PDA

View Full Version : Just Too Sad... Letter From LeeAnn

RottiMommy49
11-18-2004, 08:14 PM
I havn't been well and can't stop crying. I have fibromyalgia and between nerve conduction tests on tuesday and this news on Cappy my whole body feels like it's on fire and being stabbed.
I decided to share a letter I just recieved from LeeAnn with all who have been so wonderfull since I first posted about (((her and her dear angel Cappy))).:(
So here it is....:(

Dear Friends.

Thank you all for your love & support--shoulders to cry on & ears to listen given so sincerely & generously. Caring friends are an amazing gift not only in good times but in the blackest times friends are a true blessing. You all know how very dear you are to us.

The news about my most special beloved child has completely devastated me to the depth of my soul. I’ve know from the very first that Cappy was a special Angel. Every time I consider how close he came to not even being here it has always frightened me. Had it not been for his Auntie Sandy Vella taking one of her famous leaps of true love, heart & faith by pulling this sick little boy from the Toronto Humane and into the AaR program when he was only 3 ½ months old he would not be here today. I have copies of his paperwork from the TOH. They state he was considered “not a good candidate for adoption” & his outcome marked with a capital E which we all know means euthanasia. An Angel must have been whispering in both our ears & Sandy’s because when she needed a foster home for him we offered & she accepted. Thanks Sandy for trusting us to foster this precious baby even though at the time you knew we were full to overflowing with kids of our own & way over the town bylaw limit.

From day # 1 it’s been an ongoing uphill struggle for this boy. It was discovered through x-rays & exploratory that not only had his jaw & all the bones on the right side of face been broken but he also had an elongated pallet. Corrective surgery on his pallet was done at 4 months old. We were so hopeful that it would also correct his nasal infections but it didn’t. Unfortunately there was no surgery that could correct this short of total reconstruction of his face. He’s been susceptible to nasty nasal infections since then. Anything could & did set him off…..all the wonderful seasons with everything they bring. After 2 ½ years of hell for him not only with the infections but nasal swabs done trying to determine the best combatable antibiotics we had last year finally found one that has been working well for him to quickly bring it under control. Under control that is until the next bout. He also suffers from what my vet calls possible “post head trauma” which causes him to not be able to lift his back feet up when walking. He shuffles & drags his back feet like an old man wearing bed room slippers & when going down stairs does a bunny hop with his back feet. As well because of his early trauma his teeth & jaws are so misaligned that he could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.

His antibiotics over the past 2 ½ years have been pretty expensive approx $320.00 a year but we took this kid on knowing full well he would be costly but promised him he would always have whatever he needed. With his beautiful lop sided face & tongue always hanging out he would never win a beauty contest but in our eyes he is the most beautiful of his breed.

For those wondering…..my vet has told me the type of lymphoma cancer he has is aggressive. Cappy’s nodes have been enlarged now for over 2 weeks + he has lost 6 lbs in 14 days. I don’t know how long he has but I do know our last boy we lost to the same cancer was 7 weeks from diagnoses. Kit & I have discussed chemo for Cappy at length & we’re firm that we won’t put him through that. If he was a healthy 3 year old boy we might consider it but he’s not & has never been from the start.

I’m a firm believer in Angels. I do believe that Cappy is an Angel sent to us. I do believe Angels are only given to us for as long as they should be with us. I believe Cappy’s life was saved because the Angels sang & he was blessed. I believe everything happens as it’s predestined to. I’m totally heartbroken but I do believe we were lucky enough to be chosen to love & cherish this child for whatever time he has with us. His life with us may be short in years but it’s been full of loving memories.

Love Lee Ann, Kit & Cappy

GraciesMommy
11-18-2004, 08:18 PM
I am bawling too...what a beautifully written letter. I hope this sweet angel has many more happy years with them..they really love this guy! He is so lucky to have them...blessed beyond measure..

chocolatepuppy
11-18-2004, 08:30 PM
That last paragragh is so touching. Your friend LeeAnn and Cappy will be in my prayers.:(

dukedogsmom
11-18-2004, 08:39 PM
That letter just breaks my heart. I hope he lives as pain free as possible with the time he has left on this earth. Why does life have to be so unfair? I'm sure he'll make a great angel.

tomkatzid
11-19-2004, 12:52 AM
What a sad but wonderful tribute, one thing is for sure, the rainbow bridge is gonna be a better place when cappy arrives!!!!!.......tom

robinh
11-19-2004, 08:03 AM
Mt heartfelt thanks and prayers go out to the family. Thanks for the care and concern they gave this wonderful animal. And prayers for their pain at the prospect of losing him.
:(

LorraineO
11-19-2004, 11:05 AM
There arent words for this.....

HUGS!!!!!

tatsxxx11
11-19-2004, 04:33 PM
My heart is breaking for you and Cappy LeeAnn and I wish with all my heart that a miracle could be had for you and your precious Cappy. It's hard to imagine why one so deserving should be dealt such a cruel fate. But as you say, many guardian angels were at work to assure that Cappy finally found his way to his forever angel, you. I could barely type for the tears as you described the horrific permanent, residual effects of the incredible abuse he suffered. But thanks to you LeeAnn, those days of torture and torment are but a distant memory and he will leave this earth a happy pup, knowing only the joy of having been totally, completely and unconditionally loved. There is a special place in heaven for doggies like Cappy and guardians like you. I hope you get to march in the Christmas Parade this weekend dear Cappy. What a treat that would be for all the revelers, seeing handsome you in your Santa hat:) Please give Cappy a big hug and kiss for me LeeAnn. You and Cappy are in my thoughts and prayers and we'll will be checking for updates. Love to you Cappy. What a brave, beautiful boy you are. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra