PDA

View Full Version : My Bonnie Legs is Gone :-(

QueenScoopalot
11-23-2004, 05:30 PM
The vets are as mystisfied as I am. How could dentistry and matt shaving lead to her dying? :( She had three seizures from 12 noon to when I called to check on her at 4PM. They gave her three injectable doses of valium and as soon as it wore off, she seized again. :( The last injection they gave her was around 4, and she passed away shortly after. They think it was a metabolic condition which must have recently developed, and caused her skin to become very thin, and elastic (which accounts for her horrible 7' long triangular gash across her chest). :( I said to the vet that gave me the news, that I should have just kept giving her antirobe to keep the bacteria in her mouth under control until she put on more weight. She had been eating fine, and drinking while on it, but progressively losing weight. The vet thought it would have made not much of a difference. :( I wish I could afford a necropsy to figure out what went wrong with my poor girl. She could have had many more birth defects other than her crippled hind leg, but I'll never know. :( RIP Bonnie :(

RedHedd
11-23-2004, 05:38 PM
:( I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP and play hard at the RB dear Bonnie legs. :(

carole
11-23-2004, 05:43 PM
QSA I am really sad to hear about bonnie, this would have been a shock for you, Rest in Peace sweetie, and hugs to you QSA.

NoahsMommy
11-23-2004, 05:46 PM
:( I'm so sorry QSA :(

May Bonnie play at the Bridge, healthy and brand new.

You were an excellent kitty meowmie. Not many people want to help kitties with disabilities. You were her angel, now she can be yours.

Take care. :(

slick
11-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Oh Jan, I'm so sorry. You must be heartbroken over this and I wish I had some words of comfort for you. You gave Bonnie that love that she deserved and I know that there is a special place at the RB for her.

RIP Bonnie and {{{HUGS}}} to you Jan. :(

catfamily
11-23-2004, 06:02 PM
I'd would try to find out what happened.Is it expensive for a necropsy?I think the Anestesia did not agree with her.She was fine before this happened.Poor baby had to suffer like that.I'm so sorry for your loss Jan..And such a terrible one for your baby.I truly am so sorry.I'm not happy about the whole thing but don't want to say anything bad about the vet because they've helped you so so much.I don't know.Me and Mike are sick about this too and I never met her.

rosethecopycat
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm so sorry for her.

Hugs to you Queen, you try so hard.

Godspeed to the bridge, Bonnie.

catfamily
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Rest in Peace Bonnie,we love you.:(

jenluckenbach
11-23-2004, 06:06 PM
Jan, I am so sorry to hear about losing Bonnie! :(:( But please try not to blame yourself or question any of your actions. Everyone (including you) knows that you only had the best intentions for her to have a happy, healthy life. Some things simply can not be foreseen. :(
I know that you will miss Bonnie, but she had YOU to love her, so she had a wonderful life.
RIP Bonnie. Run hard at the RB as a healthy cat who will wait for the day of reunion.

catfamily
11-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Jen's right.I would of done the teeth too.I always had my old cats teeth done.So don't EVER blame yourself.Every cat with dental disease needs cleaning and some pulling...so please don't think you did wrong.You did not know and was trying hard to help Bonnie live longer without pain.

QueenScoopalot
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by catfamily
I'd would try to find out what happened.Is it expensive for a necropsy?I think the Anestesia did not agree with her.She was fine before this happened.Poor baby had to suffer like that.I'm so sorry for your loss Jan..And such a terrible one for your baby.I truly am so sorry.I'm not happy about the whole thing but don't want to say anything bad about the vet because they've helped you so so much.I don't know.Me and Mike are sick about this too and I never met her. Carla, rescuing street kitties, and affording necropsies are impossible. :( It's a few hundred $$, and what is the point except for maybe the vets to learn about what exactly happened with her metabolism to cause such a fast decline? :( I was de-matting her only two weeks ago, and her skin wasn't thin, or stretchy like that. When I brought her home last night, I put her in my bedroom to make sure she was OK to make it up and downstairs, and all she wanted was to get warm on the floor/heat register. She wanted out shortly after, so I let her out of the bedroom, and she crunched into the kitty condo drum and slept there till this morning. I didn't like the way she looked when I got up, and took her in the bathroom where it was warmest. Her temp was low when I took her to the vets at 7:30, but it went back up a while later. I think there was much more going on wih my sweet Bonnie than just her severe leg deformity. :( I lost track of how long I had her, but she was close to 10. :( Not long enough for my heart right now. :(

catfamily
11-23-2004, 06:37 PM
Hugs to you Jan.:(

GraciesMommy
11-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this...hugs

rg_girlca
11-23-2004, 07:26 PM
On no Jan. I am so, so sorry to hear about your precious Bonnie.
I'm glad she had you to show her what love is.
Your heart must be breaking in little pieces. Rest assure that Bonnie is now free of pain, with perfect legs, playing and running on the RB.

