PDA

View Full Version : I need a lot of prayer, please..

Nomilynn
11-23-2004, 07:37 AM
I know I haven't been posting very much lately but a lot of things have been going on in my life lately. I'm working hard at school - which I love - but it's really difficult to keep it up and also keep the job that I have right now. It is my job that is the reason I'm asking for prayer. I absolutely hate my job. My boss is a real hag and she's been saying things about me behind my back to other employees. Unfortunatly, I have to have work, and I've yet to find anything else. But - this job has made me so sick; I'm getting migraines, I'm not sleeping, not eating, and it feels like I'm getting gastritis again (inflammation of the stomach lining, in case anyone doesn't know what that is), plus my diabetes is totally out of control. I lay awake at night dreading going to work, tears streaming down my face.. and I make myself so sick about it I can't even go to work the next day and I have to call in sick but in total fear that I'm going to get fired. I want to quit so badly but I can't afford to without something else to go to. I've applied to a couple of places, but the time of day that my school is scheduled makes finding work extremely difficult.

I'm asking that you please pray that I can find another job before my health fails even more. I need to leave that place so badly, I know this in my heart and I just need to find something else to go to. I'm asking if you could all send a prayer, asking for that help for me? I'm so depressed and worked up over all this I'm barely functioning day-to-day.

PT Prayers always seem to work, so please say one for me. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

robinh
11-23-2004, 07:40 AM
Oh, Nomilynn I wish things were better for you. You have my heartfelt prayers that the right situation/job comes soon.

Please take care of yourself. I understand hating your job and staying for the money - I'm doing it, but find an outlet for the stress if you can. Come here as often as you can or pm anyone of us to talk.

Robin

lovemyshiba
11-23-2004, 08:18 AM
Oh Nom, I'm so so sorry:(

It is just awful what you are going through. I know you need the money, but your health is important. It's such an awful situation.

I hope you can find something else soon, and take care of yourself. Please pm or im me if you ever need to "talk." I worked for 4 years for a horrible awful boss, and it took all I had each day to drag myself to work. I made myself sick as well, and I wasn't a very nice person to be around. My boss said horrible things about me as well, but I can't write them here, this is a family site.

You'll be in my prayers Naomi.

KYS
11-23-2004, 08:38 AM
I am so sorry!
I know how stress can ruin your health.
Sending losts of prayers that you find a new
job ASAP and sending (((HUGS))).

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-23-2004, 08:47 AM
Done!!
I hope that you may find a new job asap, so you can be your old happy self again!! {{{hugs}}}

ramanth
11-23-2004, 08:47 AM
*HUGS* Prayers sent.

GraciesMommy
11-23-2004, 08:48 AM
Its hard to be in a job that you can not stand..been there done that..hopefully the right job will open up for you..just hang in there!

pitc9
11-23-2004, 08:51 AM
I am so sorry to hear about what you've been going through.

I pray something Great happens soon for you!

~*HUGS*~ :D

Tonya
11-23-2004, 09:04 AM
I am so sorry. Job stress can be the worse. I will be praying that you find another job.

micki76
11-23-2004, 09:13 AM
Nom, I’m so sorry you’re having to go through this. I’m a firm believer that whatever trial and tribulations we face only make us stronger. I know you’ll come out on the other side of this a stronger woman. :)

There is nothing as stressful as hating your job. :(

Take care of yourself and know that I’m thinking of you.

slick
11-23-2004, 09:40 AM
More prayers coming from me Nomi. I'm free this weekend if you want to get together. PM me, OK?

moosmom
11-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh Naomi,

You shouldn't have to go through that. Is there an EAP program where you work? It's Employee Assistance Program. It's completely confidential where you can talk to someone about what's going on.

The reason I'm telling you this is I've been in your situation. I was going through a real tough time trying to work as a paralegal 40 + hours a week and take care of my alcoholic Dad and was getting alot of flack at work. I almost wound up in the hospital from a nervous breakdown. I was working for this whack job female lawyer who didn't know her a$$ from her elbow. She was making tons of mistakes and then blaming them on me . Fortunately I was wise enough to copy everything she did wrong and documented all conversations. She'd tell me do to something and then turn around and say she didn't tell me to do it. Someone put a "personal and confidential" memo under a pile of files on my desk that was about me and my performance addressed to all the partners. I was furious!!! I immediately took all the documentation and the memo I had and went to the EAP rep. All hell broke loose because they knew I had a case and could cause real problems for the company if it ever got out. They offered to put me to work with 2 other lawyers. I told them that after that memo, NO ONE would want to work with me. I got a nice little settlement that allowed me to take my time finding another job.

You KNOW you've got my thoughts and prayers, Nom. Don't let them get you down. Document EVERYTHING. And look into EAP. That's what they are there for.

(((hugs)))
Donna

lynnestankard
11-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Naomi (((((Hugs}}}}} across the miles sweetheart.
No wonder you're feeling stressed - this job sounds like it's making you ill - well not the job - bujy your boss, you knew what I meant didn't you?

