PDA

View Full Version : Junior Showmanship Classes

Giselle
11-22-2004, 02:49 AM
As the days go by, I can't help but wonder if I should start myself in Jr. Showmanship. From what I've read, Jr. Showmanship is not judging your dog but you and the way you handle. I just finished reading the FAQs and it appears that I am able to show Giselle (owned by me), who is eligible for an ILP. According to the AKC, my dog and I fit the requirements, and I'm deciding whether or not I should do this. It also says that the classes are free or available for a small fee. The only problem is that I'm not exactly sure who to contact (exactly *who* is my local kennel club?), and I'm not totally sure if I want to get myself into conformation. I hear that some Jr's take it to heart and are very passionate, let's just say...What do you think I should do?

kimboe
11-22-2004, 03:10 AM
I think that you should go. I mean you do fit the requirments to do so. Do it. It will be fun for you and your pup, and it's always fun to take risks like that.:)

RobiLee
11-22-2004, 07:45 AM
I say give it a try. You want know how you feel about it til you try it. Good Luck!

Robin :)

bckrazy
11-22-2004, 12:32 PM
:D you should totally do it! One of my friends shows her families Dalmatians, and they love it. I guess it can be time consuming... just depends on how serious you are, like if you plan to breed your dog or want to get her to her championship, or if you're just doing it for fun. I would show my dogs, but I know they'd much rather be doing Agility or Flyball (Gonzo) or just sitting at home sleeping (Ben) ^^ than running around a show ring. Also, Gonzo is only ABCA registered, not AKC, and we don't plan to register him.