PDA

View Full Version : I'm needing lots of Pet Talk Prayers please.....

lynnestankard
11-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone

Could I ask everyone on Pet Talk to please say a prayer for my dear darling Diane. As some of you know she's pregnant with my first Grandchild.
Last night she was taken very ill and Jason (son-in-law) rushed her into hospital in a dreadful state - the were both convinced she was osing the baby - but that's not the case (relief!). The doctors thought it was her appendix or a twisted ovary - and could only operate to find the problem. So at 12.30am she was in the operating theatre - and the outcome is, they discovered a cyst which has burst and filled her stomach with blood. She's in recovery and on 'demand' medication. I've just got off the phone with Jason - poor love, he's demented. Course my first reaction - being a Mummy - was - I'll fly over NOW! He made me see how this wasn't the best thing I could do. She's hopefully over the worst and all she has to do now is recover.
I'm sat here feeling bereft, she's my lovely girl and I can't even give her a cuddle at this time of need.
Course Don is still in China - when I told him his reaction was 'I can get a flight from here to Chicago!!'
Oh I just feel so helpless - all I need is to see her for myself, now the tears have started so I'm signing off before I make more of a fool of myself.

Love Lynne

Tonya
11-20-2004, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is going through this. Thank God that they were able to catch it and she's healthy and alive. I will be praying that she heals quickly and that she has a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Karen
11-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Now, there, mom, it'll be okay. Glad they found the source of the problem and that mom Diane and baby will both be okay from what it seems. Your whole family will be in our prayers, scattered throughout the world though you may be.

When is the baby due?

KYS
11-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Sending many good thoughts that she has
a safe and healthy pregnancy.

slick
11-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Lynne, my friend. I'm sending lots and lots of {{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you and the family. I can't imagine how scary that must have been. Thank God the baby is OK.

Please keep us posted.

much love always
slick
xoxo

catnapper
11-20-2004, 10:41 AM
{{{HUGS}}} to you and your family. What a terrifying experience it must have been for them. I hope she has a speedy recovery and is well soon enough to come home and enjoy the Christmas holiday.

sirrahbed
11-20-2004, 10:47 AM
(((((Lynne)))))) as a long-distance expectant Grandma myself, I am feeling your pain and frustration. If this was my Missy, my heart would indeed be in my throat.
But, the worst is over. I have said my prayers for each of you - especially for you.
Perhaps you can speak with Diane by phone soon?? This would surely sooth your mind a bit. Again...(HUGS)

jazzcat
11-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for Diane. Lots of (((HUGS))) for you!!

lovemyshiba
11-20-2004, 10:49 AM
Oh Lynne how awful to be so far away!!!:( :(

Thank God they were able to operate and everything will be alright.
I will be keeping your family in my prayers as well.

AbbyMom
11-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Prayers for Diane, child, grandmother-to-be, Jason, Don ...everyone

wolflady
11-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Gosh, Lynne, that sounds dreadful! Lots of prayers from across the miles for your entire family and especially for Diane. I'm glad to hear that the baby is ok I hope she recovers from this soon! Please keep us updated on her progress.
*******hugs*******
Karen

petslover
11-20-2004, 11:50 AM
Prayers are being sent your way. Its a good thing they caught it in time so that her and the baby are ok. I will be praying for you all at this time hoping your daughter will recover before the holidays and that she will have a safe pregnancy.

Albea
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Lynne, I'm so sorry your darling Diane had to go through this very scary experience. Prayers for her quick recovery and many friendly thoughts to you and your family.

RobiLee
11-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Prayers are on the way. I'm sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time. Please keep us posted.

Hang in there, Lynne.

{{{Hugs}}}.......Robin

momoffuzzyfaces
11-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Prayers on the way from me too, Lynne.
We are here if you need us!

xxxx
connie

AmberLee
11-20-2004, 01:09 PM
{{{Hugs for you, Lynn, and all your family}}}

As bad as this is, so glad it's not worse and that they caught it in time. Please keep us updated -- prayers continuing.