If your diabetes is sliding out of control - thats got to be because your not eating - right? Please, please try and eat as hard as it is. You don't want to kick start your gastritis either.

I'm saying lots and lots of prayers - espelcially to St. Jude (patron saint of lost causes) as your convinced you won't get a job!! Lets see if we can prove you wrong.

Lynne

Karen
11-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Prayers are on their way for a new situation for you soon. Remember, sweetie, to take care of yourself!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-23-2004, 01:00 PM
I know what it's like to have a job you hate!

Prayers are flying from me too!

(((HUGS)))

wolflady
11-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Prayers are on the way from me too! I believe that when it comes to your health...it's not worth it to stick in a job that makes you so miserable. Seriously...if things are that bad...it would probably be better to quit and start looking for another job then suffering in one you hate and sacraficing your health! :(

I know it's probably not an option to quit, so perhaps you could look into what Donna suggested if you need to keep the income flowing.

**hugs**
Karen

emily_the_spoiled
11-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Is there anyway for you to get a job at the university? Depending upon what program you are in sometimes they will hire students. The university libraries are always hiring students, etc. I know these may not pay as much as what you have now, but the environment might be a little better.

Once exams are finished you might what to start looking around campus.

BTw, it isn't worth your health to be working for someone like that (been there done that and it took me years to physicially recover)...

catlover4ever
11-23-2004, 02:18 PM
Nomilynn, I can totally relate to what you are going through. I will send extra special prayers your way. Hang in there for now and know that something will come along.....PT Prayers and good thoughts are the absolute best!!!!

Corinna
11-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Sent you a PM {HUG}

ChrisH
11-23-2004, 02:20 PM
{{big hugs}} Prayers sent.

Nomilynn
11-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it.

AmberLee
11-23-2004, 09:45 PM
You're in my prayers, dear. Hang in there.

captain
11-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Nomilynn,

You are in my prayers.

I also wish that the fleas of a thousand camels infest the armpits of the lady who is mean to you ...................:D

Chin up - we are always here to listen ....

{{{hugs}}}
Michelle

Crikit
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Oh Naomi, I know things are bad right now but hang in there things are bound to look up soon. In the meantime I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and send you some good vibes from Calgary as well.

cloverfdx
11-24-2004, 05:35 AM
Prayers on the way {{Hugs}}.

Nomilynn
11-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks for these replies. I'm now on a medical leave of absence, and I've applied for employment insurance benefits. In the mean time, I will keep searching for a new job - one that won't interfere with my schooling. When I let myself think about it all, I get very overwhelmed. Just now I was sitting here making a grocery list, and thinking "Can I afford my food??" The real answer is no, I can't - I have to use a credit card - but I have to eat. So.. there is my predicament at this time.

Thanks for your prayers and support. It means a lot to me.

krazyaboutkatz
11-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Naomi, I'm so sorry to hear about this.:( Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. I sure hope that you'll be able to find a much better job soon that will work around your school schedule. Please take care.{{{HUGS}}}

slick
11-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Nomi...you know I'm just a phone call away. If you don't have it, PM me and I'll give it to you. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can.

Hugs.
slick
xoxo

NoahsMommy
11-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Nom,

I don't know how I missed this, I'm so sorry. :(

I'm glad you're able to get away from that job. Nothing is worth making yourself sick over.

I'll be praying you find a much better job in the very near future.

Take care,
Kelly :)

shais_mom
11-27-2004, 10:37 PM
prayers and hugs on the way Nomi!

emily_the_spoiled
11-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Naomi,

Is there anyway you would be willing to take out a student loan? I know that you might not want to go into debt, but it would relieve some of the pressure. They are currently taking applications for the next semester...

I know how difficult it is to work and go to school at the same time, I hope that something comes your way that fits better.

Cheryl

Kater
11-29-2004, 11:32 PM
{{{{HUGS}}}} {{{{MORE HUGS}}}}
I'm so sorry, Nom. I wish I could hug you in person! I am praying that the perfect job will come your way!!!! :D

Nomilynn
11-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by emily_the_spoiled
Naomi,

Is there anyway you would be willing to take out a student loan? I know that you might not want to go into debt, but it would relieve some of the pressure. They are currently taking applications for the next semester...

I know how difficult it is to work and go to school at the same time, I hope that something comes your way that fits better.

Cheryl

I took out a student loan. All it did was pay for my tuition, and nothing for living expenses. I guess the government doesn't think I need to eat while going to school :p

Thanks for the continuing support.

emily_the_spoiled
11-30-2004, 07:40 AM
I knew the government had been getting shorter with the loans over the last few years but I didn't realize it was that bad. :( I took my first two degrees in Canada and had a loan for the first one. I then worked my way through the second one with no loans and it was tough.

I wish there was something we could do to help...