PDA

View Full Version : How cat rescue saved my day...

catnapper
11-22-2004, 12:03 PM
I got my Thanksgiving turkey today. There is a supermarket that offers a free turkey if you spend so much money each week using your "Bonus card". My mom shops there every week, but I do not because I feel its too expensive of a market. Though I happen to have a bonus card because they do occasionally have great Buy-one-get-one deals, and you need the Bonus card to get the freebie.

Anyway, I was in the market trying to use the coupon my mom gave me, but apparently, you need to use the same Bonus card that earned the turkey to get the turkey. Since my mom earned it, and gave me the coupon, I tried to use my own Bonus card (which was woefully below the earning turkey limit) and the computer wouldn't allow me to get my free turkey. I almost started panicking wondering how I could explain to everyone why we had Thanksgiving frozen pizza instead of Thanksgiving turkey.

But, my cat rescue came to my rescue... I was wearing my volunteer sweatshirt, and the cashier said "since you are from a cat rescue, I'll ring you through." She has three cats that are the loves of her life, and figured I can't be so bad if I have a cat rescue sweatshirt on! Many thanks to my rescue, they saved me $20 and made my day! :D :D :D

kimlovescats
11-22-2004, 12:22 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

rg_girlca
11-22-2004, 12:47 PM
Wow, that is so great Kim. :)

jazzcat
11-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Hey that's great!!!!

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
That is great. Nothing like saving money.

AmberLee
11-22-2004, 01:23 PM
Heart-warming!!!

christa
11-22-2004, 06:15 PM
You'd better make sure to share some of that turkey with your kitties!!!

I know mine absolutely LOVE turkey!!!

Share the love!!!

;)

QueenScoopalot
11-22-2004, 08:07 PM
WOW You lucked out! Great deal...maybe a lucky shirt for future deals too LOL! :D

catmandu
11-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Your Cats,are rapaying,you,for your kindness,and will keep,on repaying you,because they LIKE you.

NoahsMommy
11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Oh Kim, that's a wonderful story. :)

As my mom frequently says, "there are angels amoung us". :)