PDA

View Full Version : Finally...Sahara update

shutterbug0303
11-22-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi everyone! Please forgive my lack of participation lately!! I'm so sorry...but I have been keeping up as much as I can (I sneak in a quick read @ work). Between work, the last two weeks of school, and a baby girl with a lot of medication to keep up with, it is quite hectic here! Not to mention the holidays approaching!! Phew! I'm sure everyone can sympathize this time of year! Well, on to the update...two weeks ago, Sahara was quite a sick girl. Her mange (demodex) had flaired up again, but this time very bad in her feet!! Well, after two weeks of a rigorous medication line-up and a lot of love and pampering, my girlie is feeling much better. Her footsies are all cleared up of the bacterial infections, and the swelling is gone. Her general infections are clearing up as well thanks to the antibiotic. So right now, all that we are left to deal with are the mites that are still abundant. The vet has counted a good number of dead ones, so that is a good sign...but we are still not in the clearing. It is still unknown if her immune system will be up to battling this disease for the rest of her life. So fingers and paws are still crossed. We are pushing a lot of Ivermectin into her system and that seems to be helping. We are now on fatty acids for her skin/coat, a new shampoo that we are to bath her in twice a week that has some sort of medication to help with the mites, and an F/P (fish and potato) diet to rule out any food allergies. Chloe is going to start on that too, because she is developing some serious skin probems. Anyway...my big girl is going to be 7 months old on the 28th, and weighed in at 92 pounds!! (she gained 7 pounds in two weeks!!! :) We are happy about that!)

Sorry about the length...takes a lot of breath to catch everyone up! lol I'm going to attach a photo of my girl from just two days ago...you can see that she is feeling much better :) Sorry about the size and eye-glare; no energy to fix! :(

Love to all! <><

BCBlondie
11-22-2004, 10:42 PM
Aww, poor Sahara.. :( I'm glad she's getting better though! Hopefully she will be able to completely over it and live a happy, healthy life! :)

RottiMommy49
11-22-2004, 11:52 PM
It is still unknown if her immune system will be up to battling this disease for the rest of her life.

It's good to hear that there is quite an improvement in sahara since you last posted about how bad she was. It's just so difficult dealing with one of our babies being ill. You mentioned her immune system and I have some great news that just might be an answer to that problem. I have Monty on this and Cappy has just started on it 2 days ago. Cappy has Lymphoma cancer. I got started on this product after my scare with Monty a couple months ago when his nodes were enlarged and he was sick all the time. A lady who had rotti with Lymphoma cancer managed to keep him alive for 3 years using this product. Another used it for her baby that had bone cancer and he lived almost 2 years longer than expected. It boosts the immune system and is unlike any other product on the market. I do not sell this!!!! I wanted to make that clear. After reading emails from people I knew of through other friends and reading all the info on the website about it I made a decision it was well worth a try. Monty has already shown so much improvement and has only been on it about 2 weeks now. My husband and I are also going to start on it. I will gather up all the info I was sent as well as send you the website so you can read up on this and see if you want to give it a try. it can't hurt. They make one for animals but we are all using the human form for our furkids. it's truly an amazing product and is just now available in the US. So I will PM or email what emails I have from users of it and the addy.
I wish Sahara a full recovery so her Mommy can relax and enjoy her.
Doggy Kisses from Monty and Kiki
Hugs from me to Sahara:)

chocolatepuppy
11-23-2004, 04:53 AM
Will keeps Sahara in my thoughts and prayers. She is just beautiful! Hopefully you can get this cleared up and it will never come back!

pitc9
11-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Oh... Hugs and prayers for you both. I couldn't imagine how hard it's been on you both!!!!

Please keep us updated!!!!!

LorraineO
11-23-2004, 09:47 AM
I am soooo happy to hear shes better,, and what a doll!!!!!