PDA

View Full Version : It makes me sad :(

Tina
11-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Maybe I should not say anything. But I can't help it I have done posted pictures of my dogs 2 times in the past couple of days. I have only got maybe 4 or 7 replies if I am lucky.

I know there are a few people don't like me here. And I know people are going say I shouldn't worry about it. But I have to say I do worry about it. But I just don't understand why I don't get a few more replies to my pictures. Maybe I should not whine. I have not said anything in the past since I just didn't want people think I'm silly.

It is not just me though. I've seen picture post by other members get maybe 2 or 4 post and someone else posts pictures they get 14 replies. Maybe I should not say anything. I know this will probably make people not like me more. I just don't think it is fair.

I do love it here and love share pictures. :) I just wish more people would least try to comment every once in awhile to my picture post. :(

Oh, well I'm done now. Go ahead and blast me now.:( :(

flamepony12
11-21-2004, 08:42 PM
it's okay, I understand all the way. I dont get very many replies either~ sometimes i have to bump a thread 2wice and i still dont get replies. I hope no one tries and blames you for this~ it happens to lots of people. Most people just dont want to say it out loud, because they think people will get mad at them~ I think it is good that you made this thread. :)
~Devon :)

KYS
11-21-2004, 08:44 PM
I believe Karen our moderater once posted:
It's not the number of posts one gets, but
the number of hits "views".

Hope that makes you feel a bit better,
it does me. :)

Samantha Puppy
11-21-2004, 08:51 PM
No, I understand where you're coming from Tina. I see the same thing with some of the pics I post, which is why I do whatever I can to make the title of the thread seem extra interesting. I love all the pictures I post of Samantha and I just like for everyone else to gush as much as I do.

Unfortunately, my job has become such so that I do not have a lot of time to post replies to other people's posts and when I do have some free time, there are *so* many new posts I can't possibly respond to all. I hope that is the case for other people on here as well. I don't know of anyone that dislikes me outright so I hope that's not a reason some of my Samantha posts don't get tons of replies.

I have to say, the people in Cat General are really good about getting around to everyone... makes me feel guilty for not being able to do the same, but again like I said - I really do try when I have the time...

catnapper
11-21-2004, 08:52 PM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, thats why I never go to the dog side. I occasionally will start a thread about Nicki because I've had a personal request for pics... and I get 3 replies. I'd LOVE to get 7!

As for the number of hit? I even then only get 25-30 some hits. Its very sad for me to get all excited to post about my Nicki and then nothing comes from it. Half the time, I swear half those hits are from me checking to see if anyone replied! LOL

micki76
11-21-2004, 08:55 PM
That's one of the reasons that I rarely post pics or videos anymore. I don't think I've gotten more than three or four replies to my posts with videos.

The last few times I've posted pics, I got a few replies. It's usually the same people (which I'm happy that they're looking). I don't even care so much about the replies, but the last few times it just seemed like no one was even viewing them.

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM
I'm sorry if I don't reply to all the threads. Sometimes I am really busy so I just look at them and sometimes I don't know what to say. I do enjoy all the threads/posts/pictures though:) It vary's with me sometimes when I post things, sometimes I get 3-4 replies and other times I get 8-12.

Aspen and Misty
11-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Thats why I no longer post pictures of my animals, ever. I never get replys. Thats why I don't make many threads about anything any more. I normally never get a reply. So, I've given up and just stoped posting.

Ashley

GraciesMommy
11-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Tina...and the rest..lol
I feel the same way sometimes...its very frustrating especially when you ask a question and see that there were over 75 views and maybe a couple posts at best..you have your select few that are always so good to reply to everyone they can..and others that will only post to the same people..even a "gee, I don't know the answer but hope things work out!" would be nice.

I just try to help where I can, welcome people, post happy birthdays and be a good member...

And if we are all feeling the same way...then maybe we should be watching out for each other and making sure we do post..lol
at least we would be getting some posts!!
:p

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-21-2004, 09:04 PM
I also think the people in Dog general don't get alot of replies becasue there aren't really alot of PT'ers in there very often anymore:( Atleast when I'm around anyway.

GraciesMommy
11-21-2004, 09:07 PM
I dont even go thru the particular topic areas..I constantly stay updated by 'viewing new posts" which keeps ALL topics up..so I just go down the line..

catnapper
11-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
I also think the people in Dog general don't get alot of replies becasue there aren't really alot of PT'ers in there very often anymore:( Atleast when I'm around anyway.
Probably because most people are set to invisible mode. You'd be surprised how many people are probably floating around. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Probably because most people are set to invisible mode. You'd be surprised how many people are probably floating around. :)

You can set yourself to invisible mode? I didn't know that.

