PDA

View Full Version : laid off

davidpizzica
11-21-2004, 06:26 AM
I am offically laid off for the winter. Tommorrow I can sign up again and spend a lot of time on PT! I'll be going back to work either the end of february or the beginning of march.

Randi
11-21-2004, 07:36 AM
David I hope this suits you, I know I'd love to have 2-3 months off, providing the economy can bear it! ;)

Enjoy the things you haven't had time for! :D

cloverfdx
11-22-2004, 08:56 AM
I hope you enjoy your time off David, the couple of months will fly by quickly. :)

tatsxxx11
11-22-2004, 09:11 AM
I think I'm happy for you David:D David, enjoy your down time, rest up and of course, make sure you clock in lots of Pet Talk time:)

NevadaScotta
11-22-2004, 09:54 AM
Hopefully this is something that doesnt "break the bank" - If it's a planned break, then by all means ENJOY!!! My wife is a teacher and has summers off - She absolutely loves it! I tell you, the more I think about it, the more I am considering a move from business to teaching......weekends, holidays, summers, wait - is that a snowflake? Take the day off.... :)

Sorry for rambling, I hope your break is a good one - :)

kimlovescats
11-22-2004, 10:11 AM
Well, since you don't sound upset about this ... then I say congrats and ENJOY! We'll be glad to have you around here more, that's for sure!;)

davidpizzica
11-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi, nevadascotta, welcome to PT! It's good to hear from another male member. I was beginning to feel outnumbered! I'm a groundskeeper at a golf course and it's seasonal work, so I usually get laid off around this time. I like it because I need the rest!! This year I got more rest than I bargained for, last august I had my knee replaced and I was off for that. I get to go back around the end of february or the beginning of march.

Randi
11-22-2004, 10:47 AM
David, where I work, we've recently got a golf simulator. We're making the bookings. I've never played golf before and don't know a lot about it. People ring and ask all kinds of questions - like how long does it take to play 18 holes etc.

Us in the offices had a go when it was installed, I was amazed how hard you have to kick the ball! :eek: However, I got a third place in points. :D It was quite fun!

Here's a link to the one we've got:

www.simgolf.dk

NoahsMommy
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Wow, David. I hope this is a good thing for you. It sounds like it. :)

Enjoy your time off. :)

Corinna
11-22-2004, 10:51 AM
Welcome to my winters. I work in Glacier park and I get laid off in Oct. untill April. Lots of Pet talk time.:D