PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts please.

jenfer
11-23-2004, 09:04 PM
This morning I discovered there are some poops in Gigi's crate, they are firm (sorry :blush: I don't know any "better" way to say it), but I was wondering WHY she did that? And she threw up twice. I was a bit worried, but I didn't put too much thoughts into it. She did get minor irritated tummy from time to time. I gave her fresh water and 1/2 of regular food.

Came home to a horrible site! :yikes: She puked on the sofa, a big splatter in front of her crate and probably somewhere else. So I was starting to clean though, because they are hard to get rid of. During my cleaning, she puked like twice and peed on the carpet. Then I moved her crate to the kitchen and started taking out the blankies from the crate. BIGGER mess in there! She had SERIOUS diahhear (sp!) in there. Not a pretty sight. :( She looked so tired and so sad. I am going to take her to the vet tomorrow. She has a very sensative tummy.. :(

Mandy1
11-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Oh no :( I hope she feels better soon. Do you think she ate something bad ?

jenfer
11-23-2004, 09:29 PM
I don't think so. But I am not sure. She was in day care yesterday, who know what she put in her mouth. But she only had some chicken and cheese besides her kibbles.

sammy101
11-23-2004, 09:36 PM
mabye it was something in the chicken,did it have any spices or anything in it??

I hope she feels better soon,and hope its nothing serious!

{{{Hugs}}}}

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Poor Gigi, hope she's feeling better soon! :(

KYS
11-23-2004, 10:00 PM
Sending get well wishes for Gigi.

Holly's mom
11-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Oh, dear!:( :( I hope Gigi feels better soon, sometimes it's so hard to know if our dogs ate something that is not good for them, whether edible or nonedible. When the acorns were falling from the trees here in October, Holly ate some of the acorns and got REALLY sick, I mean bigtime diarrhea. I was up all night with her, and took her to the vet's the next morning. He figured it was from the acorns, that when they were passing through her system, one could have cut into the lining of her GI tract and caused an infection. He gave her a couple of shots, one to slow down the diarrhea and an antibiotic. She also had to take antiobiotics for 7 days. But she was feeling much better after a day or two. No more acorns for my girl!

Hope it's nothing serious with Gigi and she's feeling better real soon.:)

lovemyshiba
11-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Poor lil Gigi:(

I hope the vet knows what is wrong, and can fix her up quickly--it's no fun being sick:(

She'll be in my prayers.

shais_mom
11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
poor GiGi!!
I hope she gets to feeling better asap!

captain
11-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Hope you get well soon Gigi ..............

BCBlondie
11-24-2004, 12:38 AM
Oh no! :( Poor Gigi! I hope she feels better soon.

tomkatzid
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
So sorry to hear your not feeling good Gigi girl.

Keep an eye on her through the night to make sure she is OK. Hope they can get her in first thing in the morning. I'll be working the day shift tomorrow, but in the afternoon I will sneak off to a computer to check in on her.
Katz

cloverfdx
11-24-2004, 06:10 AM
Oh no :(, i hope Gigi is feeleing much better soon. Poor little girl.

Karen
11-24-2004, 07:18 AM
Poor Gigi, and poor Jenfer! Hope everythings better soon!

Cookiebaker
11-24-2004, 07:20 AM
Oh no! How scary! I hope Gigi is feeling good again SOON!! Let us know what the doc says!!

pitc9
11-24-2004, 07:25 AM
Ahhhhhh Poor baby.... I hope her tummy feels better soon!

GraciesMommy
11-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Feel better, GiGi...

countrycowgirl
11-24-2004, 07:50 AM
oh no!!:( !!...poor gigi I hope that you are feeling better today

LorraineO
11-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Get well soon sweetie!!!

jenfer
11-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Thank you everyone. :)
She was very tired and looks weak last nite after all the clean up and stuff. No food, but she drank plenty of water. No mess.
I took her crate to my room last nite, so I could hear what's going on.
No mess this morning. I am so glad, I will call and make the phone call to the vet after it opens and will update you guys.
I remember last time when something similar happened, they told me some dogs are chronic to have tummy problems. I hope Gigi is not one of them. :(
She is now sleeping in her crate.