Cookiebaker
11-21-2004, 09:13 PM
You know, I think EVERYBODY feels this way at one point or another. I know that I have, but then the feeling will go away after a while.

And what I realize too, is I love it when people respond to my threads. And that means that just as much, other people want me to respond to their threads, too. So, when it bothers you that nobody replies to your threads, make a difference to someone else's day and compliment their thread!!! And that helps to take the blues away. :)

GraciesMommy
11-21-2004, 09:13 PM
At the moment there are over 40 on the boards...that is quite a few~

jazzcat
11-21-2004, 09:40 PM
I've been in that boat with you guys too but just on the dog side. I don't post much about Disney because I never got good responses but then I had a few kind people request pictures of her and the responses have been better. I did post some pictures of her last week and got 13 replies which is doing great for me and Diz. I will admit that I'm not too about replying on the dog side so I really shouldn't complain I guess. After I post away on the cat side I'm usually worn out by the time I visit dog general. I'll try to work on that.

sammy101
11-21-2004, 09:45 PM
i feel the same way too sometimes.Sometimes i wonder if its because people dont know me that well?? Ive been on here since May,but im happy if i atleast get one Reply.:) Probably the most replys that i got with a picture thread was 8,but i dont really mind too much.

catfancier
11-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Hi Tina,
I'd say don't take it personally - I haven't had many replies to my posts so I don't post a lot, I also think it's because I'm still relatively new, and I think I went about things the wrong way - not posting pics of my pets and talking about them first, I just kind of barrelled on in with opinions and advice, then talked about who I am... I also find that I don't come here as often as I like, so I only skim through a few posts at a time and quite often don't reply, unless there is something I can contribute.
Cheer up :) I haven't seen the pics of your pets, but I'm sure they're all adorable. I know that you love them a lot.

Edwina's Secretary
11-21-2004, 10:21 PM
Okay....just a "what goes around" thought here. When I see someone post and not get many responses I make it a special point to write a response...both because "I know how it feels" but also as a positive way to bump a thread up!

Try it!

Karen
11-21-2004, 10:40 PM
You should always know that we love seeing people's pet's pictures. Even if we do not all get a chance to post, happy, healthy loved pets always make us smile.

As someone quoted me earlier, remember to look at "views" - because lots of us may look, but not feel like we have anything intelligent or pertinent to say!It seems like just posting another "How cute" would seem meaningless after a time, even though it's always true!

And where would we be without people being willing to share their pictures? It is a lot of work, and a high bar for some to get over, but it is one of the things that makes Pet Talk a fun place!

(And yes, I know I don't post enough pictures, either!)

cloverfdx
11-21-2004, 10:41 PM
Okay....just a "what goes around" thought here. When I see someone post and not get many responses I make it a special point to write a response...both because "I know how it feels" but also as a positive way to bump a thread up!
I do that ;).

Karen
11-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Oh, and try, as someone mentioned, to title your thread something interesting! With ll the active threads and topics at any given time, calling a thread "dog pictures" isn't going to draw people in. But saying "Amazingly Clean Dog pictures" would be more interesting for an after-bath photo shoot. Or "happy silly dogs" or something non-generic will help draw people in, and perhaps help inspire posts!

GoldenRetrLuver
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry, Tina. I know I've been "slacking off" a bit lately as well, but my life is getting pretty busy now, with school especially. I don't have nearly the amount of time I used to have to go on the computer.

I've noticed the board starts to pick back up around summertime, when people don't have school or work.

I, personally, love seeing EVERYone's pictures, and even though I may not respond, I hope no one thinks I don't appreciate them! :)

Cookiebaker
11-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Another thing I try to do sometimes is instead of browsing from the top of the page (newest posts) I start from the bottom. And that way I catch some of the threads that are almost ready to hit the second page and bump those ones back to the top.

DogLover9501
11-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
I have to say, the people in Cat General are really good about getting around to everyone

I'm not going to get too much into this, but I have to agree with this.

In CG, you could post pictures 2-3-4 days in a row and still get alot of replies, but in DG I try to wait as long as I can because it seems if you post pictures twice in one week, you won't get many replies the second time.

I also think the difference is because people have favorite breeds and most like bigger dogs(if I post pictures of just the little dogs, I won't get many replies), as to on the cat side there aren't really many different sizes/breeds, so there isn't a problem like that.

Just my opinions.

I do try to reply to everyone, because I love getting replies and I love reading them, so I like to reply to everyone else because I just figure that they feel the same as I do about getting replies!

