PDA

View Full Version : Who outside of PT do you admire?

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 10:03 PM
I thought that this would be a fun thread. :) I do NOT intend to offend anyone, but I figured that it would be talking about the people OUTSIDE PT I figured it was ok. So tell us who you admire. :)

I admire:

My parents: for being great awesome parents and caring about me, and loving me and making me feel SO special. I could go on and on. :p

My brother, Landon: He makes me feel special and loved, and when he tries to comfort me it really makes me listen and pay attention to what he is saying because he doesn't say a whole lot of mushy stuff. :)

Ami: My bud, my forever friend. :) She has always been there for me when I am going through a tough time, and she makes me feel loved. She is also someone that I can talk to if I need to talk without feeling stupid or ashamed. I love her to death! Shes a riot too. ;)

Carrie: my dog trainer. She makes me feel special and she helps me with my doggy problems, and she has been very supportive of my conformation. :)

DaNelle: Another doggy friend who I admire her advice and her ideas, and she is fun to talk to. She also makes me feel special.

Jean: Another doggy friend who I enjoy talking to about doggies and she is also very helpful.

Lisa: And yet another doggy friend who also is very helpful and makes me feel special and who I enjoy talking to.

Darnell: She is my counselor from camp, and shes the greatest. She is someone I can talk to about things that are bothering me without feeling stupid or ashamed. :)

I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them. :)

guineapiglover4life
11-19-2004, 10:05 PM
My family and friends. Of course!

BCBlondie
11-20-2004, 12:29 AM
- All of my friends from Latvian camp! :D
- I also admire my friend from school - she's from Japan! :)
- I admire my cousin.. we've been best friends since we were kids.

teenster3
11-20-2004, 12:42 AM
I REALLY admire my Dad!
He's the one I look up to & pray that he stays well (healthy) for a long, long time to come!:)
Tina

Palomino21
11-20-2004, 05:32 AM
My husband- He's kind, supportive, understanding and can make me laugh.

My sister-For all we've been through and being my best friend.

Annie

cloverfdx
11-20-2004, 08:37 AM
My Mum,with all the crap that we have been through the last couple of years she has stayed strong through out it all.

primabella
11-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Both of my parents and many of my friends. They have proved to me to all be very strong people in one way or another.

I also admire Switchfoot's (musical group) songwriter/vocalist Jon Foreman. His lyrics just make so much sense to me and I guess I just love how he can get it all down on paper. :)

And can Mickey count? I just admire him because he's so simple and amazing. He doesn't need money or expensive stuff to be happy.. sitting outside with a cool breeze and with his family is all that he wants.

Tonya
11-20-2004, 09:36 AM
My grandmother. She's a beautiful person. I have never seen her angry or mean in my life. I have never heard her talk bad about anyone. She is loaded with forgiveness. She always smiles and makes everyone around her feel good.

My great-grandfather that just passed away. He was a brilliant man. He knew several different languages and had so many interesting careers in his life. He never stopped learning, I think that is why he lived so long. He was very straight forward and honest.

Aspen and Misty
11-20-2004, 09:58 AM
My Dad. He tried to stay and save a marrage because the last thing he wanted to do was brake up the kids. My mom turned us all against him and everyone hated him, even us kids (has changed now) After that he picked himself back up, moved out and got a counsler. He has remained strong through the hardest thing ever, Someone telling you that the past 18 years have been a lie and they never loved you. He spent 2 years picking up the pieces of his life and putting them back together. He struggled going from being Rich to being poor, but through it all he's done fine.

The thing I admirs most about him though, is that he doesn't like animals, yet he lives with 13 of them. He puts up with my kids (the animals) like it is no problem. But I know that dog hair on the couch, cat hair on the chair and dog toys all over the house was not his dream way to live.

I just love my daddy, he is the best :D

Ashley

Buddy Blaze Lover
11-21-2004, 01:48 PM
My parents, especially my dad who is a great role model! I also admire a couple friends: Lindsey, Riley, Diana, Kathryn, Amee and Katie. They have all helped me through tough times and I can't imagine life without any of them!! ;)

Miranda_Rae
11-24-2004, 12:02 PM
*bump* :)

cookieluver7
11-24-2004, 12:57 PM
My family and friends. Who else?!:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Miranda_Rae
12-21-2004, 12:14 PM
*bumpty bump* :p

RICHARD
12-21-2004, 02:51 PM
All the people who put on a uniform and travel all over the world to represent the US and the Armed Forces.

Logan
12-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
All the people who put on a uniform and travel all over the world to represent the US and the Armed Forces.

I totally agree with that, Richard.

I have other family members that I admire too, as well as friends. I won't get into detail here, but I hope that they all know how much respect and admiration I have for them.

Logan

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-21-2004, 03:29 PM
My parents!!
They went through so much, and still they are the most loving couple.

My friend Martine!
She was my friend for 6 years during all years of high school. Later she studied maths and is now professor at the University of Brussels. She is still the same sweet person, after 25 years!!

cali
12-21-2004, 03:36 PM
ummm

Steph-she is my best friend :D

my dad in a way-he is fun to be around, and I can bug him without getting yelled at lol

my mom-my mom and I BOTH share our love for animals, so she understands my love for them.

dont really admire anyone else in my family, my brother quite school, and is a druggy, my grandparents on my moms side are extremly judgemental, my grandparents on my dads side are really nice but not to much differnt from my moms parents. all my uncles and aunties are judgemental, and dont really understand my animal thing lol my cousins are really nice though, but I dont know them well enugh to really admire them. and all but one of my aunties is obsessed with money.

sirrahbed
12-21-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I love that answer and that is who I admire most as well.

DJFyrewolf36
12-22-2004, 03:45 AM
To go along with the Armed Forces thing....

I admire my brother who is in the Army special forces. He risks his life every day and never complains.

I also admire my other brother, who went from being a drug addict and a criminal to being a wonderfuf father and a loving and caring husband. He is one of the strongest people I know.

I admire my parents for working two (and sometimes three) jobs apece to support all of us through tough times. They always sacrificed for us kids without question if they had to. I am really greatful to have such caring people as my parents!!

I admire my husband, who is really supportive of me. :D *luv ya hubby*

carole
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
I think I admire all the people who do cat rescue, here in NZ and worldwide, and I know that includes PT people, but I think it takes a special kind of person who can deal with all the trauma and stress involved in this kind of work.

I admire anyone who goes out of their way to help others,giving of their time, volunteer workers.:)

Amber
12-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Who I admire most is..

My parents: They never, ever let me down. They let me be who I am. I would be lost with out them.

My brother: I love my brother so much. He's great, and he's always got me laughing. Theirs alot of times when he teases me, but hes great. no words to explain.

My friends: Brittany, Taylor, Kara, Linds, Amy, kendra, Ashley, Megan, Brooke, just everyone are the most loving people ever in my fremdship life.

Andrew: I don't know him quiet well enough, but were becoming closer you could say (hehe) :p I admire him alot, because he's not afraid to dress the way he does. Many kids in our school all dress the same, and I admire him for standing out in the crowd, not caring what people think of him.

♥