Nomilynn
11-20-2004, 01:16 PM
I'll pray for you and your family, Lynne!

guineapiglover4life
11-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Oh my, I am truely sorry! I can relate to you worrying for her. When my sister was in the hospital for an ovarian cyst removal, I barely got any sleep. I wish you the best of luck. You will be in my prayers.

-Love Lexie

NoahsMommy
11-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Lynne,
Your love and concern for your daughter overwhelms me. You're such a good mom. :)

I'll be praying for healing and peace in everyone's hearts.

Love,
Kelly

Cataholic
11-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Lynne {{{hugs}}} how difficult it must be to be so far away. Thankfully, it was caught, and she is recovering. Positive thoughts to you, your daughter, and the family.

tatsxxx11
11-20-2004, 03:55 PM
BIG hugs to you Lynne!!! Poor Mom....it must be so difficult for you being so far away. We all know how dear your bleoved Diane is to you! But thankfully she's now on the road to recovery and thank God, nothing was wrong with the baby! We're here for you friend! Keeping you and Diane and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how she's doing when you're able:) Love, Sandra

davidpizzica
11-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh, Lynne! Big {{{{HUGS}}}} and Pittsburgh prayers coming for you and your daughter, Diane! Thank the Lord that the problem was caught in time, and that Diane and your precious grandchild are safe. As we say in the U. S. poor thing, you must be a basket case! Oh sweetheart, hang in there.

ramanth
11-20-2004, 04:50 PM
OH DEAR!!! Dearest Lynne, you, Jason, and Diane will be in my prayers. Healing thoughts sent to Diane and the baby.

*HUGS*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Oh no, Lynne! How difficult to be so far away! Good thoughts and prayers going out for your daughter, son and new grandbaby. And for you too. I hope you get to at least talk to her soon, and I don't know, if it were me, I'd be on my way over. She's going to have recovery time and all, and how wonderful to have mom around for that!

DJFyrewolf36
11-20-2004, 08:52 PM
It sounds as if the worst is over. *Hugs* and *headbumpies* to you from across the miles. I know how worried you must be!!

Prayers on the way
Love

DJ Fyrewolf and Remus

gini
11-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Lynne, Kelly picked up on the same thing that I did. What a beautiful, caring, loving, cry from a Mother who loves her daughter so much.

Thank God that they caught this in time and that she and the baby will be alright.

I am so glad that you came to us because each of us in our own way can respond and send you back love and big hugs.

Please keep us updated and I know you will be talking to her soon and can tell her yourself how worried you have been and how much you love and support her.

jenluckenbach
11-21-2004, 05:08 AM
{{{{{{{LYNNE}}}}}}}}
It must be so difficult to be so far away. I will add you and your family to my prayers. Take care of yourself and cuddle a kitty, and we will all be here for you.

Randi
11-21-2004, 06:38 AM
Oh Lynne, I'm sorry to hear what your daughter had to go though, and you being so far away, you must have been worried sick. :( I'm sending healing thoughts to your daugter and hugs to you. Glad she's on her way to recovery and the baby is OK.

You'll soon be able to talk over the phone. :)

lbaker
11-21-2004, 07:54 AM
:( I'm sorry to hear about this trauma in you and your families life with this situation. Dang, Kimmy's Andy comes out of the hospital and your beloved Diane goes in. My prayer candle in the window is lit, once again. You may not celebrate the U.S. Thankgiving but surely you know that the feeling of Thanks is universal. All your PetTalk family will be hoping for a day of Thanks for you and your family.
Laurie

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-21-2004, 07:59 AM
Oh Lynne, I am so sorry! Don't you worry, okay, your daughter will be fine!! She is a lucky girl to have such a loving mom like you!!!{{{{{hugs}}}}}

ChrisH
11-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Lynne, prayers, positive thoughts and love on the way for your Diane, and for you and the rest of the family too.

