PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

catnapper
11-23-2004, 08:12 AM
Since Thanksgiving is fast approaching, I was wondering what everyone was thankful for.

I am thankful for a hubby that has more faith in me than I do during this tough time of starting my own business.
I am thankful I have the talent to branch out on my own!
I am thankful I have great parents! My mom woud do anything for me.
I am thankful I have three great step-kids.
I am thankful I have the best pets around, and that they all love each other.

mina'smomma
11-23-2004, 08:21 AM
I am thankful for a loving family
I am thankful for my wonderful fiance
I am thankful that God has blessed me with a new addition
I am thankful for my wonderful little girl Mina
I am thankful for all my friends including the ones on Pet Talk;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-23-2004, 08:22 AM
Oh I'm thankful for a lot of things!! Let's see, to name a few...

For my family and parents
For my buddies, especially Diana, Lindz, Kat, Amee, and Katie
For my health and home
For Blaze, my pup, and all the wonderful times we've had together!!:D

Lastly...

I'm thankful for LIFE!!;) Thanks God for making me and everyone I admire and love!!:D

petslover
11-23-2004, 08:25 AM
I am thankful that I have great parents. They would do anything for me.
I am thankful for the time I have with my grandma. I am thankful that I get a chance to spend time with my grandma.
I am thankful for my 4 cousins and uncle. They are the greatest.
I am Thankful for the true friends I have.
I am thankful for the wonderful pets I have. I wish I could say they all got along, but they don't lol.
I am thankful for getting a chance to talk to wonderful people on pettalk.
I am thankful for the health of my family.
I am thankful for getting up this morning.
I am thankful for the food that I have.
I am thankful for the home that I live in.
I Thank God for everything! I love him!

ramanth
11-23-2004, 08:29 AM
ANDY! and that fact that he is getting better day by day. :D

Tonya
11-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Things that I am thankful for this year:

We finally have Jaden's adhd under control.
My grandmother is doing really well.
I'm finally having a successful pregnancy.
My husband is finally cleaning the litter box. :p
Hubby survived another race season.
Both of my brothers are healthy and well.

Tina
11-23-2004, 09:24 AM
I am thankful for my daughters.
I am thankful for my husband.
I am thankful for my mom & dad.
I am thankful for my brother.
I am thankful for my husband's mom & dad.
I am thankful for my other family members.
I am thankful for my pets.

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by petslover
I am thankful that I have great parents. They would do anything for me.
I am Thankful for the true friends I have.
I am thankful for getting a chance to talk to wonderful people on pettalk.
I am thankful for the health of my family.
I am thankful for getting up this morning.
I am thankful for the food that I have.
I am thankful for the home that I live in.
I Thank God for everything! I love him!

Same here!! (even though I already mentioned a few things!:D;)

heinz57_79
11-23-2004, 11:12 AM
I am thankful for Bella, who has given me back the faith I once had in myself, in life and in love.
I am thankful for my furkids who have been the one constant throughout all my hard times.
I am thankful for my friends, who know when I need a hug and when I just need to vent.
I am thankful for Bella's family, who have welcomed me into their homes and their hearts.
I am thankful for my voice, because I have been told it makes people happy when I sing.

davidpizzica
11-23-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm thankful for a lot of things.1) That this will be the first time in over a yar that I'm pain free and not limping. 2) That Donna has come into my life. 3) Every one at PT.

Cataholic
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM
I am thankful for my darling son, Jonah, and that he is healthy, happy and here on earth with me.

I am thankful for my mom, Lillycat, that she not only cares for Jonah during the day, but, cares for him as much as I do. I am thankful for her at the end of a long day, with dinner 'to go' for me, my son all ready for me to take home, for the daily logs of his activities (like NO naps all day long), for her suggestions/tips on child care, for her continual 'it will be okay' comments, and no complaints when I call 50 times a day!

I am thankful for my health, and my pets, my job, my freedom, my friends- really, I am pretty dern thankful of most everything in my life!!!

