PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pic..

Glacier
11-19-2004, 07:37 PM
I thought i had lost all the digital versions of some old pictures, but last night they miraculously reappeared! Some of my favorite pics of all-time are in the ones I thought were lost.

This is my very favorite pic of Preacher. I have 8x10's of it in my house, my office and there is one at the front desk of the shelter he came from.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Old%20stuff/happypreacher.jpg
It was taken in September 2002 so he was at least 9 at the time. He was starting to loose his sight by this point, but other than that this was probably the happiest and healthiest Preacher has ever been.

cyber-sibes
11-19-2004, 08:21 PM
Preacher looks sooo happy - what a great photo! You mentioned the shelter - was he a rescue dog or surrendered by his former family?

Glacier
11-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
Preacher looks sooo happy - what a great photo! You mentioned the shelter - was he a rescue dog or surrendered by his former family?

He was dumped by a big-name musher, along with four other dogs. Our shelter doesnt' normally take working dogs (or we'd always be full of nothing but sled dogs), but somehow this guy got them in. One of the musher's handlers came and got the other three, but that was all she could take in. Preacher was the oldest-he was seven at least. The rest were yearlings, all littermates. Preacher and Franklin had to stay together and not many people want a dog like Franklin. He's extremely timid--or was, he's much braver now. We agreed to foster them after they had been in the shelter for a year, January 29, 2001. Preacher was extremely depressed and stopped eating. We adopted them six months later. They were our first fosters and our first time failing fostering 101! I boo their former musher every chance I get!

cyber-sibes
11-19-2004, 08:56 PM
In the shelter for a year!!! Poor guys - especially since they were probably used to alot of running outdoors. How fortunate that you adopted them. From some of your other threads it sounds like Preacher now has a life any dog would envy - lots of TLC from you! How many dogs do you have?

Glacier
11-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by cyber-sibes
How many dogs do you have?

21. 14 of them are former shelter dogs. Our local humane society is a no-kill shelter and some of the dogs stay a long time. Those are the ones that end up here! We have several who spent a year or more in the shelter. Goldie was there for over two years, poor little thing. No wonder she hates coming inside now!

cyber-sibes
11-19-2004, 09:16 PM
WOW:eek: that's alot of dogs to keep up to!

luckies4me
11-19-2004, 10:26 PM
Oh what a beauty!:D

RobiLee
11-20-2004, 09:02 AM
Glacier, I am so happy that you found your pictures! What a thrill that must have been for you. I can see why this is your fav pic of Preacher. Just look at him. So happy! Thank you so much for sharing him with us.

Hi, Preacher!

Robin :)

catnapper
11-20-2004, 09:08 AM
Wow, that is a stunning picture! It must have been exciting to find the picture on your computer again!

Tonya
11-20-2004, 09:21 AM
That is a great picture. I love his eyebrows.

KYS
11-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I am glad you found your pictures.
Preacher looks like he has a BIG wide
grin on his face.

K9soul
11-20-2004, 01:44 PM
That pic is beautiful! I'm happy that you found it so you can share it. Isn't it wonderful when you find a great picture you thought you had lost? Preacher you're such a sweetheart :) What a handsome boy!

captain
11-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Glacier
I boo their former musher every chance I get!

Good on you!!!!!!!!

Glacier, you are AMAZING!!!

That is a great photo. I am so glad it "re-appeared"!!