PDA

View Full Version : OMG, I totally messed up!!! :(

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
I feel horrible!! :( I sent everyone's paychecks to them on Friday, or held them out so they could pick them up...UNSIGNED!!

We get our paychecks from ADP, a payroll company that sends them to you after you call the payroll in. You get them hand delivered the following day.

I didn't know they required a signature, it was my first time sending them out. When I called the person who is kind of training me, I said, "OK, I got the checks from the delivery guy. I just photocopy them and send them out, right?" and she said, "yes". I'm new to this type of thing, and now that I think about it, of course someone would need to sign a paycheck....duh!! I should have known that. :(

What a dork, I feel so dumb. :( :( :( This is my third week and I haven't messed anything up. This'll cover that track record. :rolleyes:

moosmom
11-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Kelly,

Everyone makes mistakes and I'm sure they'll realize that. Hope everything else is going well.

((((hugs))))

Donna

micki76
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
LOL, don't feel bad Kelly. I run payroll checks for all 4 of our companies every week. I run the checks, sign them, sort them, and prepare all the reports and send it all to each branch manager. Twice I've sent them without a signature, and I'm the one who signs them! :o I nearly sent them to the wrong branch once, but caught it just before I shipped them, thank goodness!

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 11:00 AM
That makes me feel better, Micki. :) Thanks.

I talked to the person who kind of trains me and she said its happened before. I guess that's a bit better.

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 11:11 AM
It will be ok Kelly. You're still fairly new and people will understand that. Just put it in your mental note bank and everything will be ok.

ramanth
11-22-2004, 12:00 PM
It's okay Kelly. *hugs*

Now where's my money!? ;) :D

catnapper
11-22-2004, 12:23 PM
You can;t be too hard on yourself. Where I worked, they had a payroll company and the checks were all direct deoposited, so the stubs that came from the payroll company didn't need signing. One time they switched payroll companies, but the checks had to be real, auithentic checks. The person who was in charge of them forgot she ever had to sign checks (and has been with the comany for a hundred years!) and she sent out TWO WEEKS in a row, unsinged checks.

Even the old pros don't sign checks occassionally.

RICHARD
11-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Pretend you are a movie star and people are desperate to get your "autograph".....:D

When life give you unsigned checks...
Make lemonade!:D

kimlovescats
11-22-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh Kelly, it's OK .... Bet you'll never do that again!!! That is the bright side!!!:eek: :rolleyes: ;)

gini
11-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Kelly, don't be so hard on yourself! EVERYONE makes mistakes............and all will be forgiven!

catlover4ever
11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
Kelly, don't be so hard on yourself.....we all make mistakes....the Good Lord knows I have made many, many in my lifetime...but if you did not make a mistake..how would you learn.

petslover
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey! Everyone does makes mistakes. You wouldn't be human if you didn't make mistakes. Everything will be okay.

slick
11-22-2004, 03:23 PM
Kelly don't feel bad.....a short story

1986. I had just started a job as Public Relations Secretary for the same company I work for now. A new PR Director came on board and wanted to send a letter to all the media (TV, Radio, Print) announcing her arrival. Back then we did not have computers so I had to type the letter out, leaving the inside address blank, then have her sign it, then photocopy however many were to be sent out. Then one by one, insert each letter back into the typewriter and fill in the inside address.

A few days after the letters were mailed (probably about 100 of them) she got a phone call from a friend of hers who worked at a local Radio station.

....it seems that I left the "L" out in the word "Public" and so it was signed from the Pubic Relations Director. :eek: :eek: :o

micki76
11-22-2004, 07:13 PM
LOL Slick, that's hilarious! :D I can only imagine how bad you must have felt!

Unless you really didn’t like her and had an unconscious desire to embarrass her! ;)

slick
11-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by micki76
LOL Slick, that's hilarious! :D I can only imagine how bad you must have felt! Unless you really didn’t like her and had an unconscious desire to embarrass her! ;)
Actually we had a great laugh about it. I worked with her for two years, then moved on to the IT Dept of the same company. She remained the Director until 4 years ago when she retired. We still remain VERY close and she's the big sister I never had. I just love her to bits.

micki76
11-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by slick
Actually we had a great laugh about it. I worked with her for two years, then moved on to the IT Dept of the same company. She remained the Director until 4 years ago when she retired. We still remain VERY close and she's the big sister I never had. I just love her to bits.

Well yeah, I guess that's the kind of thing you either laugh about together or get fired for, huh? :D

smokey the elder
11-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Ouch. Talk about your Freudian slips!!:p ;)