PDA

View Full Version : cage?

bizdevguy
01-15-2001, 10:08 AM
I agree with the person who had questions about the cage? Isn't there something else you can do for them? I watch Animal Planet a lot, and they always say that certain animals are not meant to be pets. I guess I just need to be educated a little more on whether they mean cougars. Believe me, I am a huge animal lover (and owner of a former dog of the day), so I am just curious....

AllCritters
01-16-2001, 07:09 AM
The cage requirements are set down by Florida Fish and Game, USDA, and the Department of the Interior. Our cages are built to the specifications set aside for Tigers not cougars. Our facility is way overbuilt in not only size but also in wire size and strength. Every precaution is taken to keep not only the cats protected but also the public. Our cages cost were well over $10,000 3 years ago.

Our future goals are to build a compound of 2 acres with a 15' tall fence complete with a protected habitat. We will also then surround that compound with a 8' protective fence for Cindy and Romeo. One which they would be able to not only interact better with Robin and myself, but to also enter into selected areas of our home.

I hope this helps

Doc

Elizabeth
01-16-2001, 05:27 PM
I'd like an enclosure like that for my Husky!!!!

tatsxxx11
01-16-2001, 05:45 PM
I'm sure Romeo and Cindy will love their new digs. Good luck with your huge undertaking! Please keep us updated on your progress!! Hugs to all the creatures.

Daisy's Mom
01-16-2001, 05:48 PM
Wow that sounds nice! Thank you for taking such good care of them... and I think you taught us all something too.