(((((HUGS))))) Jan.

Jods
11-23-2004, 07:30 PM
I'm sooo sorry to hear this news. :(

catnapper
11-23-2004, 07:32 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} I'm sorry to hear about her passing. :( What a total surprise. I wish there was a cheap (free) way to figure out exactly what happened. :( :(

Grace
11-23-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm so sorry, Jan. Bonnie is now well and playing at the Bridge.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
I'm so sorry, Jan. But know that she knew love in her short life and she is now romping at RB with 4 good legs and all her 'tude to boot. You can't question why, for some reason she was needed at RB.

RIP sweet Bonnie. :(

{{{big hugs}}} to you, Jan. :(

AmberLee
11-23-2004, 09:57 PM
:( So sorry to hear of your loss. My Cassy and Livvy send purrs and headbumpies to aid in your healing.

Frolic and run happily at the Bridge, beautiful Bonnie!

lizzielou742
11-23-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry. :(

jazzcat
11-23-2004, 10:05 PM
I am so sorry. I'm sure this is such a shock.

Rest in Peace sweet Bonnie.

lisalee
11-23-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss of your precious Bonnie.

Becki
11-23-2004, 10:09 PM
I am so sorry for your loss

leslie
11-23-2004, 10:45 PM
I am sorry for Bonnie's leaving our world, your world jan... Please bear in mind that she loves you and looks forward to seeing you again with Willie and Smudge, and Maggie, and Lucy, and all! (esp. all the the kittens that didn't survive- I'll bet Bonnie is needed to spread around some discipline!) Fiind out how much a necropsy would cost, ok? Doesn't hurt to ask. Your birthday is coming up... (kidding)! Again, I am sorry for your pain, rest in peace miss Bonnie.
Jan, maybe you could post her picture and story of how you rescued her? Or did you already and i couldn't see it? If so, ignore this!

leslie
11-23-2004, 10:51 PM
http://www.catfamily.com/chkittyclu.../jan/bonnie.htm
I found this on your previous thread about Bonnie going into dental surgery! Nice pics of her! What big eyes...

Tonya
11-23-2004, 11:50 PM
I am very sorry. :(

Glacier
11-24-2004, 12:12 AM
I'm so sorry. Loosing one is hard enough, not knowing why is even harder. Godspeed little Bonnie.

Barbara
11-24-2004, 02:15 AM
I am so sorry for her:(

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-24-2004, 02:45 AM
What terrible news... . RIP, dear Bonnie!!

lynnestankard
11-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Oh Jan {{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}. You must be so sad and bereft. I know you weren't ready to let her go - but we have no say in it do we?
Debbie said it so well:- "You can't question why, for some reason she was needed at RB."

RIP dear Bonnie - another star in the heavens tonight xxx

Lynne

catcrazylady
11-24-2004, 05:52 AM
Jan I'm so heartbroken to hear this.:( I was only able to lurk briefly yesterday but I did pray for the precious Bonnie. I'm so so sorry for you. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Bonnie no longer needs those prayers because she is happy and whole once again. Thank you for making her life on earth a good and happy one filled with love.

Uniqueviking
11-24-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss :(

smokey the elder
11-24-2004, 07:45 AM
I'm so sorry about Bonnie. I wonder if she had a thyroid flareup. I adopted a cat to a lady this summer whose 22 year old cat, who was on Tapazole for hyperthyroid, showed the same symptoms as your poor Bonnie. Just something to watch for in the future.

Play well at the Bridge, Bonnie!

catlover4ever
11-24-2004, 08:08 AM
Jan I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}} My heart is breaking for you.

kimlovescats
11-24-2004, 08:20 AM
Jan, I am so very sorry to hear of Bonnie's passing. What a total shock for you!:( I am still grieving my Tucker, and I know the pain you are feeling. :( :(

(((HUGS)))
Kim

catmandu
11-24-2004, 08:21 AM
The Pet Talker Angels,will be waiting,for Poor Bonnie,to make sure she becomes An Angel,andshe will be an Eternal Kitten,and be a Kitten,through eternity,and always have FUN.

ramanth
11-24-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm so sorry. :(