PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the end?!

Tonya
11-19-2004, 10:05 AM
I've been fighting my company my entire pregnancy. Their doctors (whom have never met me) say that I can work and they'd denied my disability. Yet my doctor has refused to release me back to work because I'm a high risk pregnancy. They've been telling me that they are going to take my benefits away and they won't guarantee my job unless I come back. It's been very stressful.

Well, this morning, there was a rather large direct deposit in my checking account from my company. No one told me that they'd finally approved my disability, but that is what it looks like. I hope this is the end of all this stress and not a mistake. This would be like a thousand pounds of bricks coming off of my shoulders.

gini
11-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Tonya, I sure hope that this is the end of all of your troubles and you can go through the rest of your pregnancy stress free.

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-19-2004, 10:20 AM
That is great news, Tonya. Nothing is more stressfull than not being taken serious. Congrats with your pregnancy!! When are you due?

Jods
11-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Sounds good!! I'm hoping its the end of it all~!

caseysmom
11-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Tonya, Sorry your going through this when you should be just relaxing and taking care of yourself. From what I remember you work for a large company...they don't have a leg to stand on...do you have a union? You could sue the heck out of them if they do any of those things.

BCBlondie
11-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Phew! Glad it's finally over. You need all the rest you can get, without all that extra stress!

NoahsMommy
11-19-2004, 01:34 PM
Tonya,

I'll be crossing my fingers that they did give you the money you deserve. You don't need any extra stress with that little one on the way.

:)

mina'smomma
11-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Did they tell you its for your disability Tonya? I'd call the company and double check. I hope it is so you can enjoy your pregancy.

Tonya
11-19-2004, 04:01 PM
This is intriguing...I went to my work to pick up my paystub. It says Net Direct Deposit: $00.00. So, I called the disability folks and asked them if they had approved my disability, could this be what the money is. They said no, the disability is still denied and they didn't send me any money. So, I called the payroll department, they to said they didn't deposit any money into my account. So I called the bank and double triple verfied. It is indeed a direct deposit from my company's payroll department. So I called payroll again and once again they said no money has come from SBC into my account. So I have a big fat mystery deposit from my company sitting in my checking. :rolleyes: I sure would like to use the money, but with my luck they'll want it back as soon as I spend it.

As far as me suing them and whatnot...I can't find a lawyer willing to fight such a large company. We have a union but my union is weak. They're breaking the law, but no one has the guts to stand up to them. I'm backed into a corner.

Tonya
11-19-2004, 06:36 PM
Sweet. Human Resources just called me. She suspects it is my severance pay but they have no records of it. She said that I shouldn't be paid severance because technically I'm not fired. I'm just on an unexcused unpaid leave of absence. She's supposed to get in touch with payroll dept. on Monday to see if they can help her.

catnapper
11-19-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL... only this could happen to you Tonya! ROTFL!!!

But we got a credit card statement last week... the last balance was $900. This bill's balance is -$50. We sent them a $50 check last month, so that accounts for the $50 number, but what happened to the other $900??? Nobody at the crdit card department can answer our question. I wonder if its a computer glitch? Ahhh, aren't computers grand?