucks...you know what I mean. :)

Laurie, thanks for the treats and o-o-o-o those special cheezzzes. I'm in heaven in my own home. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2004, 03:46 PM
*yawn*
Gosh, what a good nap! I hope my snoring didn't disturb anyone!

History was made! All 4 cats napped with me. Grandma is usually hesitant to join the gang on the bed but she crawled right up there this afternoon! That alone made this a good day!

Mario, how are you at video games? I have MS. Pacman and it has 6 other games on it. We can just plug it into the tv. I'm not real good at it, but it's fun! You can go first!:D

Cinder & Smoke
11-25-2004, 03:55 PM
:)

Hap, HAPP,
H A P P I E :)
Thanksgiving,
* EbberBuddie * :D

No matter if we're with the FurKids or a crowd of
Family & Friends -
We ALL have something to be Thankful for...

So ~ Give THANKS for your Blessings and
* ENJOY * :) this Day!!

/s/ Phred & his Furry Family

;)

slick
11-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Welcome to the bar, Phred. Happy Thanksgiving to you and I'm sure those furry friends of yours are going to enjoy some turkey tonight. ;) Can I get you anything?

RICHARD
11-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone....

I am on my way to go to dinner so I have a few seconds....

(I haven't had firsts yet!)

First of all....Happy thanksgiving to everyone..

I am thankful for all the people that I have met online and in person.

I really enjoy Thursday's and want to thank everyone for making it the crazy place it has turned out to be.

You all really rock........But. I will try to be a little more attentive to all your drink needs in the future.......

This place has been like a snowball running downhill.......

It has picked up speed as it has traveled.....We pick up flakes.....Snowflakes, of course!!!!:D

But it's the momentum that keeps it going....

I do play the lottery regularly.....I'd love to find a place where we all could meet, Especially Mario....

I'll b back later on!!

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2004, 04:24 PM
MOFF - all 4 of your cats crawled into bed with you??! I would give anything for my three to do that at the same time. I fear that our mumm cat will never get of te bed while we are in it. :(
(Must be all the catnip tea you feed your lot that makes them do it! :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-25-2004, 04:28 PM

... those furry friends of yours are going to
enjoy some turkey tonight. ;)

Can I get you anything?

Cinder & SmokeMutt here...

Hold off offerin Dad any "beveragez" jest yet -
He's still readin direkshunz onna boxez! :rolleyes:

Da "Frozen Turkey Dinner" us FurKids get ta share is koolin off;
HIZ "spread" is still a werk in progress...

So far ~ da Smoke Alarm :eek: hazint gone off! ;)

slick
11-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
So far ~ da Smoke Alarm :eek: hazint gone off! ;)
:D :D take da battrees outta smoke alarm before kooking....dats what my mom duz.....

signed
Max

Killearn Kitties
11-25-2004, 04:35 PM
:D :D take da battrees outta smoke alarm before kooking....dats what my mom duz.....

signed
Max

Good advice Max! Hope you get a good dinner today Cinder and Smoke, AND BOOTS TOO!! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-25-2004, 07:06 PM
I hope the bar has Alkaseltzer on tap! I think I need a mug.
Darn onions. I love them, why do they hate me?:D

slick
11-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Plop, plop, fizz, fizz
Oh what a relief it is!

DONE!

Sit down in the easy chair Connie and take a load off. I'm just going out back to get some wood. I expect the other regulars will be returning tomorrow.

dukedogsmom
11-25-2004, 07:50 PM
Hey Trai, did you see this? It's in the general section. Be sure and click on that strange word at the end. It starts with an a.
http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64803

zippy-kat
11-25-2004, 09:34 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

slick
11-25-2004, 09:43 PM
ZIPPY!!!!!!
Come and sit down and relax. Hope your Thanksgiving was peaceful! Can I get you anything??

zippy-kat
11-25-2004, 09:47 PM
A cup of ice tea and the company of the Thursday's crowd would be perfect, Slick!!

