PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say such hurtful things to me?

luckies4me
11-23-2004, 03:18 AM
" brush your teeth...they are so yellow...and your hair is so flat and lifeless...need bangs to hide that big forehead"

Some guy I know emailed me this. I don't understand. I don't have money to cut my hair. I already know I am ugly, have a big forehead and need my teeth whitened. If I had the money I would do it but I don't. But why does someone have to say this to me? I haven't even done anything to this person. I know him in real life. :( :( :(

Palomino21
11-23-2004, 03:50 AM
luckies4me,

Unfortunatly there are mean people in this world but not to forget also some really nice and caring people. I would not let what that guy say bother you because it only matters what you feel about yourself. Getting a haircut, whitening your teeth does not make a person beautiful, though having money to do those things can be nice but not required to be pretty. I wouldn't give that guy the benefit of making you upset. Hope you feel better.

Annie

LorraineO
11-23-2004, 05:31 AM
tha main reason ppl pick on others is because they themselves have no self esteem and by trying to make others feel worse then they do makes them feel better..... do yourself and us a favour,,, DONT let him feel better....

you are a beautiful person inside and out. you have feelings and they count.....

Beauty fades with time,, but true beauty lasts a lifetime.

chelsea
11-23-2004, 05:36 AM
I know how you feel, before I got laid-off from work I had started to gain weight, I got rude comments about it made to me almost dailey. Mostly from the men. I think people sometimes do it to make theirselves feel better about themself but it's still hurtful. Try not to let him get you down, I know it's hard.

luckies4me
11-23-2004, 05:54 AM
Thanks you guys. It just makes me so mad. I have never once done anything to this person and I thought we were friends. Apparently I was wrong. Thanks for the kind words everyone. You guys are the best! :D

lynnestankard
11-23-2004, 05:58 AM
Why do people think it's fine to abuse other people in this manner? It makes so so angry.
Ignore this rude, immature geek!

{{{Hugs}}}}

Lynne

GraciesMommy
11-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Thats a shame that he feels he has to belittle you to make himself feel better..obviously HE has issues, not you..

mina'smomma
11-23-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
" brush your teeth...they are so yellow...and your hair is so flat and lifeless...need bangs to hide that big forehead"

I'd tell this guy to get a personality makeover and become a gentleman. No woman is ever ugly. We are all beautiful in our own ways. (by the way that quote came out of my fiance's mouth when he read your post.) Don't do things because people tell you to. Do it for yourself. If you want to get your hair cut see if there is a beauty school near by and they give you a discount rate, and if you drink soda or coffee (like me) then you're going to have a yellow tint or your teeth because of the caffine.

But in all honesty surga I'd tell him to bug off. I just really dislike stupid men.:mad:

Karen
11-23-2004, 07:35 AM
He obviously has some need to hurt other people to make himself feel better! Explain to him that you DO brush your teeth, and that you are "growing out" your hair until it's long enough for the style you really want.

Then tell him that he may think you are ugly (he's wrong, but that's not my point), but he was mean, and beauty is on the surface, but meanness goes straight to the core. There is nothing as ugly as a mean person, no matter their physical attributes.

There is nothing as beautiful as kindness.

robinh
11-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Wow, you need to avoid this guy big time. He has serious issues. I cannot believe the cruelty of people sometimes.

Please don't believe anything he says - you are a good, kind, beautiful person. I refuse to believe anyone who loves animals as much as you do is ugly. Not possible.

catnapper
11-23-2004, 07:53 AM
I know, I got those comments EVERY DAY -to my face - at work! :eek: I was always too heavy, had frizzy hair, wore the wrong makeup, wore ugly clothes (and to this day I swear my clothes were just fine... just not deisgner duds they expected.)and so on. Anything I did, ate, said was subject to critisicm. Just ignore t he comments, and when you get back on your feet, you can proove them wrong.

As for the bangs - you can cut them yourself... just take your hair in the amount you want and lay it across your forehead. Then lay a pice of tape across your forhead. Reposition as neccessary to get it straight. Then cute along the tape. No mess, no fuss, no screw-ups! I have never once gotten my bangs cut proffessionally and never had crooked or funky looking bangs. Do you have a friend you trust to cut the back?

If he's complaining about lifeless hair, learn to do a french braid. That will be your new daily hair, and nobody can complain about a neat, clean, crisp braid. Thats how I wore my hair EVERY day for over a year. It takes seconds to do once you've mastered it and everyone likes the look.

