PDA

View Full Version : I'm so disappointed!

Cookiebaker
11-23-2004, 08:25 AM
This morning, we called off Thanksgiving dinner at our house. We were kid-sitting this past weekend, and on Sunday, one of the kids came down with strep throat, and now I have it too. It's too risky for my Mom-in-law (very ill with cancer) to be here so we have to call it all off.

:(

I'm so sad, all I can do is cry. Especially when I think this may be the last Thanksgiving with my Mom-in-law.

Why oh why do I have to be sick???? :(

pitc9
11-23-2004, 08:27 AM
Oh how sad.... I'm sorry! I wish I could wave a magic wand and make you feel better.....:(

Please get better soon!!!

ramanth
11-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm so sorry. :(

Maybe once you are well you can have a Thanksgiving feast just because! Who says it has to be that Thursday?!

*HUGS*

mina'smomma
11-23-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm sooo sorry you're sick. I wish you would feel better soon.

cloverfdx
11-23-2004, 08:30 AM
Oh no i am sorry to hear you are unwell :(, i hope you make a speedy recovery and can spend that well needed quality time with your family soon.

{{Hugs}}

petslover
11-23-2004, 08:30 AM
I agree. Make the feast when you all feel better. That way you can all get together and share that bond together. Like ramanth said, it doesn't have to be Thursday just do it anytime. Thanksgiving is a time of thanks so you can celebrate it when you get feeling better.

I hope you get feeling better soon.

KYS
11-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Thats to bad. :(
ramanth had a great idea, when
your better have another Thanksgiving
with your mother-in-law.
I hope you feel better soon.

Cinder & Smoke
11-23-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by ramanth

Maybe once you are well you can have
a Thanksgiving feast just because!
Who says it has to be THAT Thursday?!

THAT's the way to handle it!!

Over the years my family has rescheduled Birfdays, Turkey Day,
and even Christmas :eek: one year to accomodate work, vacations, and sickness.

No Harm, No Foul ~ and the "Family" can have a Great Time
regardless of when it happens!

/s/ Phred

catnapper
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
How truly disappointing.Please feel better soon, and perhaps you can reschedule Thanksgiving for another day? It doesn't have to be THAT day to give thanks and be your your family.

GraciesMommy
11-23-2004, 08:52 AM
That's right! Make it NEXT Thursday..its JUST a date! We are having our Friday..we just can't all get together on Thursday..we have to travel 500 miles and can't leave til Thursday...its just the way it is...sorry you are ill ~ hope you feel better~ hugs

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-23-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ramanth
Maybe once you are well you can have a Thanksgiving feast just because! Who says it has to be that Thursday?!

What a great idea!! Go for it!!
Get better soon :)

Tonya
11-23-2004, 09:01 AM
I am sorry that you are sick. :( One year, my dad had emergency surgury (apendicitis?) on Thanksgiving. We celebrated a few weekends later. It worked out fine, we didn't miss a beat.

Cataholic
11-23-2004, 09:28 AM
ANDDDDD...if you celebrate it AFTER you get better, you have that much more to be THANKFUL for!!!!!:)

jazzcat
11-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

Edwina's Secretary
11-23-2004, 12:07 PM
My very first thought as well was...just have it another day....

hope you feel better soon...

lynnestankard
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh Anna {{{{Hugs}}} - strep., throat is no joke is it? Hurry and Get Well very quickly.

Then do as everyone suggests - have a proper Thanksgiving with your dear M-I-L - she's in my prayers - and you too sweetheart xxx

Lynne

cookieluver7
11-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Awww! I am really truly sorry. Maybe you could have a Thanksgiving dinner a different day, even though I know it isn't the same. Just be thankful that you will get better. Oh, by the way, you said it could possibly be your last Thanksgiving with your mother-in-law, maybe you could plan like a fun shopping day, or some get together to spend time talking to her and have fun with.

carole
11-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Strep throats are no fun indeed, have lots of ice cream, jelly, ice blocks, they can be very painful, depending on how bad you have got it.

I am truely sorry to hear your plans have been disrupted and you are unwell, so I am sending you positive thoughts and wishes for you to get better real soon, and so you can have your thanksgiving dinner another night., hope you got your antibiotics? GET WELL SOON sweetie.

Cookiebaker
11-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Thank you all so much for the well wishes, and suggestions.

We decided to go up to the Emergency Room instead of waiting until tomorrow to see the regular dr. They were so jam packed, they didn't have time to see me today. So, anyway, the Dr. gave me a choice of penicillin pills or a penicillin shot. So I opted for the shot, and the good news is that by tomorrow morning I will be contagious-free!!! I called Mom tonight, and we decided that we would wait to make any Thanksgiving decisions until tomorrow to see how I feel. The dr. thinks I will be as right as rain. :)

Meanwhile I have a *VERY* sore bum :o and arm (IV fluids). And I'm plumb exhausted and headed for B-E-D.

Oh, and more patient babies....they want to play soo badly, and I'm just not up to it tonight. :(

Karen
11-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Friday would be a fine day to give Thanks, as would Thursday, Saturday or sometime next month! And when you feel up to it, you'll be sure to give thanks for feeling better!

petslover
11-23-2004, 09:55 PM
I am glad you got a shot and will be contagious free. I hope you get feeling better asap!

ChrisH
11-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Aw, Anna, poor you. :( Hope you are feeling a bit better today.

{{hugs}}

ramanth
11-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Ohhh shots in the bum.. :eek: :(

But I hope it does the trick and you are well soon! :)

Miranda_Rae
11-24-2004, 09:50 AM
I think having another Thanksgiving dinner when you are better is a great idea. It would also tell your mother-in-law how much you appreciate her company. I say go for it! :)

Cookiebaker
11-24-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm so excited!! I talked to my Mom-in-law this afternoon, and they think having dinner here will be fine!! Whoo hoo! They had started to make other plans that didn't include us, and I was feeling badly about that. But now we are good, and I have tons of stuff to do! I just got back from shopping. And tonight I have to:
--Make a squash casserole
--Make pumpkin pie
--Make Zucchine Bread
--Make Cranberry Nut Bread
--Make Dinner Rolls

AND

Clean the house & vaccuum; wash the kitchen floor (before cooking obviously); and fold 4 loads of laundry.

No Biggie, Right??? But it is ALL worth it!! :p :D

lynnestankard
11-24-2004, 03:58 PM
So pleased you got a shot Anna - it's about the only thing to kill off strep throat.
I'll nip over and give you hand with all that cooking eh???:D :D

Have a lovely Thansgiving.

Lynne

Karen
11-24-2004, 04:16 PM
Yay! Congratulations on being happybusy instead of mopeysick! Get a'cookin' and do have a wonderful time!

lbaker
11-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Get those boys to help you! My son used to (and still does) love smashing up the taters! It will keep them busy, make them feel a part of the occasion and perhaps even give you a break. It may be a wee bit messier than you could do but what the heck. A holiday that may turn out to be better and more memorable than you could possibly believe. For everyone.

dukedogsmom
11-24-2004, 05:19 PM
It must be very disappointing but I agree with the others that have said to just have it when you get well. I know it won't be quite the same but you can still enjoy being together. Hope you get well soon.

anna_66
11-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Anna I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better and will be having a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sounds like you've got lots to do....wish I could be there to help out a little:)