PDA

View Full Version : Venting

slleipnir
11-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Sorry, you guys can ignore me if you want, but I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things...

I bought a camera the other week. It cost me 1500 dollars (which I saved up from working) I had roughly 3500 saved. I ended up getting an accessory thing with it so it came to 1900 (my dad paid the difference and said it will be my bday gift) Now...I told my friend when I first got it how much it cost and she was just like cool, w/e. Like it didn't matter. Then today I was talking to her about stuff saying I want to buy a guitar, but I don't have a lot of money now with xmas coming up and a possible trip to florida. So I was like I duno how I'll do that..(I started guitar lessons and I really enjoy it, but renting will end up costing more then buying one) Anyway, I told her again about the cam and my money situation and shes like 1900 for a camera?! -jaw drops- I CANNOT justify paying THAT much for a camera!!! I was like well it was only 1500 for the cam, and it's a good camera. She's like still, I just can't justify paying even that much......when before when I told her it was like no big deal. It's so irrataing. It's my money, I worked very hard for it...I don't see what the deal is. If she went and spent 3000 on something I'd be like 'good for you' if it was somethingi knew she wanted a lot and was going to use.

-sigh- Sorry for whining. It seems to be all im good at

sirrahbed
11-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Please do not let this person spoil your enjoyment of what you chose to buy with your own money. It is none of her business anyway. If that camera is something you wanted, then it is a very good investment, in my opinion. But, you don't need MY opinion, or anyone else's :D

Cookiebaker
11-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Ugh! That's horrible. I can completely understand your desire for an expensive camera, and what a reward it was after you saved money for so long.

I don't think she understands what it means to you, and that's a pity. :(

mina'smomma
11-19-2004, 12:21 PM
I can't say anything I spent 2,000 on my 35 mm because it is the top of the line and one of the best. You saved that money for that reason, and therefore just tell her its what you wanted and leave it at that. She is probably jealous because she can't afford something that nice.

What kind of camera was it?

slleipnir
11-19-2004, 03:44 PM
It's a canon rebel.

Thanks for listening everyone

guineapiglover4life
11-19-2004, 04:28 PM
How inconsiderate! I say that it is awsome that you worked so hard to save up and finally got what you wanted! That's quite an expensive camera! I saw the photos you took with it. Spectacular! I wish I had a camera like that!