PDA

View Full Version : I cut Reece's ears off again :o

aly
11-22-2004, 01:08 AM
My boyfriend and I tackled Reece tonight in my second attempt to groom him myself. It was easier this time (last time I had to take him in to the professional groomer to fix my butcher job :o ). We could have done MUCH better, but I think we did okay since we're not pro's :) I did cut his ears REALLY short again because his long ears make it worse for his chronic yeast infections. I know its not anywhere close to a Poodle cut or anything and the professional groomers on this board might not wanna look!!! :eek:

http://rescuedpaws.com/reececut.jpg

The nakedness around his nose is there from a bacterial infection that flares up every so often from the yeast infections :(

http://rescuedpaws.com/reececut2.jpg

luckies4me
11-22-2004, 01:10 AM
Hehe, he looks so cute! :D I think you did a fantastic job. :)

cloverfdx
11-22-2004, 05:51 AM
I think you did a great job Aly, Reece looks very handsome with his new do. :)

GraciesMommy
11-22-2004, 05:55 AM
What do you have to do for the yeast infections? Is he on routine meds for them? Poor guy

The grooming job is not bad at all..is he all poodle or mix?

Cookiebaker
11-22-2004, 06:21 AM
I think you did an awesome job, Aly!! I don't think I would have even noticed that it wasn't done by a professional!

On a side note, what do you do for his yeast infections??? I am battling with one in Malone's ears for the past 3-4 weeks. We took him to the vet, and we have medication that we put in there but we haven't really noticed a difference. I clean his ears out ever 2-3 days, and put the meds in 1-2 times/week.

true
11-22-2004, 06:40 AM
my neighbor with a cocker swears by giving yogurt to her dog to prevent yeast.

you might as well try it, its inexpensive.

RobiLee
11-22-2004, 07:14 AM
I think you did a wonderful job. Reece is such a cutie. I was a little bit worried when you said you cut his ears off ;)

Robin :)

Rachel
11-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Heehee, Reecy looks a bit like Hannah (and she does go to a groomer) so don't be so critical of yourself. You did good.

petslover
11-22-2004, 07:16 AM
I was thinking she cut his ears off too. lol. The haircut does look very nice.

Karen
11-22-2004, 07:36 AM
I think he looks very handsome, and his ears look just fine with the cut he currently has! He's much curlier and his ears are longer than when we saw him in Texas. I think you did a fine job, shorter "haircuts" are coming into Vogue again, and Reese is just on the cutting edge! (pun intended)

He looks no less of a snugglebuddy, either.

Good job!

ramanth
11-22-2004, 08:47 AM
I think he looks adorable! :D

4 Dog Mother
11-22-2004, 08:58 AM
Having started giving haircuts to my dogs also, I think you did a great job. Jack hates being brushed so the standard Airdale cut doesn't work very well for him. Plus he has allergies so it seems to work better for him if his hair is just cut short all over. The only thing is he doesn't like his legs touched so it gets tricky when you are doing it by yourself.

Taggert has such thick fur that as soon as it gets warm out he pants and pants so I started keeping his fur short this summer after having it done professionally first. I also had Dazzi done in the summer and I may keep them both moderately trimmed during the winter. Their trims make for a lot less hair in my house.

I have also done Oreo because her hair is long and stringy. I can't do her by myself and she has to be muzzled too. She hates it but for a lot of reasons it needs to be kept short.

You really did a great job, Aly!

micki76
11-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Alyson! YOu scared me half to death! :eek: I thought you had accidentally cut off a part of one of his ears!

I think he looks very cute. :) Like a little puppy!

Tina
11-22-2004, 09:41 AM
He is so cute!:)

pitc9
11-22-2004, 10:21 AM
I think you did a great job!!!

sammy101
11-22-2004, 10:32 AM
i thought that you ment it Literally?!!:eek: but i saw that his ears are still there,:p lol. He looks great!i tihnk you did a wonderful job:)

jazzcat
11-22-2004, 11:29 AM
He does look adorable. Disney sends him big wags!

aly
11-22-2004, 03:12 PM
OPPS :o SORRY! I didn't mean to trick anyone with my weird terminology, hehe. I meant EAR HAIR, not EARS :o

The groomer cut his ears short once in the past (when I didn't want them to) and it ended up being great for his ear infections. So although he doesn't look too Poodley or Bichony anymore, it'll be better for his health. And it doesn't really take them too long to grow out anyway.

Reece is mostly Poodle and I think a little Bichon, but that is a guess. If its not Bichon, he might just be a poorly bred Poodle. Its really hard to tell with all of his fluff in the way so I try to judge his features when he's wet (but then he looks like a drowned rat!!! hehe).

For his yeast infections, I do everything ... yogurt, ear cleaning, medication, ear drying powder, etc etc. He has seen 5 different vets and we still haven't found a solution that gets rid of them permanently :( I will definately let you guys know when I do find what works best. I am determined to find a cure for him.

GoldenRetrLuver
11-22-2004, 03:26 PM
Awww! Reece does look like a puppy! He's adorable, and I also think you did a great job. :)

Amber
11-22-2004, 03:39 PM
yikes! I thought too you cutted off his ears!! :eek:

good thing you didn't ;) I think he looks great! You did a awesome job!

KYS
11-22-2004, 05:50 PM
I think Reese looks adorable with his hair cut. :)

GraciesMommy
11-22-2004, 06:16 PM
My mom has to AKC bichons and they are poodle cut and look just like him so I bet he does have bichon in him, regardless he is a pretty boy!

aly
11-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Ohhh, you should post some pics of your mom's Bichons! And post more pics of Gracie while you're at it :D

When Reece is in a certain cut, he looks even more Bichon than Poodle. My boyfriend calls him a Boodle :) Last night he was a Noodle though (naked Poodle!)

lovemyshiba
11-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Awwwwwwww!!!!

My little Reece man!!!!

I think you did a great job Aly--he looks as handsome as ever!!!

We had a full grooming day here yesterday as well--baths, nail clipping, feet hair trimming--what a day!!

shais_mom
11-22-2004, 10:43 PM
great Job Aly!! :)

RottiMommy49
11-23-2004, 12:38 AM
What a relief to read you didn't cut his ear off...phew I was affraid to read the post.:o

I think you did a great job, believe me I have seen many haircuts done by groomers and they look bad.
Excellent job!
And best of all he still has his ear.:D

Give him a big hug for me.
Deb, Mr. Monty and Miss Kiki:)

tomkatzid
11-23-2004, 03:27 AM
Nina thinks Reese loos great. She said she would rather have your cut her hair than me any day !!!!
Katz

ChrisH
11-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Great job, Aly! Reese looks adorable. :)