PDA

View Full Version : Worrying

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I worry WAY too much, and I was wondering if you guys had some tips on how to not worry so much. :) I will sometimes lay awake at night worrying/thinking and once or twice I have dreamt about the stuff that I am worrying about. :eek: So I was wondering you had some tips on how to worry less. Thanks! :)

Amber
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
As me and you were disscusing about, I too will worry all night about stupid stuff sometimes. Sometimes I try to think of something different or trying to sleep. -shrugs-

guineapiglover4life
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
I can relate to you alot here. I am a little bit on the 'over-worrying' side. Whenever I get upset/worried, I just turn on the radio to my favorite tunes, invite a bunch of friends over, and dance to my heart's content. I forget about it instantly, because I am having too much of a good time! Maybe this will work for you? -Love Lexie

Tollers-n-Dobes
11-19-2004, 09:37 PM
I worry quite a bit too sometimes so I don't have any advice for you, sorry:( I wish I could help.

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Amber
As me and you were disscusing about, I too will worry all night about stupid stuff sometimes. Sometimes I try to think of something different or trying to sleep. -shrugs-

LOL...thats what made me start this thread, what we were talking about. :p

Karen
11-19-2004, 09:54 PM
Paul insists I don;t even know the meaning of the word "worry" as I am a complete amateur compared to him, and he worries less than his mother, who is a pro.

Right before going to bed, get a piece of paper and pen and write down a list of everything you are worried about. That way you don;t have to keep thinking about it, and you can relax and go to sleep. It's like a "brain dump" until morning. It's silly but it works!

slleipnir
11-19-2004, 09:54 PM
I believe it may be fair to say that no one worries more then I do. I'm probably one of the best worriers there is. I worry about anything and everything..no matter howsmall or silly. I stay awake for hours worrying. I make myself sick from worrying.

-sigh-

I find listening to music helps distract me if I really like the music. I find myself focusing on the lyrics instead of worries...although sometimes the worrying can be THAT overpowering so I keep turing the volume up..:o Other things...hmm...I duno, but let me know if you discover something cause I'd love to know too

KYS
11-19-2004, 10:18 PM
I'm a big worry wart!
I loose more sleep. :)
Sorry can't give you any advice.

slick
11-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Ha! I wrote the book on worry! Haven't found a solution yet but will be looking forward to some tips.

I've lost countless nights sleep worrying about work, friends (inside and outside of Pet Talk) and family. I don't think I've ever slept more than 4 hours a night for years. Maybe one day things will settle down......:rolleyes:

karyn674
11-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok I think I started worrying more and more with every birthday!

The older I get the more I'm starting to worry on stupid things. Sometimes I get so bad that end up stressed and nervous. I have this little book called 'The little book of calm' and i open it and read the page. Any page. So let me open it for you:

IGNORE THE PHONE ONCE

You only have to leave a phone ringing once or twice in your life to appreciate the important calls always ring back.
One less pressure in your life.

On the other page:

GO LIMP

Really tense one set of muscles - such as the arms or legs - then quickly let them go limp. The contrast between 'tense' and 'relaxed' should indicate what 'relaxed' really feels like.
Dwell on that feeling.

I find also very helpful that when you are passing through a phase of worring, pampering yourself can help ease up the tenshion. Like take some time off work if it is a sunny day and go walking, a message, or a swim. Could be anything that you enjoy doing. This helps me weigh my problem and give it the appropriate energy to go through it, not more.

Good luck!

teenster3
11-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Oh my........I can't believe they are others like me!:eek:
KAREN.....wrote some good advice but I don't know that it has worked for me. I've written stuff down then "worry" if I wrote everything down or how it was written, so on & so on. I know it's "not healthy" to worry all the time though. My doctor has told me time & time again to let things go! I wish I had the magic to make it just disappear.....for everyone that is!!!!;)
TiNa