PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2004, 02:41 PM
The soft rock radio station in Washington, DC is already playing non-stop Christmas music!!! It's not even THANKSGIVING!!! Is this not ridiculous or what?

It used to be that they played non-stop Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving. Starting the day after that, though, they played intermittent Christmas music through January. That was fine. I loved listening to the station then. But for the holiday season of 2001, they decided people needed "extra cheer" (because of September 11th) and starting Thanksgiving, began playing non-stop Christmas music through the New Year. I thought it would go back to the way it was before for the 2002 Holiday season, but no. Ditto for 2003. And now it's NOT EVEN the 2004 holiday season yet and they're already playing it non-stop!

I think it's assinine! And I *love* Christmas! For the last few years, they just repeat the same songs over and over - if I listen to that station, I can usually guarantee hearing a song on my way in to work and on my way home. It's RIDICULOUS!!! ARRRRRGH!

Am I the only one who thinks so? I wrote an e-mail to the station telling them exactly what I thought of what they're doing - I doubt anyone will read it - but it's just so frustrating! I love Christmas music as much as the nex Christmas nut but NOT before Thanksgiving and NOT non-stop for 5-6 weeks!!!

manda_moo87
11-19-2004, 02:45 PM
LOL! I know its crazy, it doesn't really bother me though I love Christmas but it does seem a bit early. I think they should be waiting until Dec. 1. My Mother is playing Christmas music non-stop now on her record player already... and even my Grandma has started putting up her tree today!!!! It's nuts!:p

NoahsMommy
11-19-2004, 03:00 PM
I totally agree. It not only makes Thanksgiving not as special, but makes Christmas last longer than it should.

I went into Old Navy on 11/8 and they had nothing but Christmas music playing and the store was decorated. I asked the guy behind the counter about it. He said they'd been playing it since Halloween! He was annoyed at it too.

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
I went into Old Navy on 11/8 and they had nothing but Christmas music playing and the store was decorated. I asked the guy behind the counter about it. He said they'd been playing it since Halloween! He was annoyed at it too.

OMG!!! :eek: :eek: Thats pretty bad. I know, I get sick of the Christmas music too. Makes me NOT excited for Christmas. Oh well, hopefully it will be over soon. I don't think they have started playing Christmas music here yet, though. YAY! :D Probably will soon though. :rolleyes:

ramanth
11-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy
The soft rock radio station in Washington, DC is already playing non-stop Christmas music!!! It's not even THANKSGIVING!!! Is this not ridiculous or what?
Two radio stations in Detroit are doing that too. They literally started playing it Nov. 1st.

I agree with you and think it's highly annoying. We jump right from Halloween to Christmas. :mad:

I like Thanksgiving and I wouldn't be surprised if one year, the holiday is forgotten. :(

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Miranda_Rae
Oh well, hopefully it will be over soon.

it will be, on December 26th. :p

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2004, 03:21 PM
Not here - they don't stop playing their Christmas music until after the New Year. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is annoyed with this.

Miranda_Rae
11-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Not here - they don't stop playing their Christmas music until after the New Year. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that is annoyed with this.

Yeah here too. Thats why I rarely have the radio on around Christmas time, except for Christmas Eve and Day. :p Then its fun. :D

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 03:31 PM

You're kidding?! :eek: No wonder you're annoyed. ;)

Samantha Puppy
11-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
You're kidding?! :eek: No wonder you're annoyed. ;) I wish I was. I could handle it when it began AFTER Thanksgiving and was intermittent through the New Year... but non-stop for what they've made now, the best part of TWO MONTHS is !@#%^@#$%^&%$#$@#$%!!!!

LKPike
11-19-2004, 04:07 PM
maybe someone should start making thanksgiving songs... then theyd have something holiday appropriate to play when their bored! :p :p :p

guineapiglover4life
11-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Hee hee, I couldn't help but giggle a bit when I read this thread. How funny they are playing it so early. I haven't heard that yet on the radio in my state.

RICHARD
11-19-2004, 05:57 PM
My favorite seafood store is owned by a Phillipino company.

I was in there two weeks ago and went crazy....

I walked in and there were Xmas carols being played over the store intercom.......We wish you a Merry Xmas and so on....All of a sudden the verses were being sung in Tagalog!!!

I was trying to follow along with the tunes but the pace was too fast!!! I found myself zipping around the aisle at about 150 miles an hour......I had to leave before I crashed into someone or something.....it was wild!!!:eek:

PJ's Mom
11-19-2004, 06:27 PM
Lol :D

catnapper
11-19-2004, 06:33 PM
Yes, they do that around here too. It wouldn't be so bad if the songs they played over and over again weren't so lame. And they never play the fun joke ones... nooooo... that would make for enjopyable listening! :D

lbaker
11-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Actually I don't like the "fun, joke ones" or any so called Christmas music that's played on most stations. If I listen to the radio around this time of year I mostly listen to the classical stations. Piano, pipe organ, the three "B's". That sort of stuff. To each their own. But then I really avoid most BIG stores with smelly scents and phony "holiday cheer". Give me a museum gift shop or a book store. I know, weird and maybe even unAmerican :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
11-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I do find it unusual that they have started before Thanksgiving but I love Christmas and the music. But, the same ones over and over would certainly get annoying.

zaylagrey
11-19-2004, 07:34 PM
I haven't heard Chrfistmas music here but I am seeing Christmas decorations in peoples front yards. Geesh!

Cookiebaker
11-19-2004, 08:42 PM
I am totally with you on this one SP. Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday, and I dunno....it just seems like it is made so much less of because Christas is jumping way ahead of time. Back ten years ago, it seems like it was always the day after Thanksgiving that Christmas prep started. And it was always so exciting. But now, there's no official start. I dunno, I'm irritated by the non-stop xmas music, too.

GraciesMommy
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
They are all in cahootz! Its to get the public into the shopping mode to spend more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$