PDA

View Full Version : If you love your Dad...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2004, 04:28 PM
This is the best song. I hope to play it when I get married. I'm crying now as I listen to it... cuz well, I'm just emotional like this sometimes. :(

Butterfly Kisses
There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's
daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank god for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her
hair; "Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
In all that I've done wrong I know I must
have done something right to deserve a hug
every morning and butterfly kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today
She's looking like her mama a little more everyday
One part woman, the other part girl.
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.

But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer; sticking
little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you, Daddy, But if you
don't mind I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time."
With all that I've done wrong I must have done
something right to deserve her love every morning
and butterfly kisses at night.

All the precious time
Like the wind, the years go by.
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not
sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over and gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk my down the aisle, Daddy-it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry!"

Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have
done something right.
To deserve your love every morning and butterfly
kisses-I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.

I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember
every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses.

This is my favorite part...

She'll change her name today.
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away.
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her.
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said "I'm not
sure-I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over and gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,

I love my Daddy. :( Hugs to those who have lost one or don't keep in touch with one. :(

guineapiglover4life
11-19-2004, 04:32 PM
I respect and love my dad very dearly. Reading this makes my eyes begin to water, and makes me wish my dad could come home from work and give me a big hug and kiss. :( What a wonderful song!

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2004, 05:01 PM
I was going to dance with my dad to this song at the wedding reception but he chose another one (that the DJ didn't have so we actually danced to a song that meant nothing to either of us, but that's another story). The line that always got me was "I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl..." I never got emotional listening to that song until I got engaged and I'm back to not being *as* emotional as I was when I was engaged. It's a great song. Wish we had just danced to it after all.

kt_luvs_kitties
11-19-2004, 05:08 PM
I absolutely LOVE that song, and I did dance to it with my father at my wedding. So sweet :D I will always remember that;) I cried like a baby, and I still do when I hear it....

manda_moo87
11-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Wow, that is beautiful.

I love my Dad, but we have a very strange relationship. We never give each other hugs or kisses and he always seems to feel uncomfortable around me. Not sure why, we were very close when I was younger. Hopefully he'll change as I get older, maybe its just because I'm a teenager, he doesn't know how to act around me.

buckner
11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
*tears* That's beautiful. Simply beautiful. I couldn't even make it through the first paragraph without crying. I'm just one big baby.

So I know for the future (wink wink) who wrote/sings this song? I already have a list going for what's going to be played at my wedding (always have.. I'm only 16 and seriously have my wedding planned out!) and I'd want this for the dance between my daddy and I. :*)

I love my daddy so much, he means everything to me. Thank you so much for posting this. This is what I needed today.

Tiah
11-19-2004, 06:58 PM
That's my dads favorite song. Ever since I was small just him and I would go to this diner place that has been in a small town just over since the 1950's. Every time we go there, we put our nickel in the jukebox, and play that song over and over while we are/were eating. I am definantly playing it at my wedding, too.

Aspen and Misty
11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
That is a touching song, and I just love it!

The song I hope to play at my wedding is "You don't have to let go" it describes my dad and me perfectly.

Here are the lyrcs

You Don't Have To Let Go

I don't need your strength anymore
cause you've made me strong
You may not see the one light in me
And you dreamed of
Holding me in your arms

All the days that you gave
All the moments you've saved me,
Praying for my life
Sacrificed, just to make me who I am on my own
You don't have to let go

You don't say it
But it's in your eyes
All the fears of good-bye
But I can promise
You'll always have a place, and a way to my heart

Praying for my life
You don't have to let go

I can live
Cause you lived for me
And I can love
Because you loved me.

Praying for my life
You don't have to let go

(Ooh ooh ooh)
You don't have to let go

Ashley

Cookiebaker
11-19-2004, 08:48 PM
ILMAG, I bought Bob Carlisle's CD specifically for that song. I love that song, and it makes me very emotional. :o

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah Sarah, like Anna mentioned, it's by Bob Carlisle. I think a few others sing it as well, though.

popcornbird
11-19-2004, 09:17 PM
That is so beautiful, and so touching. I love my daddy dearly, as well as my mom, of course. There is no one in this world like one's parents...no one. No one can even come close to comparing.

slleipnir
11-19-2004, 09:18 PM
I love that song. It was on my sisters wedding CD :)

flamepony12
11-19-2004, 10:15 PM
I LOVE that song! :) i'm going to play it when i get married, and dance with my dad. :)

teenster3
11-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Alright......you were just trying to make us all cry over our dads weren't you?!;)
That is just one of the sweetest & precious song lyrics I've read. Ya know it's sad but I can't even remember what I played for my dad last year. It wasn't that song though, I wanted something different, something that REALLY reminded me of my dad. I almost made up lyrics & was going to have someone sing it to him but it got too late to put together. One of these days I am going to come up with my own, just to show him how much I truly love him!!!!!!!!!!!:)
TiNa

Amber
11-20-2004, 09:28 AM
I love my dad very much, and no matter how many times I read the lyrics or hear the song, I always get sad about it.

trayi52
11-20-2004, 10:02 AM
I still think about my dad, he has been gone since 97, and that song really does bring tears to my eyes. I miss him so much. Enjoy your dads while they are still here with you..

Willie:(

sirrahbed
11-20-2004, 10:52 AM
That IS a sweet and beautiful song. I was never close to my dad really but I know my husband feels this way about our daughter and now I see the loving look in the eyes of my son when he holds his new daughter.(Misha)
At our daughter's wedding, I put togther a powerpoint slide presentation with pictures of both her and her hubby and played the soundtrack version of Topol's "Sunrise-Sunset" - we played this as pre-wedding music and it really made us cry happy tears. I think our daughter was too excited to notice any of it but it sure was emotional for her daddy and I:)

lovemyshiba
11-20-2004, 10:55 AM
That is a beautiful song.
I wanted to dance with my dad to something that meant something to us, so I had him pick the song.
He picked an old Beatles song (is it awful that I can't remember it right now?), and it was beautiful.

wolflady
11-20-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm an emotional sap, and this song always brings tears to my eyes. I love my dad a lot, but we didn't dance to this song because I knew I would become a blubbering mess! :o I had dad pick out a song for us to dance to, but this would have been a close second!
:)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
I still think about my dad, he has been gone since 97, and that song really does bring tears to my eyes. I miss him so much. Enjoy your dads while they are still here with you..

:( *hugs*

shutterbug0303
11-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52

I'm right there with you, Willie! Just see my sig :( I know exactly how you feel. "I love you. Daddy...until we meet again...."