PDA

View Full Version : Bad breath

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 09:34 PM
My aunt just got a Miniture Schnauzer (did I spell that right?) and his breath REEKS! :eek: Its discusting. He is 5 years old, unneutered (she is going to get him neutered-yay for her! :D), and I was wondering if you guys had any tips for freshening his breath, like things he could chew that aren't EXTREMELY expensive like Greenies because they are on a rather tight budget because her husband is in Detox, and I think he might/did lose his job. :( So advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

GraciesMommy
11-19-2004, 09:58 PM
I get the little breath mints they sell at PetSmart...you can either get the little ones that come in a tin like altoids or a bag of little white bone shaped minty treats..both are excellent..then there is dental green..the wannabe greenie, but cheaper
I had a schnauzer for 16 years and they are notorious for bad breath!

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by GraciesMommy
I get the little breath mints they sell at PetSmart...you can either get the little ones that come in a tin like altoids or a bag of little white bone shaped minty treats..both are excellent..then there is dental green..the wannabe greenie, but cheaper
I had a schnauzer for 16 years and they are notorious for bad breath!

See we don't have a PetSmart around here or even a Petco! :( So her stores are rather limited. I think they did get breath mints for him, and he didn't like them or something. :rolleyes: I was thinking of rawhide chips? Would that work?

GraciesMommy
11-20-2004, 06:45 AM
I would order from the web then...just go to www.petsmart.com
Under Dogs... Dental Care....there are many different things to choose from