PDA

View Full Version : This may sound stupid....

Jods
11-22-2004, 05:30 PM
but if my boyfriend goes to pick Pixie up from the vet will she resent me because I'm the one who dropped her off to be spayed?? I know this sounds dumb, but I can skip first lecture if I have to.. I just don't want her o be upset with me... I'm also hoping her personality hasn't changed at all do you think it would??

kt_luvs_kitties
11-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Aww honey, I dont think Pixie will resent you. She will just be glad she is home:D She is gonna be fine, and happy as ever! My cats *i worked at the vet, and helped with their surgeries* woke up within minutes after the spay, and I brought them home 3 hours later when I got off work, and they acted like nothing was wrong. A little groggy BUT OH SO HAPPY to be home! Dont worry, and just get home ASAP and love on her. Make sure she is warm and comfy, and not too much activity, and I am sure all will go well. But I will send prayers just in case;) *HUGS* for you and Pixie! Feel Better Pixie!!

PS_ Some cats personality changes, most get more lovable and less active. Mine stayed the same;)

doolittleky
11-22-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't think she will resent you either. You are doing what is best for her because you love her and are a good mom.
Doo=^..^=

lynnestankard
11-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Awww Jods - I really don't think cats 'do' resentment.

She's just going to be happy to be home with her special Meowmie. If she's still a little groggy she may want to sleep - leave her to it. Cats know whats best for them.
Just so long as she's got some water and her litter tray close by - she'll be fine. Most cats don't want to eat the moment they return home from surgery.

Don't worry about this, you did the best thing for your little Pixie - none of my female cats have changed at all after being spayed.

{{{Hugs}}}} to you and nose kissies to Pixie xxxxxx

Lynne

christa
11-22-2004, 06:17 PM
I think that she'll be glad for ANYBODY to come and take her home!!!

She'll probably still be sleepy & drugged anyway . . . too much to care.

;)

Kitties are pretty forgiving . . . when they want to be. :)

Jods
11-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Thanks everyone... I got a few min off to pick her up then I have to rush back to school though... I think it will be better if I picked her up anyways cuz once I see her I won't worry all day. I can't wait till tomorrow!~~~~:D

catmandu
11-23-2004, 09:04 AM
It been a long time,since I had,to have a Cat altered,but I think,in most cases,they,if they were good Cats,before,will be good Cats,after.And I dont think,that the Vet minds,after all he knows,that you love Pixie!

cruisetime
11-23-2004, 09:25 AM
Animal Control took Meka to the vet for a spay before I could adopt her - I picked her from the vet and took her home for the first time so I bet that was very stressful for her to have a spay done and a new home in one day. It has been about 8 weeks and she is as fisty as a kitten and driving us nuts!!! :) :)

She shouldn't change her personality. At first Meka was very loving because I bet she hurt but after that she is now very playful... Debbie