I've spent the last 2 (almost 3) days without my computer/internet... I'm going into withdraw! lol

Cinder & Smoke
11-26-2004, 12:23 AM

take da battrees outta smoke alarm before kooking...
.dats what my mom duz.....

signed
Max :D

(Told with Love) ;)

This is from the Daze *before* Smoke Alarms ~

Mom was pretty much a "Scratch Builder" of Holiday Meals -
MANY Hours spent in a not-all-that-fancy kitchen -
and the Microwave was still a wonder of the future...

Pots, pans, mixing bowls, recipie cards, a BIG Turkey...
My Dad badgering for hours :rolleyes: "Is it ready yet?"

Guests are seated, Grace is said, The Burd is carved, plates are passed ...
<munch> <munch> <munch> ...

Mom gets a *puzzled* look - "I think I've forgotten something... ??"

My Dad pipes up "Where's the ROLLS!??"

<sniff> <sniff> <sniff> ???

:eek:

(As the unmistakable odor of BURNT :( Bread drifts into the dining room)

Poor Mom! :(

She always tried to *time* the first batch of rolls to be
"ready" just as everyone was served...
And they were almost always forgotten till it was a tad bit "too late".

But Good Ole Mom always had "extras"! ;)
I really never minded *scorched* rolls - 'nuff butter and
they always tasted just fine to me!!

Happie Thanksgiving, Mom!
I'll bet you were in charge of the Turkey for God's dinner
at The Bridge today...
Sure do *miss* Your Home Cookin!!

/s/ Me

slick
11-26-2004, 05:58 AM
What a nice story Phred. Happy Thanksgiving from me too, Mom.

So why did the turkey cross the road?
Because he wasn't chicken!

:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Zippy...sorry I missed your last reply last night...I was making my own dinner but let me just say this
DONE! :D

lbaker
11-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Oh Phred, only you can make me laugh and cry at the same time...

Why did the chicken cross the road?
He had a punk rocker stapled to his face.. :o :rolleyes: :D

slick
11-26-2004, 10:23 AM
Good morning folks! I guess you are all "stuffed" by now so just roll on in and help yourself to a comfy seat.

I have coffee on as usual along with some fresh croissants and muffins. I guess turkey sandwiches for lunch is out of the question????:eek:

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a good time yesterday and are at home relaxing, Not fighting all the crowds at the stores!!!

;)

Slick,

Turkey????

I'll bite!!

davidpizzica
11-26-2004, 11:12 AM
Slick, I'm still a little full from yesterday. But coffee and rolls will hit the spot right now!!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2004, 12:11 PM
Hi, everyone! I feel much better. That Alkaseltzer hit the right spot.

Hot turkey sandwiches for lunch here today. That's Turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes and bread. (and not an onion in sight!) Also some left over cranberry sauce on the side!

lbaker
11-26-2004, 12:30 PM
I'll fix up some turkey samiches on white bread with mayonaise (NOT Miracle Whip please) with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. YUM, my son likes it with a smooth slide of stuffing (but only MY stuffing :rolleyes: ) on it. Leftovers truly are the best part. I'm fixing my dinner tomorrow so tonight is the prep time. I can't wait! Oh boy, some don't like creamed onions, some don't like cranberries, some don't like sweet taters, this or that but there are so many choices on this table (see how Mario & I put the plywood and a table cloth over the pool-table!) everyone can find at least a few things they enjoy. I truly love you guys and thanks for making me feel my family is around these last few days, and years

lynnestankard
11-26-2004, 01:22 PM
Ooohhh Turkey sandwiches - yummy!! Yes I like home made stuffing on mine too!! In fact Don would eat stuffing sandwiches minus the turkey!!!
As the suns over the yard arm here - it's 7.25pm - I think I'll opt for a vodka and cranberry juice.

Lynne

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Vodka and cranberry...DONE!