{{hugs}}
Chris

gini
11-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Lynne, thinking of you today and hoping you have had a good update on Diane.

Hugs to you.

Killearn Kitties
11-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Lynne, I'm so sorry to read this today. How hard for you to be so far away from Diane. It must make you feel so helpless.

Please let us know how Diane is doing when you can.

Hugs hugs and more hugs to you tonight. Take care.

lynnestankard
11-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Thank you, Thank you so much for all your words help - I've lurked and read them - but didn't feel up to replying til now.

I've spoken to Diane about 4pm our time - it was 10am with her - she even managed a shower this morning. Yesterday she ate some jello and a popsicle and some saltines (to everyojne who speaks English!! Thats: jelly, icepop and crackers - LOL)
She's on a really good pain medication - I didn't write it down so of course I've forgotten the name - duh!
Jason's been marvellous - to and fro all the time - he even went back last night to read her a bedtime story! :)
They've been told the move can go ahead - BUT Diane has to sit in a chair - - - and point!!! She admitted it's going to be hard - but she'll do it because it's helping her get well. As long as she has her crafting materials to hand, she'll be happy.

I don't think they will let her home today - she's hoping for tomorrow.

I spoke to her about going over - she reckons they can manage - and if I go - get this - I'll spend all my time looking after her - - - yes and???? At least it made me laugh.

I told her I went to bed early last night and took all three cats (they normally sleep in the kitchen with the door shut!) and was so glad to have a cuddle - that nearly had her crying.

I phoned Donand told him I've spoken to her - naturally he's thrilled and keeps saying - If you want to go - make sure you get home in time for Christmas!!!! Bless him! He'll actually be home a week on Tuesday - hurray.

Oh I did tell her lots of Pet Talkers were praying for her and she sounded so taken aback - thrilled and pleased too.

Oh Karen - the baby is due 11th May.

I'll keep the 'uppiedates' coming - once again - thank you all so much. xxx

Love Lynne

kimlovescats
11-21-2004, 12:02 PM
((((HUGS)))) Lynne!!! I'm just now reading this for the first time, and boy am I relieved to hear that she and baby are doing fine! What a horrible scare she and all of you had!!! :( Bless her heart .... that had to have been just awful. Well, thank God, it is all behind them now .... but we will continue to remember each of them in prayer!;)

Please do keep us updated!!

Love,
Kim:)

gini
11-21-2004, 12:20 PM
Lynne, I think what Diane is telling you is that maybe you should save your money for now and plan on a trip say....ummm around May 9th - and then plan on staying for a while.

You know, sitting in a chair and pointing where you want things to be placed doesn't sound too bad.

Thank God she is alright. Although her diet is rather skim for now isn't it?

Big hugs to you..........glad you had the kitties snuggle with you.....there isn't anything like some furry nurses when you are feeling down.

Vio&Juni
11-21-2004, 12:40 PM
Thank God, it's better! I'd feel helpless too, Lynne! I'm glad she's better and that she has such a wonderful husband to take care of her.

krazyaboutkatz
11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
Lynne, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( I'm relieved to hear that your daughter is doing better and that the baby is also okay.:) Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way and your daughters way too. Please take care. {{{{HUGS}}}

lovemyshiba
11-21-2004, 07:08 PM
I'm happy to hear the positive update today Lynne. I was worried since I first saw your post.
I'm sure speaking to her made you feel a lot better.

Continuted prayers for your family.

flamepony12
11-21-2004, 07:12 PM
prayers on the way. I hope she's feeling better- ((((((HUGS))))))
~Dev

GraciesMommy
11-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Wonderful to hear such a postitive update, Lynne...and I pray that the rest of her pregnancy goes smoothly. We moms can't help but worry. I have 2 of those long distance grand angels myself..(ages 3 and 5) and it stinks when you can't be there to give our kids/grands a hug to make things better..

I know you are so excited for May to roll around!

lynnestankard
11-22-2004, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by gini
Lynne, I think what Diane is telling you is that maybe you should save your money for now and plan on a trip say....ummm around May 9th - and then plan on staying for a while.

