PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I am new here

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. Not sure how to work this message board but will try and I hope I do it right! LOL Logan and Carla told me about this board and I thought I would try it out. I might not be able to visit as much as I would like since right now the only place I can get online is at work and I am really not suppose to use the computer at work for "fun" stuff! My online friends call me Doo=^..^= and my fur gang consists of 12 cats, 2 dogs and a bunny, plus I am the mom of the two cats my ex husband owns. My fur gang is kinda complicated because two of my cats live in separate places because of medical issues that won't allow them to be with me. I could go on and on about the gang but will keep it short this post. Most of my gang have some kinda of medical problem that requires daily medication and I am a regular at my vet's hospital. I tease them there saying I might as well direct deposit my paycheck to them because most of it goes there anyway. I am there so much the nurses treat me like one of them! LOL I have 6 diabetic cats(one is FIV+, who lives with a friend), my cat that lives with my ex has a hyperthyroid and is one daily meds. All six of my diabetic cats have allergy problem and a few of them have IBS. One of my diabetcis has a blocked tear duct so gets daily medicne for that. my dog Toby has an enlarged heart and liver and is on a ton of meds. All, I guess of my gang is a rescue of some kind or another. Each one has their own story. My life consist of going to work and taking care of the fur gang, I don't have alot of time for much else. I love taking pictures of them and if I figure out how to post them I will. Well got to get back to work, might try to post more later when i have some free time.

Doo=^..^=

RedHedd
11-21-2004, 04:26 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! If that pic is an example of your cat collection, we MUST see more! S/he's beautiful!

catnapper
Welcome to PT!

Sounds like you have a very busy time taking care of your cats. You are a saint to have so many special needs cats. My name is Kim, and I have 4 cats and a dog, as seen in my signature below.

PT is a great place, but I warn you: its addictive! And we LOVE to look at all the photos you care to post!

GraciesMommy
Welcome to PT..

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Welcome to Pet talk. I am glad that you decided to stop by. I would love to see more pictures of your furbabies! The one in your picture is beautiful, And those eyes are so light blue:eek:
I would also love to hear more about all of your furbabies. I have 4 cats, seen in my signature. Hannah and Puff are girls, and Stash and Squeekers are boys. They are all fixed, other than Squeekers, which I will be doing after Christmas, because he is still too young.
Anyways, I look forward to hearing/reading more about you and your pets, and I hope you enjoy Pet talk as much as I do. Again, WELCOME:D My name is Katie, and I dont know way too much about the boards, other than how to post, and add pictures. But If you need help, you can pm me or ask in the general section and someone can help you better;)

persianmom
11-21-2004, 04:35 PM
Please send more pic. She is pretty:)

kimlovescats
11-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Welcome to PT, Doo. This is a great place to be, and everyone here is friendly and very supportive of eachother.

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! That was Elvis in the picture. As I said before, most all my fur gang have their own story that comes along with them. Elvis is a rescue that came all the way from Texas. My groomer friend said don't ya think ya have enough cats already without going to Texas to rescue another one! LOL Then he, being the sweetheart he is picked him up for me and brought him home to his new mom in KY. I believe Elvis was sent to me by my late cat Shoo, who was my soul mate and love of my life. Shoo is a whole other story by himself. Anyway, I lost Shoo to a three year battle with pancreatitis. I was reading my email one day and in one of the Siamese Rescue emailings I received there was a listing for Elvis, who was at a kill shelter and his days were numbered. Now usually, I won't click on the link to see the pics because their faces will haunt me but for some reason I clicked on the link and there was a pic of my Shoo. Elvis in the pic looked just like my Shoo except he was a seal point rather than a blue point. Instead of deleting the email I kept coming back and just staring at the pic. I couldn't help it. I finally called about him. So I adopted Elvis and an online friend who I have never met fostered him until I could get him home to me. Which was six months, way longer than he was suppose to be there. If not for my groomer who was going to the big cat show in Texas I might never have gotten Elvis home to me.

I am going to attach some more pics of some of my fur gang and hope I do it right. Just remember you all ask for it! LOL I have lots and lots of pics!

Doo=^..^=
PS how do you do the signature?

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 06:11 PM
Ok, how do you post more than one pic? There should have been three in that last reply.

Doo=^..^=

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 06:13 PM
The first pic is Yang, Ying and Elvis. Yang and Ying are brothers. They both are diabetic. the next pic is of Elvis with Shoo's photo in the frame. And this pic is of Elvis sleeping. It kills me how he sleeps!
Doo=^..^=

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Elvis is a very lucky boy! and we love pictures! Your 3 are all so cute, I love how they all match:D
You can get a signature by going to General, and asking someone if they have the time to make one for you:D I dont know how to do them myself, I had someone make one for me, and usually people will be happy to do one for you:D Hope you enjoy pet talk!

