PDA

View Full Version : Hubby Caught Kelly!!!

hdeneise
11-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Onward with the saga of the mysterious disappearing cat.....

We hadn't heard Kelly's bell since Friday night, and were getting worried then I thought I heard her in the basement Monday morning. I left the tempting Tuna flavored Fancy Feast out (who could resist??) and sure enough by Monday night, the plate was clean. We figured either Kelly was in the basement or we had REALLY big rats.

We couldn't just leave her in the basement, there's probably 20 year old rat poision hidden in every corner, not to mention that she can get under the floor joints. So me & hubby go into the basement with a dustbuster (for shooing purposes) and a flashlight and searched for over an hour to no avail. We closed off every room (3 rooms + the foyer) and put a plate of food in each one so we could find out where she was.:cool:

Well this morning, hubby went into the basement to get a shirt from the laundry room and she was playing with a tarp in the corner of the foyer. Her bell was making so much noise that she didn't hear Stephen, so he just snuck up behind her and snagged her. I was so suprised when he brought her upstairs!!:eek:

She wasn't happy, she growled a little, but didn't hiss or spit -- and I wouldn't declaw my own cat, but her previous mommie did and I sure was greatful for it this morning!

Anyway, while we're at work today, she and Boo-Boo are having a reunion in the kitchen (where there's nothing to hide under) and we'll try again for peaceful contact this afternoon.

Thank you all for listening, ya'll always make me feel un-alone in the cat-trials and tribulations of life,
Heather

catlover4ever
11-23-2004, 12:01 PM
Heather I'm glad that you finally were able to find Kelly. When I introduced Gracie and Gabriel to my other cats I started off using a dog kennel crate, medium size. This gave G&G a place to feel safe and secure while getting used to the other cats. I would then let them come out when Mark and I were home to supervise them. I was able to get a small litter pan, bedding and food and water dish in the kennel crate. Then you could do supervised "visits" with Boo-Boo. Just a thought. Again I'm so happy that you were able to find Kelly.

catnapper
11-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Thank goodness she is now upstairs safe and sound where she belongs. She probably had a great time in the basement... I know my guys do. Pouncer L-O-V-E-S to slip into the basement.

Good luck getting ehr calmed down and happy to be a permamnent part of the *upstairs* family! :D

hdeneise
11-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Introducing Boo-Boo and Kelly to each other really isn't the problem, they have lived together in Atlanta for several years, its more introducing them to us. Boo Boo has done so well, he even played with the feather on a stick for about 20 minutes last night. He seemed really happy to see Kelly, but I don't think Kelly really cared either way. We've considered keeping her (Kelly) in Boo-Boo's crate (its medium dog sized to fit his fatness), but I think it would be better to leave her in the kitchen, at least she'll have more room to play without being able to hide so much. I think she's a sweet cat at heart, she's just still mad and confused that her Mommie dropped her off with a stranger. As for the basement, we had considered putting a dog door (so that Boo-Boo could fit through it!) in the basement door and putting the litterbox in the foyer, but I don't think that will happen for a very long time.

---FYI-- The only way that we can figure she got in the basement on Friday was by JUMPING DOWN THE LAUNDRY SCHUTE!!! Neither Stephen or I went down there and the door is chain locked high enough that our 4 year old coudn't reach it. Cats do the durndest things.

catmandu
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
That is the reason,that the Old adage Curiousity Killed he Cat,is valid,as they ,out of Cat Curiousity,will do dumb things,and then think about it afterwrds.We are gald,that your Cats back,where he belongs!