Your dead right Gini - she's asked us both to be there for the birth. :) :) :) I'm just so thrilled.

Lynne

Cincy'sMom
11-22-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm sorry I missed this before, Lynne, but glad to hear you daughter is doing better! How scary for all of you!!

ramanth
11-22-2004, 08:43 AM
*breathes a sigh of relief* It sounds like things are moving in a positive direction.

Continued prayers and healing thoughts for Diane and the baby.

*HUGS*

mina'smomma
11-22-2004, 09:35 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. Of coarse I'll keep her in my prayers.

Lilith Cherry
11-22-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh Lynne, I am so pleased to hear your daughter is improving and doing okay!! It is terrible when things like this happen and you are far away from your children! Is your husband in our neck of woods right now then? I am teaching English in Guangzhou so I know how he feels not being with you or your daughter either!

slick
11-22-2004, 09:59 AM
Lynne,
So glad to hear that Diane is improving. Since you plan on a trip to Chicago next year...that means you can hook up with Debbie (T&P) and any other PT'ers that live in that area.:)

Just think....a Pet Talk meeting and the birth of a grandchild all in the same trip. What more could you ask for?

Still continuing my prayers for Diane, Jason, and the little one.

{{{HUGS}}}
slick
xo

Edwina's Secretary
11-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh Lynne! If I were still in Chicago I would go and check on her for you! Glad she is doing better.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-22-2004, 02:37 PM
:eek: :eek:

I didn't realize she was in Chicago! If you do come....err....WHEN you come, you MUST give me a ring so we can at least have lunch or dinner or something!:D

carole
11-22-2004, 02:52 PM
Oh Lynne being a mother myself I can imagine how you feel, the worry, and not being able to be by her side.

The main thing is she is going to be allright, how frightening for you all, poor darling, no doubt she would have wanted you to be there holding her hand as well, but she will understand, when you can talk to her on the phone, you will feel better and a little re-assured.

HUGS to you and positive vibes that Dianne will be out of hospital and her recovery will be quick.

A GIANT HUG to you as well, thinking of you all and wishing all will be well soon.:)

petslover
11-22-2004, 03:06 PM
I am glad things are looking up for you!

lynnestankard
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
Awwwww - thanks folks. xxx

All these beautiful messages are so helping me get through this.

I've just spoken to Diane on the phone - and she's going home about 6pm !!
She sounds so much better - she's still sleeping lots - she's always done this from being a toddler. If she's poorly she sleeps herself better. And now she's noticed each time she wakes up she feels a little better. Thats my girl!!!

So hopefully the next time I speak to her it will from the new house. Fingers crossed. :) :)

Lynne

Killearn Kitties
11-22-2004, 05:22 PM
I'm so glad that Diane is feeling better again today. She sounds just like me. If I'm not well all I want to do is take myself off to bed and wake up when I feel better. :D

Hugs to you too Lynne. You sound a bit better yourself now!

tatsxxx11
11-22-2004, 05:36 PM
I'm so glad to read the happy update, Carole! Now Mom can take a deep breath and relax...just a bit;) Does this mean the kitties have been sent back to the kitchen?:D Keeping you and Diane in my prayers, Carole! We're all going to be on poins and needles until the due date! {{{HUGS}}} Sandra

QueenScoopalot
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I'm just catching this now, but am so happy things are going well now! Must be a big *SIGH* of relief that Diane's heading home, and everythings under control. It must be terribly frustrating to be so far away, and not be there when things like this happen. PT prayers worked again! ;)

Barbara
11-23-2004, 02:59 AM
I have not been online much this weekend and I'm happy to hear things are looking up. How scary that must have been.

