PDA

View Full Version : Oh no :( Everyone please pray for my cousin Cathy!

DogLover9501
11-21-2004, 03:41 PM
:( :(

My cousin Cathy(my mom's brother's daughter) has a husband named Mike...

Mike tried to choke Cathy last weekend :( He broke a bone in her neck and also did something to one of her eardrums(I *think* my mom said broke one?).

Mike's brother ran over and got Cathy's mother.....Cathy's brother was also there.

What I hate is that nobody called the police or anything :mad:, I guess they are all scared of him, and Cathy wouldn't have pressed charges anyway....

:( Please pray for Cathy, and her two children, who I think were up at the time :(

Thanks guys

*EDIT* I forgot to add that this is NOT the first time...and won't be the last :(

CamCamPup33
11-21-2004, 03:57 PM
:eek: How horrible!!

-Prayers on the way-

guineapiggie13
11-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Oh my gosh! :eek: That's horrible and it would definitely be scary. Prayers for Cathy. :(

catnapper
11-21-2004, 04:05 PM
What a terrible situation! I pray she finds the inner strength to leave him.

slick
11-21-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Amen to that! Prayers on the way.

flamepony12
11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Prayers coming your way. :( hope shes okay. :(

Jods
11-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I also pray for her to get the strength to get her children and herself out of that horrible situation. :( Prayers for Cathy....

KYS
11-21-2004, 10:41 PM
A horrible situaton for Cathy and the children.
I pray she leaves and gets the help she needs
so their will not be a next time.
Sending many prayers.

cloverfdx
11-22-2004, 05:37 AM
Prayers on the way for Cathy and her Children :(.

Ditto :(.

GraciesMommy
11-22-2004, 05:59 AM
No it wont be the last and she needs to get out of there before he kills her...or she is forced to kill him...to save her own life

petslover
11-22-2004, 07:09 AM
I really wish for her to do the best thing and that would be to leave. Prayers in progress.

emily_the_spoiled
11-22-2004, 08:50 AM
I am not sure where you live in New Foundland, but is there a woman's shelter near by that she could at least talk with someone. When a woman is in that type of situation she has to make the decision to leave and no one can force her. But it might help for her to have someone to talk with. A woman's shelter would at least be able to provide some immediate counselling even if she is not quite ready to leave yet.

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 09:34 AM
I will keep your Cathy in my prayers. She needs to get out of that situation before its too late.

kimlovescats
11-22-2004, 10:16 AM
This man needs to be stopped!!!!:mad: I pray that your family will help Cathy find a woman's shelter to go to and take her children!!!

Tina
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
OMG! That is so horrible!:mad: I will keep her in my prayers!!

ramanth
11-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Horrible! :( :mad:

Prayers and healing thoughts sent. She needs to press charges or get out before he kills her.

DogLover9501
11-22-2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks everyone.

The situation is really bad, and has been for some time :(

Mike doesn't let Cathy go anywhere, her mother lives next door(right in the same driveway), and Cathy is usually not allowed to go over there...or anywhere.

I swear he has people watching her somehow, because he seems to know if she goes anywhere, even when he's at work, so Cathy just stays home :(

He drinks ALOT, and last year a doctor told him that his liver was really bad and that he needs to stop drinking or it will kill him. He stopped for about 2 months and has been drinking ever since, I guess the whole family just wants him to keep drinking anyway...I know that sounds terrible but it doesn't seem that bad right now, because the children and Cathy would be happy if drinking killed him...

What I hate most is that Cathy is one of the sweetest, most caring people in my family, she used to live with my mom and I before she got married, she's just a wonderful person.

She lost alot of weight :( she always has a sick stomach and doesn't eat much, she's living in fear and I hate that nobody can do anything.

Please keep them in your prayers :(