PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my "Kids"!

AlleyCat
11-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Hi, I'm a newcomer to Pet of the Day. I've been reading Pet of the Day for the past year or so, but I just joined PetTalk last week after finding out that a thread was started for my Cat of the Day (October 17th - Rascal) - it was so heartwarming to read the thread and all its replies that I just had to join PetTalk! Below is my signature with all my "kids" in order of their ages. Rascal and Nikki, both of whom have a little rainbow star by their picture, are Rainbow Bridge babies, having just left us this year :( .. The other four: Onyx, Holly, Millie and Abby are all thriving well. (Except that Holly has stomach cancer - we hope she'll still be with us a while yet.) Thanks for reading and meeting us!

Andrea

Corinna
11-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Welcome to Pet talk glad to always have new folks here.
Iam owned by 3 dogs and 3cats .Also one bunny.

kimlovescats
11-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk .... I look forward to seeing more of your babies.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Welcome to Pet talk. All of you furbabies are precious. I am glad you decided to join us. My name is Katie, and I am owned by 4 cats. Hannah and Puff are my girls, And Stash and Squeekers are my boys. They are in my signature. I am looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading all about your pets. Welcome again:D

jazzcat
11-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah Andrea!! I'm so glad you came over and introduced your babies to us. When I saw your name on the Christmas card list I realized we hadn't been officially introduced to you and your furbabies.

I'm so sorry to hear you lost both Rascal and Nikki this year and about Holly's stomach cancer. I hope she stays healthy and with you for a long time.

Welcome to PT and I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your furbabies.

catnapper
11-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!

I am sad to hear that you lost your little Rascal, who was ecently honored as COTD.

I have a Tabby nameds Abby too! :) I also have three other tabbies (I am just a wee bits nuts about tabbies) and a dog. All 5 my "kids" are in my signature below.

Welcome to Pet Talk, its a great place!

Jods
11-21-2004, 09:44 PM
Welcome to PT hope you'll like it here and I can't wait to hear more about your babies.:D

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Welcome to PT Andrea.:D I'm sorry to hear that you lost two of your furkids and sorry to hear about your other one. This place is great for emotional support if you need it. I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see in my signature and avatar. You've come to wonderful place.:)

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 12:06 AM
I like how some of you refer to your pets as furkids! I am going to start doing that instead of saying "kids" all the time.

jenluckenbach
11-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Welcome!

cubby31682
11-22-2004, 04:59 AM
Welcome to pet talk!

I only have one furykid. He is in my sig below. I am also working on getting a dog and another cat shortly.

Your babies are so cute. But I am sorry to hear about Rascal and Nikki. I hope that Holly will be with you and your family for a long time to come.

catfamily
11-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Happy to meet you and so very sorry for your losses.And I'm sorry for your troubles with Holly's illness.Hopefully she will be with us for a long while without to much pain.Your kids are beautiful.We want to see more pictures..Of course.:)

rosethecopycat
11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Welcome to PT.

We love pictures here.

Mine are below.

:p

sirrahbed
11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome to PT, Andrea! I bet you will love it here:) I have five furkids - below in my siggy. Lizzie & Robbie are the newest and are still babies - 3 month old siblings we got from kimlovescats who is a PT'er here and does rescue work.

catmandu
11-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Welcome,to Pet Talk,and the 13 Found Cats,and I,The Feeder,bid you welcome,as Bela Lugosi,once said.

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 08:46 AM
Welcome to PT!!!! Your babies are adorable. I'm sorry to hear about Holly though. I'll keep her in my prayers.

catlover4ever
11-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Hi and Welcome to Pet Talk. It is wonderful of you to join us. My name is Meg and I am owned by 7 wonderful furkids that you can see in my signature. Welcome again.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Welcome to PT! I'd LOVE to see more pics of your Onyx. As you can see in my siggy and avatar, Tubby is my big black boy, who is fighting chronic renal failure right now.

I know you'll love it here! :D

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 10:10 AM
Tubby's Mom -
I am sorry to hear about Tubby .. If you have questions about his chronic renal failure, feel free to fire them my way. Our first furkid went to the RB due to CRF, so I've been there. It's hard! (A good website to check out is http://www.felinecrf.com - they have lots of information.)

slick
11-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Andrea. You'll love it here. :)

rg_girlca
11-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Welcome to PT Andrea:

My sympathies on the loss of your beloved Rascal and Nikki and
prayers go out for your precious Holly.

All your furkids are so adorable. Looking forward to hearing more from you and of course, seeing more pictures of your crew.:)

joanofark
11-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Welcome to PT! I love your siggy and AV!!! Where did you get them?:)

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 01:58 PM
Thank you! I made the avatar and signature myself. (I'm a freelance graphic designer so I had the software ..) Anyone who wants one just give me a holler.

On another note, poor Onyx seems sick today. I'm worried! She's throwing up just liquid, no solids. She has had a slightly elevated creatine level for a long time but it's always remained the same all this time - now I'm feeling paranoid!

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Update - I was right to be worried about Onyx. She was just too lethargic. I took her in to the vet and poor kitty, she was running a fever of 105 degrees! She was given penicillin and antibiotics to bring that down and fight off whatever virus she's got - we have a kitten we adopted less than 2 weeks ago from a shelter so Onyx probably picked off a virus from her. Everyone always says you know your furkids best, and I'm glad I listened to my gut instincts.

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 09:16 PM
First, a very warm welcome to PT! :) Your furkids are all very cute. I'm so sorry to hear you've lost two in one year, that has to be very hard. :(

I'm glad Onyx is home and so well taken care of. You are an excellent kitty meowmie. :)

I'm Kelly. We have 8 cats, 1 foster kitty, 2 birds and 2 fish. I'm actually looking for a new signature if you happen to have the time. I really like yours, its really cute! Would it be OK to PM you the pictures?

Again, welcome to PT. :D

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 09:31 PM
You certainly can send me the pictures.

Thanks about Onyx - we're still going to recheck her creatine levels again after she's better from this virus but hopefully we won't find anything we don't already know.

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Cool! Thanks :)

How old is Onyx? How long has she been diabetic?

rg_girlca
11-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Oh I'm sorry to hear about your Onyx. I hope and pray that she gets well soon.

That's the problem with some shelter kitties. You just never know what you can bring home to your own.

Is there a chance that the others could catch this virus?

lisalee
11-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Welcomet to Pet Talk:) All of your furbabies are gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about Onyx, i hope he feels better real soon. I'm sorry to hear you lossed Rascal, he was so beautiful.

AlleyCat
11-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Thank you all for your wishes!

As for your questions about Onyx - she has had an elevated creatine level for over a year now - significant enough that our vet worries she is perhaps in early stages of CRF. Our oldest cat had this so we're keeping watch, but so far her levels have stayed very consistent.