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 06:18 PM
kt_luvs_kitties, I guess I didn't make myself clear. I have sigs, i jsut don't know how to use them on this board. If you can tell me that I would appreciate it and also how to attach more than one pic at a time.
Thanks,
Doo=^..^=

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:39 PM
From what I know, How I do it is:

I go to a web hosting site, I use www.imagestation.com And then you download your images.
Once that is done, you click on the image(signature) and go down to properties. when it pops up, right click on the picture URL (should look like http://948376 and end with .com) Copy it.
Then you come back to your user cp, and under the profile (signature part) paste it in. make sure it starts with and at the end it says thats it. If you need more help, pm me and i will see it I can help.

Mine looks like this under the user cp:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid143/pfe0f24d127d299c8c54873789.jpg

then you add at the end. Does this help?

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:43 PM
you attach the pictures the same way as you add the signature, only you hit the IMG block under your vBcode when you are typing your post, and paste it there. Am I making any sense?

doolittleky
11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
LOL I am sure you are making perfect sense, I just don't get it yet! LOL I guess I will jsut have to print it out and try it and see if I get it, once I get it i will have it. I have always done much better when things are shown to me, I don't do so well with reading directions and getting them right off. Thanks so much for your help, I will let ya know if i need more help.
Doo=^..^=

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:55 PM
I know how it feels, It took 5 people to finally show me how to do it. Without them I would have never got it. Read your pm I sent you, see if that helps:D

jazzcat
11-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Welcome to PT. It sounds like you have a large wonderful furfamily!

I love all pictures you've shared so far and look forward to seeing more. Here's a link to a tutorial on how to post pictures.
Posting Pictures (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7406)

kt_luvs_kitties
11-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes read that, that helps alot:D

catfamily
11-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Oh I'm so glad your here Melissa.I think the picture of your cats are beautiful.I can't wait to see more.Once you get to posting, it will be easier to follow.And I can't wait for your mom to make catbeds for my gang.
Elvis was so lucky to have Shoo as his Angel.:)
:D :D :D

Vermontcat
11-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:D
Your cats are beautiful! I love Siamese and Snowshoe kitties.
I see that Jazzcat posted the link that will help you post photos so I hope to see more photos of your sweet kitties soon.:)

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Welcome to PT Melissa.:D You're cats are gorgeous. I'm owned by 4 male cats which you can see in my signature and avatar. Once you get the hang of posting pictures, we'd love to see many more of your gang.:)

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Welcome to PT. You'll love it here, and don't worry about how much you get on because I'm in the same fix you are.;)

rosethecopycat
11-22-2004, 08:28 AM
WOW! Meezers galore!:D

Welcome to PT.

I have two personal Meezers and a Tux.

I foster for the Siamese Rescue VA

Have I seen you post a SICC?

Looking forward to seeing all those Meezers on a regular basis.

Thanks for looking after all of those special needs babies.

Rose
aka
Mama Rosa

catmandu
11-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk,and you will find somany Great People,and Cat Lovers here! You have some excellent Cats,a lot of Simaese,and my Siamese Squad,sends them,a Special Siamese Yowl MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

catlover4ever
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi Doo!!!! and welcome to Pet Talk. My name is Meg and I am owned by 7 furkids that you can see in my signature.

I look forward to seeing and hearing more about your wonderful fur gang. :)

BigCharles
11-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Welcome. I'm a big "lurker" as well. I don't get on as much as I want. Mostly because I'm so busy of late.

I just have two. A friend of mine has a farm. His cat "herd" at one time numbered 32. It was a joy to go feed them in the barn at evening time. Walking up the path you had to watch your footing. You would either trip over a cat or step in someting. :eek: It was cool to be able to set six feet away from the food bowls and still hear purring.

Nice to have you here. Pull up a (virtual) chair and make yourself ta' home.

slick
11-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk Melissa......
It sure sounds as if you have a houseful and to take care of all those special needs kitties....you must have a heart of gold.

LOL Just have to laugh at that pic of Elvis sleeping.

My name is Vickie but I prefer to be called Slick. I'm owned by two kitties; Max the Persian is 11 and Speckles the Tabby is 17 1/2.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your furfamily.

rg_girlca
11-22-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk.

Great pictures of your beautiful cats.

What an Angel you are for taking in all those special needs cats.
Bless you.:)