Tea for the Zipster....
DONE!!

lbaker
11-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Vodka, cranberry and a splash of Orange Juz.. I think it's called a "Windrose". That was the name of my cousins sailboat in the Virgin Islands. OK, don't even go there with the "Virgin Islands" I was there but SOOO WHAT! :o

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 03:08 PM
Vodka, cranberry and a splash of Orange Juz.. I think it's called a "Windrose". That was the name of my cousins sailboat in the Virgin Islands. OK, don't even go there with the "Virgin Islands" I was there but SOOO WHAT! :o

Vodka, cran and OJ....DONE!

Virgin Islands???

lol,
Oh, the possibilities......:eek:

slick
11-26-2004, 04:40 PM
:eek: :eek: Would someone please tell me why the malls are so crowded on a weekday??? My friend and I went shopping and after two hours said, that's it! No more. The more I think about it the more I'd like to stay in a drunken stupor until January. :rolleyes:
So bartender, fill 'er up. I'm parched.

OK, don't even go there with the "Virgin Islands" I was there but SOOO WHAT!
I'm going to be good, I'm going to be good! :D :D

lynnestankard
11-26-2004, 04:41 PM
......OK, don't even go there with the "Virgin Islands" I was there but SOOO WHAT! :o

What? What? **snort** :D :D

Lynne

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 05:26 PM
:eek: :eek: Would someone please tell me why the malls are so crowded on a weekday??? My friend and I went shopping and after two hours said, that's it! No more. The more I think about it the more I'd like to stay in a drunken stupor until January. :rolleyes:
So bartender, fill 'er up. I'm parched.

I'm going to be good, I'm going to be good! :D :D

LOLOLOL
I alway see the ads for the plastic surgeons doing a 'laser rejuvenation' for women......is that where they go to recuperate???

Lynne, Slick and Laurie,

DONE..........

No, not that!!!! A drink, sillies!!

slick
11-26-2004, 05:35 PM
plastic surgeons
Don't you mean....plastic sturgeons!!!!!

LOLOLOL

I kill me......or maybe someone should....bang!!!!:D :D

lbaker
11-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Oh BARK BARK BARK, wait a minute.. someone is knocking at the door.. oh, OK.. the kids got it. Where was I? hmmm Sturgeons.. BARK BARK BARK. They don't like this person. I must go take my guardians and see who this person is. Nevermind. Grandson came downstairs and said "It's OK" HAH, not according to ME or my dogs. I want this person OUT. So out he goes. heh heh heh. I love it when a plan comes together :cool: They think I'm some old gramma huh. I'll teach those young WhipperSnappers. heh heh heh.
sorry guys, just had to get off on this weird tangent:rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2004, 07:17 PM
Sturgeons and virgins and Laurie is acting weird. WHAT PLANET AM I ON? :eek:

RICHARD
11-26-2004, 07:32 PM
Sturgeons and virgins and Laurie is acting weird. WHAT PLANET AM I ON? :eek:

Oh, it's earth all right!:D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Oh, it's earth all right!:D
Well, if you say it, it must be so! :D I'm watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind and thought I was nabbed by UFOs for a second there!;)

slick
11-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Go with the flow MOFF and you'll be just fine. Trust me! :D

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 12:51 PM
See.......................... I trust Slick, Richard, MOFF and Laurie.............and although Slick's on fish again (sorry to CARP on about it!!)...........I just need a quiet corner, a bottle of wine and them!!! :D :D :D

Lynne

slick
11-27-2004, 12:57 PM
Hey Lynne....I was wondering if anyone would come by today.
Take a seat in the corner by the fire and I'll join you. Red or white?:)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi, Lynne and slick!
Let me grab a cuppa hot chocolate and I'll join you by that fire!
The sun is shinning here but there is a cold wind. I just want to warm my old bones up. :D

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 01:34 PM
White please Slick - I think a Zinfandel would just hit the spot.
Been a hectic day of shopping - so now it's 7.30 and I'm curled up with the cats and computer xxx

Lynne

slick
11-27-2004, 01:51 PM
MOFF
Hot chocolate with mini's
DONE!