Miranda_Rae
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM
I am thankful for God, for all he has given me, and for loving me for me! :)
I am thankful for my doggy, she is my best friend, and I couldn't live without her.
I am thankful for my friend Ami, who has always been there for me and whom I love to DEATH!
I am thankful for all my other friends too.
I am thankful for my parents and my brother and all my other family members. My parents are SO supportive my doggy stuff and they care so much for me, and what i am feeling. :)
I am thankful for my house and all my possesions.
I am thankful for the fridge, washing machine, dryer, etc.
I am thankful for being born and raised in the USA where I can say what I want, and for all the freedoms we have here.

Kfamr
11-23-2004, 11:41 AM
My three wonderful dogs.
My friends [which includes the many from Pet Talk]
[some of] My Family.

popcornbird
11-23-2004, 01:45 PM
I am thankful for God and my faith in Him. I'm thankful for my parents, and their good health. I'm thankful for my brother, for my relatives, my friends, my pets, the roof over my head, for my good health and the health of my family, pets, and everyone I care for. I'm thankful for my computer and DSL....he he he. Without it, I would never have known some of you who have really become special friends to me. I'm thankful to have grown up in a place with diversity. It really broadens one's perspective in seeing things. I'm thankful to live in a place with gorgeous weather. I'm thankful for my freedom. I'm thankful for our central AC, that keeps us cool when its hot, and for our heater, that keeps us warm when its cold. I'm thankful for all that God has given me. Really, when you think about it, there is SO much to be thankful for that we just take forgranted everday. If I were to list everything I'm thankful for, the list would never end. God has given me LOTS to be thankful for, and for that, I am grateful too.

cookieluver7
11-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I have a lot. heres a few....

For my family, my dad, mom, and brother who gets on my nerves at times, but I know would do any thing for me.
For food. I can't imagine starving!
For a warm house. Freezing in the cold winter would be awful!
For my health. That I am healthy and hopefully will stay healthy.
For money. I am not rich, nor poor, but have enough money to get what I need.
For clothes. Stylish, lol that isnt what counts. What counts is that I have warm clothing.
For my beautiful bunny Speedy. I love him dearly.
For my best friend Lauren on pt. She has definatly given me lots of tips.
For my other friends not on pt. Holly, Kelsey, Macey, Emily, Vanessa, and Stacey.
For love. Imagine a world with hate.
For knowledge. Not knowing a thing would be so... bazaar!
All I want is more more and more and don't really appreciate what I have. Thanks for posting this to remind me all of the great things I am blessed with!;)

slick
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
My list would go on and on......

Just want to send out a prayer for all the Pet Talkers who are travelling to spend Thanksgiving with family and friends. Please have a safe trip and make sure you check in when you return. :)

Chica
11-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I am thankful for Chica, my Chihuahua.
I am thankful for my loving family.
I am thankful that I am a Breast Cancer Survivor!!!:)
I am thankful for my job.:D
I am thankful that my family is well.:)

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2004, 06:04 PM
You know it's funny all year long I whine and complain about money, sick animals (why my dogs?) goofy neighbors, work, in-laws, blah, blah blah..... But when Thanksgiving comes around I really start thinking of all the things I have to be thankful for! :) But don't worry the in-laws will bring me back to reality before the holidays are over!:p

carole
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
We don't celebrate thanksgiving in NZ, but all the same I don't need a special day to do just that, I am so thankful for many things in my life, sometimes I do need a gentle reminder of just how lucky I am really, so this is a great thread Kim.

I am so thankful for my family,that my parents are still both with me, I have a good husband and two healthy children.

I am thankful I have a roof over my head, food and clothing and warmth when cold.

I am very thankful to have been blessed to become the owner of my furbabies Ash and Lexie.

Even though my health is not the best at times, I am thankful its not life threatening and that I am not battling something more serious.

I am thankful to live in a beautiful country,where democracy is upheld.

I am just ever so thankful to be alive, to experience what I do in life, may it be good or not so good, the latter I can well do without, but that is what life is all about, to wake up and see the blue skies and the sunshine, or the even the dark clouds and rain, at least I am here on earth with my family, friends and furbabies, and I am so very thankful for that.

