PDA

View Full Version : How much is that meatloaf in the window??

RICHARD
11-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Lately I have been treated to the silhouette of a rather large meatloaf in the window late into the night.

Ed climbs up to his perch, pulls the curtain aside with a practiced paw, falls into the meatloaf position and sits there, with his head sticking into the crack between the sash and frame.

For hours........

It's really apparent, since the curtain is white and Ed's arse is as big as the moon.......:eek:

I finally figured out why.

Mr Stray is back....
We ran into him on the way back from my mom's house.

Mr Stray ran by us last night and I expected the Edster to tear off after him....

Ed kept himself under control until we got into the house.....then he went back from window to door to recliner back to the OTHER window..........back and forth, back and forth.....all the while doing that low growling sound that cats make.....

For a while I heard him in so many places that I thought I had 14 cats......

Needless to say Mr Stray is the cause for my "exposure" to runaway cats one night last summer, So I spent a sleepless night waiting for the racket that would come when "Animals Decide to Give You a Heart Attack......"

So to all of you that are sleep deprived by your kitties antics, be thankful you aren't kept awake by a rather large meatloaf in the window!!!!

You know, the one that pulls the curtain back to let the porch light shine into your eyes.... :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :o :D

lbaker
11-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh Richard, I do remember the "tail" of you running around the yard in your... um, altogether :o Silly Eddie. You know Eddie is just protecting his vending machine ;) Quat, frequently mistaken for a meatloaf.

slick
11-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Oh Richard, I do remember the "tail" of you running around the yard in your... um,
I'm so tempted to post the link......:D :D but I promise to be good....

Have you ever thought that with time and patience Mr. Stray and Mr. Ed just might become friends? That would give you one kitty for each arm pit....:eek: :D

RICHARD
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by slick
I'm so tempted to post the link......:D :D but I promise to be good....

Go ahead..... My 'cheeks' are blushing anyway.....:rolleyes:

slick
11-19-2004, 06:58 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=31824&highlight=train

For the newcomers......enjoy! :D :D

dukedogsmom
11-19-2004, 07:45 PM
I'm not a newcomer but that was hilarious!! If only you could have gotten a pic of the three of them running by you. That paints such a funny picture.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
11-19-2004, 09:09 PM
Richard, I'm disappointed. How can we get the full effect of your story without pictures!?!

I want to see pictures of a big white meatloaf in the window! ;) :D

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by slick
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=31824&highlight=train

For the newcomers......enjoy! :D :D

LOL!!! :D :D I was still browsing when I read that, but I still remember it! :p Too funny!

Corinna
11-20-2004, 01:09 AM
I must have been VERY busy this summer to have missed that thread. Thanks Slick I sure needed that to night.

slick
11-20-2004, 01:34 AM
http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?threadid=33946&highlight=mustard
Another one of Richard's adventures. Enjoy! :) :)

catcrazylady
11-20-2004, 06:45 AM
After reading the links I can't even remeber what Richards original story was about!!! I'm too busy ROFLMBO to go back and look!!!:D :D :D
Richard and Eddie....What a pair!

catmandu
11-20-2004, 08:42 AM
Eddie,is trying,to defend his turf,over all comers,Cats,Dogs,nothing gets past,the Vigilant white Meat Loaf!!

catnapper
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
Nah, I'm awakened by a small meatloaf! Abby LOVES the window and if I'm not awake early enough, she'll sit on my face to get my spot in bed to enjoy the view (my bed is up against the window - which will be moved this wek since its getting cold.. but in the summer, its glorious to have breezes come through the window onto your head)

momoffuzzyfaces
11-20-2004, 12:52 PM
Ah, poor Richard! To be mooned by a meatloaf!
Alas, I have had similar experiences. :D

kimlovescats
11-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Richard? I am sure this has been addressed before ... but do you not have a camera? Where are Eddy pics???