Lynne
DONE!

Sorry I was a bit tardy.....I was on the phone with Catmandu....:) :)

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Slick - is everything OK with Gary?

Lynne

lynnestankard
11-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Slick - just caught up with the exciting news of Gary's NEWBIE in Cat General - yippeeee another cat safe at the Found Hotel. :D :D

Lynne

slick
11-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I'm really slow on the draw today. I just had someone come over the drop off an Avon order. Anyway, he truly is a cat angel and just wanted to make sure this little meezer didn't get bought up by someone who wouldn't give him a good home. I'm heading out now for a couple of hours. Check in with you all soon.

Wonder if Gini is coming back today? I'm missing her.:(

luckies4me
11-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I FINALLY had turkey today LOL! Took me long enough. :p :rolleyes:

Someone wanna give me a Jack and Coke?

Hrmm........anyone want smores? Let me know!:D

slick
11-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Hi Cass....

Jack and Coke, DONE!

Why don't you sit down by the fire and rest awhile. I guess you are pretty full after that turkey but there are some snackies on the bar if you are interested.

Smores? Not for me thanks. I was born without a sweet tooth. LOL

davidpizzica
11-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Cass, come over to the fire and we'll make 'em!

luckies4me
11-28-2004, 04:16 AM
The smores are a cooking everyone! David, thanks for the help. The fire is very nice tonight. Just where is Mario? I could use a nice monkey hug tonight.

Jack and Coke, thanks! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
11-28-2004, 12:06 PM
The smores the merrier!

Sorry, I'm not thinking too straight at the moment. My cat, Grandma got out earlier. She used to be an outdoor cat but has been indoor ,for over a year now. One of the outside cats (I feed several strays) was beating up one of the younger ones on the porch. I opened the door to go out when Grandma shot out. Well, she sure broke it up!!! Cleaned the bully's clock good for him, she did. I was so scared I wouldn't be able to get her back but she just stood there like, "Ha! I'll teach him to pick on a youngster."

Needless to say, I'm still shaking. And Grandma? Napping in my bed without a care in the world.

Could I have a shot of cherry vodka? I need to get my heart started again!:eek:

RICHARD
11-28-2004, 03:39 PM
The smores the merrier!

Could I have a shot of cherry vodka? I need to get my heart started again!:eek:

cherry vodka, treats for grandma, and a defibrillator for your heart!!!!

DONE!

thanks slick for tending bar.

Lynne,

lolololol

carp......i strained my brain trying to think of another fish......

slick
11-28-2004, 03:44 PM
thanks slick for tending bar.
No problem. I tried to keep the "sharks" out. :D :D :D
I'm just going to grab a BM to go. Trying to get all my prezzies and cards organized today. :rolleyes:
**wink wink** **nudge nudge** ;)

Corinna
11-28-2004, 03:46 PM
We just noticed a new scratch on our old man Winky, (15) I'm starting to get worried about him going out hes getting cranky and I think deafness is comung. But he will not use a box must go outside. and trying to keep him in is a darn near impossiablity.
I can understand the heart attck too.
How about a nice hot coca Richard its only 27 f here and flaking a little. I still didn't get the lites up ment to aon wed when we were having a heat wave 45 f .

luckies4me
11-28-2004, 05:19 PM
Smores are done, and I also made some Mexican hot chocolate too since it's been so darn chilly today! With a splash of rum it tastes pretty darn good!

gini
12-01-2004, 10:32 AM
It always makes me laugh...............do you see how many people "lurk" around on Thursdays?

Are we that fascinating? :D :D

RICHARD
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by gini

Are we that fascinating? :D :D

Car crashes, train wrecks and Thursdays..........it fits!!!;)