And also because when I look at the pictures, something usually pops into my mind to say about the pictures or the pets in them :)

*EDIT* I forgot to add something, I never say anything about it because I don't want people to reply just to reply, like to say something "just because" even though they don't really want to say something.

popcornbird
11-21-2004, 11:29 PM
I'm sorry you feel that way Tina. :(

Personally, I haven't been replying to a lot of posts lately, only because I've been very busy and have a lot of other things occupying my mind right now. I've really been 'scanning through' PT lately, and not paying attention to EVERY thread like I used to. I'm just busy with school, etc. Sadly, I don't have time like I used to. Sometimes I don't even get a chance to view Dog General for days straight. Sometimes I miss viewing Cat General for days too. I try to keep up with General and Pet General, but even that gets hard at times. I really don't think people intend to 'not reply. Sometimes they don't have time to view every thread, and sometimes, they're quickly browsing PT, take a look at several picture threads, and enjoy them, but don't get a chance to respond.

Hopefully things will get better soon, when everyone's on winter break. I'm sorry I haven't been replying to most people lately. I just don't have enough time right now. :( Not only am I busy, but the days are so darn short! Can't get anything done in the winter.

wolf_Q
11-21-2004, 11:44 PM
I think Pet Talk is going through a "dry spell" in a way. It seems like it always gets like this around this time of the year. There are periods when people have more time to post, and there are times when they don't. People are busy with the holidays right now.

For me personally I haven't felt like posting because Pet Talk just hasn't seem that inviting to me right now. It could just be my mood, but the general atmosphere hasn't been that pleasant to me. That's why I stopped posting for a while. I have still browsed the forum and I have enjoyed the pictures I just have not been able to bring myself to post. Usually I do try to reply to the majority of the picture threads, at least in dog general.

Corinna
11-22-2004, 12:38 AM
Thank you Amy I was just going to say that a dry spell I have noticed not as many on as usual. Last night when I signed off there were only 3 showing and it stated 6 on line so 3 were invisable. I know I'm trying to get ready for the only craft show I do all year.
What you cat people also have to remember we doggy folks have to walk and exercise our babies that requires getting a way from the computer for long periods of time. I love seeing the pics but alot of time every one has said what I would and it doesn't make a thread intresting to keep reading "Cutie or How Cute" I love the ones that add a story makes me want to wait for it all to load as I have a slower computer and dial up modem .

cloverfdx
11-22-2004, 05:43 AM
Corinna is right about having to get our canine friends out for walks and training classes, so alot of the time some of us do not have as much time to spend on the computer. Alot of the times my threads in Cat general get bumped down pretty quickly, so i tend to stay away and not post too often over there ;).

dukedogsmom
11-22-2004, 06:16 AM
I know how you feel, too. I busted my butt editing about 8 videos from my trip and I think 4 people replied. It happens to us all. And no, the views don't make me feel any better. But, it's also hard to reply to everyone. With all the crap that's been going on here lately with a few new ones, I've been lurking more than posting. Got tired of all the drama.

robinh
11-22-2004, 08:13 AM
I consider myself a "thread killer", but be assured I try to read all the posts. I do have trouble opening the picture threads at home (very slow dial up connection) so any pciture looking gets done at work when I can. I love to read all the posts though. I try to keep up on the health and wellbeing of all of the dogs. I've been lucky to be able to use a lot of what I've learned here on my own doggies.

ramanth
11-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I don't hate anyone here. I've just been too busy, both with work and with Andy to get to every thread. I enjoy looking but don't always have time to reply.

:)

K9soul
11-22-2004, 09:19 AM
I wanted to reply quick this morning before I get going on work. This is an issue that I really worry over, I see some people only get 3-4 replies at times and I feel badly about it and worry about it. I don't want anyone to feel hurt or discouraged from posting. Personally I have been under a LOT of pressure with work, working extra, even working weekends. My work involves typing for hours, so when I get done, I will often browse PT at least a bit and enjoy the threads. I am sure I miss threads, but I also feel guilty if I respond to one or two and leave others. I'm afraid people will get the message it's something personal that I didn't respond to them in particular while I responded to someone else. When I get done with work, I feel so typed out sometimes I can't stand to sit and type more, yet feel that if I respond to one person I should respond to as many as I can. Thus I end up not responding to anyone sometimes.

I think others have limited time sometimes and go straight to the threads of people they know better or have met. I notice some people seem to only really respond to people they really know, and that's fine, I understand they want to spend what time they have responding to their friends. I do think it's nice if people can occasionally try to make a point of welcoming someone new or responding to a thread with very few replies. I wonder if there are more members on the Dog side than the cat. You would think that would mean more replies, but not necessarily if there are so many new threads that people feel too overwhelmed to reply to any. Sometimes I do a better job keeping up with Pet General because there are only a handful of new posts there a day, sometimes only 1 or 2.

I cherish everyone's posts and pictures, and I'm sure that many others feel the same way. I hope that this thread will give some reassurance to those who feel left out. I will continue to try to see and respond as much as I can. I just tend to feel if I respond to post A, and not post B, then the other poster may feel bad, yet after typing all day it can be really hard to try to type more by typing meaningful responses to everyone.

