PDA

View Full Version : Important phone # to keep handy

Catsnclay
11-19-2004, 05:45 PM
In case you don't already have the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center on your emergency list, the toll-free number is:

1-888-426-4435

This 24-hour manned service could save the life of your pet.

Now that the holiday's are approaching this is a good reminder to write this number down and keep it handy, just in case.

Uabassoon
11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
That really is an important number. My old roommate and I had a sticker with that number, we used to keep it on our phone. But I should do that again, it was a good idea.

jazzcat
11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Just curious, do you have the Cat A Day calendar? I do and that was the info for yesterday and I tore it off and put it in a safe place in case I need it, heaven forbid.

Anyway, good info to have, thanks.

Palomino21
11-19-2004, 06:08 PM
That is a good idea. Thank you.

Annie

sirrahbed
11-19-2004, 06:44 PM
Thank you for posting that! I had no idea about it.

Jods
11-19-2004, 07:42 PM
Is that okay for Canada as well?

AbbyMom
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks! Also, maybe it's a good time to mention that poinsettias are poisonous to cats. They're beautiful, but lethal. I have silk poinsettias for the holidays.

Uabassoon
11-19-2004, 07:54 PM
I should call my old roommate and see where she got the sticker from, because it's was so handy just having it right there on the phone. Thankfully we never had to use it, but I know if it were an emergency I'd be so frazzled I wouldn't know where to look.

catmandu
11-20-2004, 08:45 AM
I will have,to see what it is in Canada,although,we really dont have those things,in the Hotel.

Cinder & Smoke
11-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Here's the ASPCA web page that talks about the Poison Hot Line >>>

ASPCA ~ Animal Poison Control Center (http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc)

You need to know that calling this ANIMAL Poison Control Center
is NOT "FREE" -
even though the Telephone call goes to a Toll-Free number 1-888-426-4435.

They charge a $50.00 Consultation Fee to your credit card or
ask you to call a 1-900 Number that bills the $50 charge on
your phone bill.

You can order a Fridge Magnet with their Phone Number on this page >>>

Animal Poison Control - Phone Number Magnet (http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=apcc_magnet)

The Fridge Magnet IS "Free"!

And for you Canadians ~
YES - they DO Handle Calls from Canada!!

Catsnclay
11-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Just curious, do you have the Cat A Day calendar? I do and that was the info for yesterday and I tore it off and put it in a safe place in case I need it, heaven forbid.

Anyway, good info to have, thanks.

Yup!! That's exactly where I got it from :D Got the calander from K&L as a Christmas present last year.....I just love it!!

Wow, I didn't realize that this was not a "free" service. That is terrible in my opinion :mad:

At least I now have the number handy, and if a real emergency arrives I do have an option.

Thanks for that information.