PDA

View Full Version : Cindy

andi666
01-15-2001, 07:35 AM
I couldn't tell you how much I would love to interact with a Big Cat. I don't know how I feel about owning one as a pet.

margaret
01-15-2001, 09:06 AM
Congratulations to Cindy on being Pet of the Day! She is just beautiful. I think cougars and other big cats are gorgeous. Like Andi666, I would love someday to be able to interact with a big cat (I don't think it'll ever happen to me, though!). I truly admire those who have the desire, the resources, the patience, the love, the intelligence, the responsibility, the wisdom, and the commitment, like Cindy's (and Romeo's!) owners do, to take care of a big cat. It's certainly not for everyone. I wish you all the best and thank you so much for sharing your beautiful animal with us. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

lhg0962
01-15-2001, 09:07 AM
Well, Cindy really is beautiful. I'm struggling with the life in a cage part though. I guess since these animals have been domesticated and have no claws (missed that on the first reading)there would be no way to allow them to run free. Sounds like you are providing excellent care for them and lots of love though. I actually didn't even realize that people actually breed animals like this on purpose.
Congratulations on being the most unusual "Pet of the Day", Cindy.

[This message has been edited by lhg0962 (edited January 15, 2001).]

AdoreMyDogs
01-15-2001, 10:38 AM
I, too, struggle with the cage part, as well as the fact that the caretakers of this magnificant wild animal had it spayed and declawed. I live near Detroit (thank goodness not too close though) and there have been tons of wild exotics that have been declawed and detoothed by drug dealers who buy this beautiful, baby animals, only to find out they are not pets. They end up being dumped at the shelters, and guess what??? The shelters can't relocate them to zoos because either the zoos are all full of other "homeless" wild animals or they have been declawed and detoothed.

I love these animals in the wild, I love watching them on the nature shows, but I think it's way out of line to own one as a pet. They simply are not made for the life of a house pet. I get monthly newsletters from MHS (Michigan Humane Society) and in just about every newsletter there's stories of lions, cougars, tigers, monkeys, and other exotic animals who had all of their natural defense taken away from them, leaving some crippled, on top of being underfed and under nourished. They were usually owned by drug dealers and then when they out grew their "house pet" size, they were either dumped at MHS or they were confiscated. They usually end up being put to sleep either because they have no room for them in the zoos or because they can't be put in with other animals due to the loss of their defense.

Cindy is truly beautiful. Sorry to not agree with the owning of her as a "pet" though. I just don't think it's kind to the animal and it's just plain dangerous to the human caretakers.

tatsxxx11
01-15-2001, 03:53 PM
Congratulations Cindy! This is !!!YOUR!!! special day and I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart for being picked as the "Pet of the Day!" No doubt you are very, very loved and adored by caring, commited and responsible humans with the best, most loving of intentions. I wish you and your RESCUED brother Romeo a very special day of recognition for the magnificent animals you are!

Elizabeth
01-15-2001, 06:35 PM
I think it's better for them to be someone's "pet" than to be ruthlessly and cruelly hunted for sport. Thanks for rescueing them!!!

Angels3
01-16-2001, 12:58 AM
You're alive & safe & well & looking beautiful, Cindy... probably because you were rescued. I agree entirely with Elizabeth's comment.