Tina
11-24-2004, 10:52 AM
I hope Gigi is feeling better soon!:(

Miranda_Rae
11-24-2004, 10:54 AM
Poor Gigi. :( I'm sorry you aren't feel well. I hope you find out what is wrong soon. Kissies to Gigi and Hugs to you, Jen. At least shes not a big dog then you would have more to pick up. ;)

micki76
11-24-2004, 10:57 AM
Poor Gigi. Chester has a lot of tummy problems, too. :(

I'm glad she's a bit better. Get well, Gigi. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
11-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Aww, Jen. I'm sorry that Gigi wasn't feeling very well.

But, I'm glad to hear she seems better! :)

anna_66
11-24-2004, 11:52 AM
I hope that Gigi continues to feel better.

Corinna
11-24-2004, 11:56 AM
Hopre she is feeling better .Merlin does this sometimes and we have no reason for it. KIDS !!!

robinh
11-24-2004, 12:21 PM
Three of my littles had a case of what I called flu not too long ago. They went to the vet for shots - vomiting and bad diarrhea. We never did find out what it was, but they felt better after about 36 hours.

Hope the little sweetie feels better soon.

Corinna
11-24-2004, 01:37 PM
how is the little wild boar to day? What did the vet say?

jenfer
11-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Just came back from the vet. She was feeling her tummy and such and can not feel anything weird. And they suggest some tests. One is for pancreas (sp?), one is testing for intestaine (sp?? sorry for my spelling, i don't have that sheet with me right now, the wild boar is on my lap) and she wants to do xray. I would do it in a heart beat if I have the money. But I wonder if it's necessary??? I mean yes, it seems like she has tummy problem very often. But doesn't a lot of doggies have some sort of tummy problem occassionally anyway. Plus who knows what they sniff and put in their mouth when we are not watching. Most of the time I only give her kibbles and a tiny bit of whatever I ate, but nothing greasy...hmm... maybe a bit of french fries very very once in a while. What do you think? I need some opinion. The vet think it maybe: her pancreas, some kind of "bugs" (forgot the exact wording she use) or just some foreign objects. I personally think is the last one, she goes to daycare 3 times a week and on weekend she goes to the dog park and she loooooves to sniff around and search the ground.
I am sort of confused as to what to do. :confused: :confused:

Corinna
11-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Sorry the vet couldn't be more sure . It has to be a decision you must make . Maybe stat with the cheapest tests. I did with merlin and after it all. She couldn't or didn't find anything decided he just must get too excited some times and then it happens. Sending you {{{hugs}}} for you and Gigi.

My Peanuts
11-24-2004, 03:11 PM
Poor little tiny Gigi. I'm sure your vet is great, but they like to run a lot of tests. I wouldn't exactly call them unnecessary, but they forget that as much as we love our pets, we are not made out of money. I would do the tests that your vet thinks are the most necessary. She/he should be able to give you an opinion on that. My cockatiel, Alex, almost died a few months ago of an egg binding. It cost a lot to get her well, but I still didn't do every single thing they wanted me to. I simply couldn't afford it. I'm sure Gigi will be ok. Get her well and before it happens again (you mentioned it's chronic) try to save money to get the x-rays and other tests. That's what I would do. I'm not sure if you were saying that the vet thinks it could be pancreatitis (sp?) My childhood dog had that. It can get difficult to manage, but can be done. Don't worry. Gigi is young and she will be fine.

bckrazy
11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
aw Gigi! glad you're feeling better! ;) me and Gonzo send lots of kisses!!

Gonzo was really sick last week, because my sister gave him some of her chinese food :rolleyes:... sometimes dogs can just be sensitive to certain foods. I would say, restrict her food intake to kibble and dog treats, and maybe some *very* bland people food. Atleast until you can get some help from your vet. It really can suck how much they charge for a whole list of tests, especially when it comes out that your dog has no problems, but it is better to be safe than sorry. good luck, whatever you choose to do!

robinh
11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
My vet suggests rice water to start with, then the rice and work your way up to the regular food. It give their tummies time to settle before introducing anything that might set them off again.

Give the baby a kiss for me. She is definitely a sweetie. And I can just about see the look on her face - it's the same sad one Muffin gives me when she doesn't feel good. Breaks my heart and makes me want to do just about anything to make her smile again.

My Peanuts
11-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh, BTW when Barney, my dog that had pancreatits, would get sick we would feed him boiled meat and rice to calm his tummy.

Cincy'sMom
11-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Hope Gigi feels lots better soon!!

Queen of Poop
11-24-2004, 04:53 PM
Oh my, I sure hope Gigi is feeling better soon. My Sami had a sensitive tummy so the vet told me I could give her a TUMS, she liked the fruity ones. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.