Best thoughts on their way round the globe to everyone concerned, Lynne:)

ChrisH
11-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Lynne, so glad to hear Diane is feeling a bit better and that she can go home. :)

{{hugs}}

cookieluver7
11-23-2004, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. I really hope she will be better and that the baby will be healthy. You are definatly in my thoughts and prayers. {{{*Hugs*}}}

lynnestankard
11-24-2004, 04:35 PM
She's Home!! They've moved into their new home!

It sounds as if everything that could go wrong - did go wrong!:eek:

But she came through OK - well exhausted!! Had a wonderful nights sleep in their new home last night - woke up feeling much better. As she said - there are boxes that probably won't be opened til Summer - but she's not getting in a state about it!

I just wish she'd let me go and help. All I can get is 'It's too much for you Mum' and she can do so much!!! I do realise she wants me and Don to see the house when It's all finished - daft girl!!

Jason's Mum has been wonderful - and she and his Dad have even bought them a HUGE freezer for a moving in pressy - their thrilled to bits with it.

Can I just say a BIG Thank You to everyone for all your kind thoughts and messages.

Lynne

Karen
11-24-2004, 04:37 PM
Yay! Congrats to everyone on the move being accomplished! :)

Killearn Kitties
11-24-2004, 05:57 PM
So the sitting still and pointing worked then? :D I'm glad Diane is feeling better, and now it's less than a month and they will be over here!!

anna_66
11-24-2004, 09:17 PM
Lynne,

I just got done reading this thread and I'm thrilled to hear that she's home and doing so much better!
I'll still be keeping her in my prayers.

Anna

delidog
11-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Lynn,
I just saw this thread......
I am glad that Diana is home and doing better

You & Your Family are in our Thoughts and Prayers!!!
{{{{{{ HUGS}}}}}}

Fett
11-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Best wishes to your family. You're in my prayers, hopefully recovery will be swift. :)

~ Andy

kimlovescats
11-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Lynne, I am so thrilled to hear that Diane and hubby are all settled in their new home. I pray that they can now relax and await the birth of their baby!;)

lynnestankard
11-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Thanks everyone xxx

Spoke to Diane and Jason on Saturday and Diane was feeling tired - but she's being so good and hasn't done anything.
Jason's working like a hero - getting stuff unpacked and sorted.

I reminded Diane is was only a week (Fri) since the op., and if she was at home here in UK - she'd probably still be in hospital!!

They managed to drive to Jason's parents on Thursday - Thanksgiving. And Diane even managed a little taste of everything - then she had to go and have a sleep!!! Jason woke her up in time to take her home - where she went straight to bed and slept til morning!!
She's always done this - sleeping herself well - since she was a toddler.
She's absolutley thrilled that all Mum's Pet Talk friends are wishing her well.
So Thank You - Everyone xxx

Lynne

slick
11-29-2004, 05:10 PM
What a happy update Lynne. Thanks for posting. :) :)

slick
xoxo

teenster3
11-30-2004, 02:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your daughter's news but I'm gald she is recovering ok.
I take it that the baby is still healthy & no harm has come?
My thoughts are with you & your family!
TiNa

Barbara
11-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Lynne, I also hadn't seen this thread! I am so glad things are going better!

What a stress for all of you!

Logan
11-30-2004, 10:50 AM
My goodness, Lynne! I have been away too much! I'm so sorry I missed this. All of my Pet Talk friends and their families are in my prayers, daily, so maybe without knowing the specifics, God still knew that you, Diane and the baby needed my prayers. I'm certain He did. :)

So glad that everything is ok and that their move is complete. Being a mom, myself, I can imagine how terribly difficult this was for you being so far away and feeling helpless! So glad those kitties comforted you a little at least!!! :)

I will remember Diane and the baby in my prayers, specifically, now, and also Don as he travels home. I know you are excited!!! :)

mina'smomma
11-30-2004, 10:58 AM
Lynn I'm glad to hear Diane is doing so well. I'm sure she will have no problem telling your son where the stuff has to go.

lizzielou742
11-30-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry I missed all this, but I'm glad your daughter is feeling better now and things are getting back to normal. :)