PDA

View Full Version : Anyone making Thanksgiving dinner this year,and for how many guests?

Christiansmommy
11-22-2004, 09:47 AM
This will be my first year doing Thanksgiving dinner...since we have a house that actually has room for it now! There will be 11 people...so not too big...just enough for a first timer :) I am looking forward to it...i can't wait to decorate/set the table and smell all of the yummy pies baking...anyway, i just love this time of year...

Who else is serving Thanksgiving dinner this year? And how many guests are you having?

:)

Tonya
11-22-2004, 09:58 AM
Nope! We're staying in a cabin at Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Mike and Jaden are going to snowboard while I gamble. :D

Samantha Puppy
11-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh hell no! :) My parents are having dinner and it'll only be them and my husband and I. My brother and his fiance are spending Thanksgiving with her family because her mom's mother just passed away. Then we'll be heading down to my husband's great aunt's house to have our second dinner. I'll be gaining back all the weight I lost!

I think this is the way our holidays will go until my husband and I start our family and won't want to deal with packing up the kids and going somewhere - we'll make them come to us and start a new tradition.

kimlovescats
11-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Yes, I will be cooking again. I took the last two years off, had everyone meet at Cracker Barrel. I decided that I don't know how many more years I will be blessed with having both of my parents, so I would make the effort again this year! I know it will be me and hubby and my parents, and probably my youngest daughter. Not sure about the new mom and baby yet! I think they may pop in and out, as they have lots of relative that want to get their hands on Jenna!;)

tatsxxx11
11-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Oh what fun you're going to have Robyn! The mantle has been passed to a new generation!:) Wow, 11 people!:eek: You're brave:D I wish you all the best in your new home and have a wonderful holiday! Here's it's just going to be me and my husband and the furkids and my mother in law. My father is very ill in Fla. and my father in law also unable to travel due to a stroke he's recovering from, so this time it will be just a few:(

Tina
11-22-2004, 10:40 AM
No but I'd rather be having Thanksgiving here. :( We are going to sister-in-law's. I really dred it! I don't wanna be around her bratty son.:mad: I know Kaitlynn wants to see her cousin though. Hopefully he won't be to bad. I'm not sure how many of us will be there.

We will be having Thanksgiving with my parents on Sunday.:)

micki76
11-22-2004, 10:52 AM
Yep, just for me & Hubby! :D :D :D

Corinna
11-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Yep I got thanksgiving a gain , Only 5 People Clarissa& Roger (daughter&sil), Ben (son) ,and TiM(hubby)

pitc9
11-22-2004, 03:54 PM
My hubby and I flying out Wednesday evening to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, brother-in-law and my 3 year old niece in Seligman, Missouri. I think we'll be having dinner with her in-laws also. So there will be about 7 people.

Cookiebaker
11-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Yes, I am doing Thankgiving Feast again this year!! (I did it 2 years ago). I am so excited, and so frantic at the same time.

Tonight, I am cleaning the house.
Tuesday is List Making & Shopping (and we are also have a Thanksgiving Service at Church)
Wednesday night is ahead prep (Quick Breads, pies)
Thursday is Everything Else!!

It will be 8 people, and I think that that is an awesome number! :)

petslover
11-22-2004, 05:08 PM
I'm not traveling anywhere for Thanksgiving. All my family is coming to my house. I'm not cooking though. My mom is doing all the cooking hehe. It'll be me, my parents, furkids of course, my 4 cousins, uncle, and grandma. so thats 9 people coming to my house. I gotta the rooms up tomorrow to look nice for everyone.

catnapper
11-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Yup, Thanksgiving will be at our place. We were initially going to have 18 people, but are down to a very managable 8. I still got a 23 pound turkey because we LOVE cold turkey leftovers! :D

The good thing is Hubby does ALL the cooking, and I am not allowed to step foot in the kitchen. Can life get any better? :D