Last but not least, I am thankful to have discovered PT, and to have met such wonderful ,open, honest and caring people from all over the world, and even more thankful Hubby introduced me to the world of computers.

RICHARD
11-23-2004, 06:20 PM
I have told this story a few times before.

While growing up, on the nights when the weather is really rotten, Mom would turn to us and make this statement.

"How would you like to be homeless tonight?"

Or

"Where would you go if you were homeless?"

I am thankful for a roof, a bed, a job (sometimes :confused:)
clothes, a car, health, my cat, where I live and the people overseas that protect my sorry arse - oh, I almost forgot.....and the fact that as long as I can keep working, I'll never know the answer to my mom's question.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.:)

jenluckenbach
11-24-2004, 05:13 AM
a most loving husband. :)
a home of my own.
my kitties, who always love me.
countless friends who came to my support when I was down.
a job I can count on without worry of being "Down-sized"

lovemyshiba
11-24-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm thankful for my wonderful husband
I'm thankful for my family
I'm thankful for my 4 dogs--what a boring life it would be without them!!
I'm thankful for all of my friends
I'm thankful for my job

KYS
11-24-2004, 09:32 PM
I am thankful for my loving family, my health and theirs.
I am thankful for my dogs.
I am thankful I have a job.
I am thankful I have a roof over my head
and food to eat.
I am thankful for the good people in this world.

slleipnir
11-24-2004, 10:08 PM
My family and furkids
My dad allowing me to have furkids (esp kiba)
Having a nice home to live in
Having food and fresh water
My dad helping me with uni payments (I wouldnt be going otherwise)
Support.
Etc etc etc etc..I could go on a while

Corinna
11-25-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm thankful for the 10 years of extra time the Docs gave me with my wonderful hubby. (today is the day 10years ago he was allowed to come home from his cancer surjury) In that vein Thanks to Dr. Jeff Bartils.
I am thankful for my family and all the support they gave to us at that time and the last 10 years of recovery.
Thankful for all the pet talk family for all the prayers and hugs given when needed. You are a wonderful bunch.
All the lovely think and prayers when I needed it in Sept. you willnever know how it helped me and my family in the loss of our grandson. Thank you all.
Karen and Paul you two are geniuses to have started such a wonderful community here. THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-25-2004, 06:08 AM
I am thankful for my loving and caring husband.
I am thankful for my 2 great kids.
I am thankful to be mommy to several pets.
I am thankful for my bed, my home, everything I own.
I am thankful for the warm welcome I got when I rejoined PT!!
I am thankful for all the good days I have.
etc.....:)

neko1
11-25-2004, 07:23 AM
I am thankful for my wonderful hubby, my family especially my mother, my house even though it's falling apart, my job, my health, my co-worker Monique, my car, my heater (it's really cold in here) and my crazy gang of furkitties:D

teenster3
11-25-2004, 10:44 AM
What are you thankful for?

- for having a roof over my head (not having to live on the street)
- for having money to buy food & necessaties (not going hungry)
- having an ok paying job & hubby a decent job
- my parents (especially my dad)
- my husband (most of the time)
- my close friends & their kids
- my nieces & nephew
- my dogs & fish
- thankful that my dad & grandma are feeling better
- thankful that I can come on here & talk to you guys!
- sunny days
- THANKFUL to be alive! (Just wish I wasn't sick so much, but it could be worse);)
TiNa

Who
11-25-2004, 11:04 AM
I am thankfull for:

All the food
that my dad is still here ( he had 2 heart attacks 3 months apart)
For the rest of my family even if most of them are boys
My dogs!
My Horse!
Did I mention the food?
A job even though it doen't pay alot it helps with paying for my horse and dogs
for our house even if it junky
The food Too!:D

Happy thanksgiving Ya'll And don't forget who we're Thanking! God. Cause without him there would be nothing to be thankfull for! :) have a great Day!!