And for years before all the tooth whitening stuff came into popularity, I always rinsed my toothbrush in peroxide before applying toothpaste. Its less than $1 bottle and will last forever.

Tonya
11-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Without a doubt, I'd never speak to that guy again. You don't need people like that in your life. If you keep him in your life, over time, he's going to break you down. That's abusive and horrible. You are beautiful Cass, that guy is the one with issues.

sammy101
11-23-2004, 09:40 AM
ive seen pictures of you before and your beautiful!Just ignore him,you dont need someone like that in your life.

Sam

kimlovescats
11-23-2004, 09:48 AM
First of all, no "friend" would say these things to you ... he's a JERK! Second, I would not change myself for anyone! If YOU feel these things about yourself, and want to try and improve them, then do so, if not ... then just love and respect yourself the way you are and go on! (without the jerk);)

((((HUGS))))
Kim

jazzcat
11-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
First of all, no "friend" would say these things to you ... he's a JERK! Second, I would not change myself for anyone! If YOU feel these things about yourself, and want to try and improve them, then do so, if not ... then just love and respect yourself the way you are and go on! (without the jerk);)

((((HUGS))))
Kim
Amen to that!!!! Don't worry about what a jerk like that thinks.

NoahsMommy
11-23-2004, 12:22 PM
Any person that could say that to another is a huge waste of your time.

Being a girl, we take that stuff to heart, though. Even if its untrue. I'm sure you feel ugly now, just because of his words. Well, we don't think you're ugly, you are very pretty. Do something to make yourself feel pretty again, take a bath, paint your toes. Something girly that will restore the you that you know you are.

:) Feel better.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-23-2004, 12:25 PM
I've seen pictures of you and you're very pretty:) Don't listen to what this guy has to say about you! For some reason alot of people always say these kind of things to women, most of the time for no apparent reason.

Amber
11-23-2004, 02:54 PM
I think your a gorgeous person, cassie. I wouldn't worry what he has to say about you. He's obviously not worth your time.

slick
11-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Cass...my heart goes out to you for I've been in your shoes before. It is hurtful but you can choose to let it eat you up or lift your head up high, know that you are beautiful, and move on. Forget this person. Right now you need to surround yourself with people who will give you positive vibes and not bring you down with stabbing words.

{{{HUGS}}}

Miranda_Rae
11-23-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats

((((HUGS))))
Kim

I AGREE!!! Anyone who treats people like that has self esteem issues or feels insecure. I have seen pictures of you, and I think you are very pretty! So please ignore him (easier said than done, I know), and remember that there are many people that care about you for being YOU and for whats on the inside rather than the outside (although there isn't anything wrong with the outside), which he oviously doesn't. {{{HUGS}}}

cookieluver7
11-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Hey, don't get down on yourself. I'm sure you are a beautiful girl. And if others don't think so then they are wrong. If you aren't gorgeous on the outside, then you are probably beautiful on the inside. (meaning that you are a very nice person.) That boy just isn't looking deep enough. Don't get down on yourself. Hope that helped!;)

Hey, who knows, maybe this guy likes you and maybe he is just hiding it with this.:p

carole
11-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Cass firstly I think you are a very pretty young woman, and I am not just saying that, I cannot believe the audacity of this person, I would not even explain anything to him, he is not worth the time of day sweetie, you are who you are yellow teeth, bangs and all, I have honestly never noticed anything like that about you, and hey I have yellow teeth, some people do, infact I heard people with yellow teeth often have better quality teeth, if you know what I mean, less chance of cavity's etc, not sure if its true or not, but mine are not too bad , even at my ripe old age lol.

I don't smoke or drink much caffine, so its what you are born with, both my children have the same, my son had lots of antibiotics when young and so did my daughter and that generally tends to stain the teeth.

I too would love a bleaching job on the teeth, but cannot afford it, the price is outrageous, but then as I have never had white teeth, it would take a bit of getting used to, might look odd.

Cass there are just some plain mean minded folks in this world, often they are so critical because they feel bad about themselves, and it helps make them feel better if they can put you down.

This person's opinion is worth diddly squat sweetie, be proud of who you are, you really are beautiful inside and out, don't think any less of yourself, ya here me!!!!!!:)

The stupid part about this is, that anyone who has seen your picture would be lying if they said you were anything less than pretty,honestly Cass you are so darn pretty girl., how can you believe otherwise, because of this stupid jerk, forget him.!!!!