Tina
11-22-2004, 09:40 AM
I really do understand people being busy as I get busy myself. No I don't have a job away from home or go to school. But I do have a full time job here at home taking care of my kids and taking care of our house.

I guess I really don't have a right to complain since I don't get the time to reply to all the picture threads. I do try my best to.

It is just it happens alot not just during these busy periods or dry periods here at Pet Talk. :(

This is one reason I don't even want to bother posting pictures as much. I do love sharing pictures but sometimes I don't think it is worth resizing them and posting them. :(

Maybe I should not feel that way. It is hard sometimes.

Like I said I do enjoy it here seeing pictures of other peoples pets.:)

pitc9
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
As you can see Tina, you are not alone!

That's why I don't post pictures! I just look at other people's pictures!!!

CountryWolf07
11-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by micki76
That's one of the reasons that I rarely post pics or videos anymore. I don't think I've gotten more than three or four replies to my posts with videos.

The last few times I've posted pics, I got a few replies. It's usually the same people (which I'm happy that they're looking). I don't even care so much about the replies, but the last few times it just seemed like no one was even viewing them.

Ditto.. :)

It's okay though.. It doesn't matter..

slick
11-22-2004, 01:52 PM
In the two years that I've been here, there have been many threads that I've started, then deleted days later because of lack of response. The last time I posted pictures of my kitties I got 5 or 6 responses, so I figured, why take up precious cyberspace. I know that I'm not in the "most popular" gang and I know that my kitties aren't cute little kittens. The fact that I didn't get many replies really did not bother me. I know that my kitties are cute and that's all that matters to me.

I do work full-time and when the boss is around I lurk more than respond. I mainly post during lunch hour or after work. Right now I'm on holidays so will endeavour to get to everyone's threads.

Tina, please don't that it personally. If I don't respond, it's not because I don't want to, and that applies to everyone else's threads as well.

Queen of Poop
11-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I'm relatively new here and I have felt the same way, left out. But I figure if everyone is as busy as I am then I'm really happy to get a reply or two. Often it is that one reply that lets you know that someone took the time today and it makes my heart feel good. I got one reply today to my post about Sebastians upcoming surgery and it's lifted my spirits and I'm not quite so scared about it.

carole
11-22-2004, 03:07 PM
Tina my first thread in Dog General, was less than overwhelming, by saying that , I mean the responses were fairly low, and I considered the thread pretty important, it was about what was happening to the Dogs in Greece during the olympics and that you could do something by sending an email to the prime minister, some of you will remember my dismay., but regardless I have ventured there again, not going to let one disappointment put me off, I hope you won't either.

I am more than sure it is nothing personal directed at you alone, judging by the responses here, so take heart in knowing that, and don't give up posting pics or about yourself and your life.

I also try to answer threads that have little replys, because I know how disheartening it can be too.

cheer up, its not that bad really, no-one hates or dislikes you here that I am aware of, so keep coming by please.:)

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by slick
In the two years that I've been here, there have been many threads that I've started, then deleted days later because of lack of response. The last time I posted pictures of my kitties I got 5 or 6 responses, so I figured, why take up precious cyberspace. I know that I'm not in the "most popular" gang and I know that my kitties aren't cute little kittens.

Uh oh, now you're busted! I don't often see threads by you, so when I do, I always get excited. You delete them? Bad, Slick!! At least wait till I get into them!!! ;)

And as far as pictures go, I've always thought you didn't post pictures because you didn't have a digital camera. Now that I know its an option, I think I need some Max and Speckles pictures, like now!! :D

And what's this popular stuff? Silly, Slick...you don't know how much PT benefits from you, do you?? You're poplular to me and to everyone here that knows you.

OK..done with my reprimand. ;)

I agree with looking at the views vs. posts. That way you can tell if people are reading it or not seeing your thread. :)

Corinna
11-22-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm sorry you get upset about people not looking at videos I can't cause my computer is older and it takes 20mintues for a 30 second video . I don't have time to wait so I feel left out when you all post videos. So there is my whine!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
The few times I've posted pictures of my dogs I've had to bump it up to get a decent amount of replies. So I don't put them on often. They do get quite a few views. I don't reply to every post so I can understand people aren't going to reply to every post. I don't take it personally. :)

Katiesmom
11-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Tina, don't feel to bad I've been here almost a year now and I never post anything because I don't see the use in it...no one replies....nor do I get PMs and don't have any friends on my friends list...but I try not to worry about it but on occasions I do find my self wondering why I don't get replies or wonder why I don't have any friends here....but I get over it..so now I lurk around and reply to the ones that I can:D